Type 2 Life

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Evening. FBG 8.9 mmol/l, this infection has raised my sugars. Well yesterday I got a surprise - remember that inpatient sleep study test I had in mid February ? I got the results from Gartnavel General Hospital yesterday and they said the test showed sleep apnoea and they have arranged another inpatient stay to get fitted for a CPAP machine. :)

D

debrasue

Thanks for your good wishes @debrasue and @ickihun - unfortunately it didn't go as planned. While the dentist was pulling out his dodgy tooth she nicked the roof of his mouth, she tried to put a stitch in it but it was right on the edge of the numb area so was unsuccessful. He was in so much pain he had to have more anaesthetic which meant more delays :( Good job I brought some walnuts with me to snack on, I tested myself just when we were leaving and I was 5.1 which is quite low for me. Still, we're feeling much better now - I have my cup of tea and he's watching YouTube videos while dosed up to the eyeballs with painkillers!
Oh dear! It's enough to give anyone a dentist phobia.....
I'll bet he's glad it's all over now though - and well done you for planning ahead!
:)

Reactions: 2 people
D

debrasue

Evening. FBG 8.9 mmol/l, this infection has raised my sugars. Well yesterday I got a surprise - remember that inpatient sleep study test I had in mid February ? I got the results from Gartnavel General Hospital yesterday and they said the test showed sleep apnoea and they have arranged another inpatient stay to get fitted for a CPAP machine. :)
That's good news - and it appears it might help with your BG levels, too.
http://www.diabetesselfmanagement.c...ar-levels-people-sleep-apnea-type-2-diabetes/
:)

D

debrasue

One more day to work and not looking forward to it at all but then after tomorrow guess what

I'm on annual leave yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
Whoopeeeeeeeee
LOL

One week off just to rest
Nowt planned but so good not to get up and go in

I will have a few lie ins

We might go to either Liverpool or Manchester (or both) A day in my beloved Lake District is calling me

And I am going to sink one or two cans
Enjoy!!!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Yey, coming off Metformin ... Doc says lower blood pressure, cholesterol and HbA1c means stopping this is fine - will review other medication in 4 months, but exercise and lifestyle changes have made such a difference.

Also, shouldn't beat myself up if I fall off the wagon once in a while. It's a good day today!
Wolf whistle! Look at you. Fantastic news. So no more diabetic meds?
I wish I'd had these forums when I was first diagnosed.
Well done and keep up the good work.
You know how to bounce back so I know you are well armed with tools to kick diabetes in the gut. For ever. :)

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
I think that's why it works so well, Kevin, don't you? We all know that this is the place to come when we need to offload, and we remember those who offered their love and support, so we make sure we're there for them when they need it too. Long live this community! :)

Amen to that sister:) !!

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep @ickihun no more diabetes meds. Doc knew I wanted to try stop them before camping in August - without going into the details, an 'upset' tummy on a campsite would be be fun. Will review BP and cholestorol meds in 3 months, I want to get off them all.

Honestly, the help and support of this forum has been phenomenal - and I've always appreciated you boosting me when I've been a bit low, thank you.

Celebrating with red wine :)

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for support, I could tell you but don't think that's allowed on here ha ha. It's awful I'm looking over my shoulder, checking number when phone rings. Still he's not type to give up, been going on for agesssssss!!!! Hope your doing ok, seems I can get on forum without trouble today !!!

@maureen5752 can't you report him, it is not right if someone is doing this to you. A suggestion, helpful I hope, write down every time something happens - otherwise the memory fails (well I know mine does), if you have everything written down it will be easier for you to raise a complaint with the police I think.

Reactions: 3 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@maureen5752 can't you report him, it is not right if someone is doing this to you. A suggestion, helpful I hope, write down every time something happens - otherwise the memory fails (well I know mine does), if you have everything written down it will be easier for you to raise a complaint with the police I think.
. Should have done that long ago but started to day making notes, dates ect, was gonna report him but I have enough stress, see what happens next couple days if not have to do somat, move!!!!!! Hibernate!!! No will have to do somat if it doesn't stop. Thanks (hug)

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Yep @ickihun no more diabetes meds. Doc knew I wanted to try stop them before camping in August - without going into the details, an 'upset' tummy on a campsite would be be fun. Will review BP and cholestorol meds in 3 months, I want to get off them all.

Honestly, the help and support of this forum has been phenomenal - and I've always appreciated you boosting me when I've been a bit low, thank you.

Celebrating with red wine :)

I really am so pleased for you:)

Diagnosed 13 April 16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, weight 13st 8lbs, (2012 - 17st 7lbs, waist 42") waist 34".

2 June 16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 120/72, weight 11st 11lbs, (2012 - 17st 7lbs, waist 42") waist 30".

Never give in, never give in, never never never given in...Winston Churchill.

Sent from my iPhone3 June16:

Sent from my iPhone

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
He shouldn't be able to drive you away @maureen5752 I've lived next to a nasty neighbour, it was horrible - made me not want to go home. Hoping you can resolve it. Sending you virtual hugs - and best wishes it will be resolved soon, just don't let the ****** get you down!

Reactions: 3 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @KevinPotts I'm super happy tonight. I wasn't expecting it until maybe late next month so very pleased when GP suggested it.

Interestingly my GP changed recently (other one retired), I think this one is more forward thinking and so supportive of me coming off all my medication.

Reactions: 6 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
He shouldn't be able to drive you away @maureen5752 I've lived next to a nasty neighbour, it was horrible - made me not want to go home. Hoping you can resolve it. Sending you virtual hugs - and best wishes it will be resolved soon, just don't let the ****** get you down!
Thanks so much, great support from you all, (hugs) to all of you

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Going nuts forgot to take meds today, take as usual tonight, must be getting old & forgetful, 64 soon that must be why ha ha @PenfoldAPD congrats with coming off meds! At least you won't forget to take them. Happy for you

D

debrasue

Don't know how to pm
Click on the little 'envelope' icon at the top right of your screen and then click on "Send a new Private Message" from the menu that drops down. Then you just need to type in the user name of the person you want to PM, ie debrasue....

Reactions: 4 people
D

debrasue

Yey, coming off Metformin ... Doc says lower blood pressure, cholesterol and HbA1c means stopping this is fine - will review other medication in 4 months, but exercise and lifestyle changes have made such a difference.

Also, shouldn't beat myself up if I fall off the wagon once in a while. It's a good day today!
Well done that man!!! :D

D

debrasue

Glad to be back, feel really ill, while out had threatening bad language calls, txts & found loads of stuff (the used unwanted) dumped at back door of flats!!! So stressed never know what's going on can't relax!!
Hmm, I think @ickihun may be right - it could be time to call in some back-up. This guy needs to be taught some manners.....

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Click on the little 'envelope' icon at the top right of your screen and then click on "Send a new Private Message" from the menu that drops down. Then you just need to type in the user name of the person you want to PM, ie debrasue....
Thanks very much. Hope your well