Type 2 Life

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
And how long will they last

Not long. H&B now have a promo st£4.99+ 50% off second tub and I need some more salted caramel :)

Diagnosed 13/4/16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

6/6/16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 112/68, BPM 66, 11st 11lbs, waist 30".

Regime: 20g LCHF, run 1 mile daily, weekly fasting.

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

Not long. H&B now have a promo st£4.99+ 50% off second tub and I need some more salted caramel :)

Diagnosed 13/4/16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

6/6/16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 112/68, BPM 66, 11st 11lbs, waist 30".

At £4.99 per tub I'm not surprised you pounced on the 3 for two offer.

Reactions: 3 people

TracyC

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Meat ( yeah...protein in general ..I'm screwed ) but I am eating it now. Mornings, studying, crowds, Phobias a-plenty including vomiting, flying, travel in general actual, crowds, the outside (lol)
Oh yes, I can relate to such a lot of that - it could be me talking 30 years ago! I do believe that at my age (I'm 63) it's a lot easier to focus on the fact that I have to do this - my options have run out, but I've always been an all-or-nothing person, too, so that made it easier to throw myself wholeheartedly into LCHF.
I get what you say about eating the same meals, because in the beginning I felt that was the only way I could stay on track. But after a while I began to trust in the programme and have the odd, quick peep outside the box. And it was ok!
Now I am a lot more adventurous and I get heaps of ideas from these forums. Posting and reading posts on What have you eaten today in the Low Carb Diet forum is a great place to start!
Good luck honey - you can do this!
:)
I'm so sorry I never replied to this sooner, for some reason I didn't get a notification for it, its a bit odd but not the first time on this forum, I went searching though and taa daa! Really appreciate the support, so thank you! I haven't slipped up since I have began again, I am determined now, its so strange because the absolute exhaustion and just feeling really rough has literally vanished overnight, ok so I am hungry ...haha, I'm hungry now but I know its a temporary feeling. At the same time that I was diagnosed I had asked the GP to test me to find out if I was menopausal ( I'm 45 this year ) and the mood swings ( so so bad, ashamed of behaviour ) and my monthlies stopped.

But he wouldn't do it, he said to get the diabetes under control first, I never understood at the time what high BG could do to you, not just physically but mentally too, and clearly he was right my mood when Im eating properly on a low carb diet is not even comparable to how it is when my bloods are showing 17 or 18. I'm so glad you've managed to nail this, it's really inspiring.

I am determined to lose a lot of weight which in turn should help, I'm 5ft 10 and 15 stone, I need to lose 6 stone to be my ideal weight, no small undertaking, but a friend of mine who came running with me earlier today was talking about how her ex wanted her to be bigger, to actually put on weight because he liked that, and she said "Can you believe he wanted me to get fat? like , yeah of course I just really want to be diabetic..., no offence Tracy'" ...haha , I was a bit too gobsmacked to give a smart come back, but there certainly is a stigma attached to type 2 and I am a walking cliche, determined not to be for much longer though! xx

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
What a GOAL

We were bxxxdy robbed. Well done lads, but you have to concentrate right to,the end, but a good effort;)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
Does a happy little (virtual) dance.

All is good this morning:
- Levels down to 5's (showing I do not need 2x Glics)
- I actually lost 2kgs weight since Friday - it might be a blip, but I like it!

Have a lovely day

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
I've just joined you @ magsiess in your dance of joy- only mine is a real (samba) my hubbie looks bemused! Congratulations, it was your hard work that achieved this - you rock

Reactions: 4 people

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
Thank you @13lizanne

Finally, things are starting to work ..... I am just so happy this morning.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've 7 tubs in the freezer at present. Haha :)
e64eea09b20465901e0ce5c507385dd4.jpg

@KevinPotts Can you check to see when the 3 for 2 offer finishes, for me?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I have made plans for an oppo ice cream shop tomorrow @KevinPotts . Thanks @debrasue for your inspiration!
Cooler bag will be on the ready with ice packs and wraping for my over shoulder shopping bag. No need for suitcase, on this occasion, ha ha. :) :) :)

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
@ickihun there is low carb ice cream?? tell me where I can find this wonder. The husband and I love ice cream, but at the moment he chomps away on his and I sit there all envious! Sadly I only have an ice box in a fridge (yes I know very old fashioned) but I can get a couple of tubs in there.

Reactions: 6 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@KevinPotts Can you check to see when the 3 for 2 offer finishes, for me?

Couldn't track it down, but my guess is they run for about 28 days usually, but not sure when it started:)

Reactions: 3 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Looks like 28 June online so prob the same in stores.. unless @KevinPotts has bought the entire UK stock by then...

Great. That's a bit mores curate:)

D

debrasue

I'm so sorry I never replied to this sooner, for some reason I didn't get a notification for it, its a bit odd but not the first time on this forum, I went searching though and taa daa! Really appreciate the support, so thank you! I haven't slipped up since I have began again, I am determined now, its so strange because the absolute exhaustion and just feeling really rough has literally vanished overnight, ok so I am hungry ...haha, I'm hungry now but I know its a temporary feeling. At the same time that I was diagnosed I had asked the GP to test me to find out if I was menopausal ( I'm 45 this year ) and the mood swings ( so so bad, ashamed of behaviour ) and my monthlies stopped.

But he wouldn't do it, he said to get the diabetes under control first, I never understood at the time what high BG could do to you, not just physically but mentally too, and clearly he was right my mood when Im eating properly on a low carb diet is not even comparable to how it is when my bloods are showing 17 or 18. I'm so glad you've managed to nail this, it's really inspiring.

I am determined to lose a lot of weight which in turn should help, I'm 5ft 10 and 15 stone, I need to lose 6 stone to be my ideal weight, no small undertaking, but a friend of mine who came running with me earlier today was talking about how her ex wanted her to be bigger, to actually put on weight because he liked that, and she said "Can you believe he wanted me to get fat? like , yeah of course I just really want to be diabetic..., no offence Tracy'" ...haha , I was a bit too gobsmacked to give a smart come back, but there certainly is a stigma attached to type 2 and I am a walking cliche, determined not to be for much longer though! xx
Yes, I think many of us on these forums can relate to the stigma attached to Type 2, and the lack of education/understanding surrounding it is staggering. Unfortunately there are a great many people who operate "gob in gear/brain in neutral", too, but you're doing well in not letting that get to you.

Try not to let yourself get too hungry - it's often a quick way to sabotage your good intentions by grabbing anything to hand to satisfy hunger pangs. If you can plan ahead by having something LCHF handy wherever you are (nuts, cheese, pork scratchings, etc) you'll not only be able to stay on track, but you'll feel great about yourself for handling it, too.

I need to lose a lot of weight, too, but I'm managing to put that to the back of my mind and let LCHF take care of it while I focus on my BGs. The more I micro-manage my weight loss, the more likely I am to fail. This new strategy seems to be working so far as I have lost 19lbs and I can't really imagine why! I have a very long way to go, but every journey starts with a single step and I'm on my way. I have to remind myself that it's not a race, and it'll take as long as it takes.

Well done, Tracy - you're doing great!

Hugs x

Reactions: 5 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Afternoon, FBG 7.0 mmol/l. Finish antibiotics tomorrow but it's not cleared totally. Dry here but grey skies.:)

Reactions: 7 people