ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Consultant is pleased with my progress because this time last year I was in hospital with bloods of 59.4 and an HbA1c of 102

Now my bloods average 8-10 and HbA1c is 55

She also reclassified me from Type 2 to Type 1 (I'm not bothered by this) and has switched to a new basal insulin called Toujeo (never heard of it but she said it's more concentrated than Humulin I and thinks it will get me down to within range) she has stopped my metformin (6 X daily) but kept me on Novorapid insulin with food

She is pleased with my weight loss and says I should stick around where I am at present

So that's it in a nutshell oh and she asked what changes I had made and I told her that I was eating less carbs and she said I was doing the right thing

She was very thorough went back looking at my notes throughout my life and said Pancreas Divisum and Pancreatitis were significant in her opinion in diagnosing me from type 2 to type 1

I had always thought I was type 1 seeing as my grandfather had it along with one of my sisters and a few nephews and nieces so it's no big deal

Thank you for enquiring @debrasue x
Oh @Cumberland . Does that mean we won't see you on fasting bgs for type 2?

Reactions: 6 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Consultant is pleased with my progress because this time last year I was in hospital with bloods of 59.4 and an HbA1c of 102

She also reclassified me from Type 2 to Type 1 (I'm not bothered by this) and has switched to a new basal insulin called Toujeo (never heard of it but she said it's more concentrated than Humulin I and thinks it will get me down to within range) she has stopped my metformin (6 X daily) but kept me on Novorapid insulin with food

She is pleased with my weight loss and says I should stick around where I am at present

So that's it in a nutshell oh and she asked what changes I had made and I told her that I was eating less carbs and she said I was doing the right thing

She was very thorough went back looking at my notes throughout my life and said Pancreas Divisum and Pancreatitis were significant in her opinion in diagnosing me from type 2 to type 1

I had always thought I was type 1 seeing as my grandfather had it along with one of my sisters and a few nephews and nieces so it's no big deal

@Cumberland great news very pleased for you (hug)

Reactions: 5 people

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Had a good visit to the DN and the doctor. My BP is perfect, HB1ac is 53, doc happy with the exercise I am taking, weight is down by 4 kg and all looks fine. Nurse warned me about some of the potential side effects of Canagliflozin and as I am on 200mg also suggested that I keep an eye on my BG during the day because I had been showing a few signs of little hypos. No more missing meals for me!

I was given a gold star and let go home.

ps. Going off for the weekend in the morning, taking my meter with me.

Reactions: 4 people
D

debrasue

She sounds as if she knows her stuff and has done a good job. Well done to you, too, on the HbA1c reduction and the weight loss! The new diagnosis is a bit of a fazer but, realistically, you are in the same position as you were yesterday except at least now you know exactly what you are dealing with. And hopefully the new meds will be a success. Your positive attitude, too, will stand you in good stead - as I'm sure it aways has done.
Well done, Cumbs - you are a great role model and a source of inspiration to the rest of us!
(I hope you're not going to abandon us on the T2 forums now!!!)
Big hugs xxx
:)

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Had a good visit to the DN and the doctor. My BP is perfect, HB1ac is 53, doc happy with the exercise I am taking, weight is down by 4 kg and all looks fine. Nurse warned me about some of the potential side effects of Canagliflozin and as I am on 200mg also suggested that I keep an eye on my BG during the day because I had been showing a few signs of little hypos. No more missing meals for me!

I was given a gold star and let go home.

ps. Going off for the weekend in the morning, taking my meter with me.

Well done, improving control all round.. Have a lovely time away:)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum

Reactions: 2 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.

@Cumberland, I'm pleased you now have more precision to the diagnosis. Sounds like your GP is terrific. Thank you for taking us all into your confidence. Best wishes:)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job

Congratulations Cumberland, outstanding results!

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning everyone, hope your well, I've got bad chesty cough, cold & sore throat, whole body hurts, if you don't mind me asking if like to try out different breakfasts, lunches ect, I'd appreciate it if any of you would tell me what you eat for breakfast. Lunch ect. Give me some ideas like to try our new ideas. Thanks have a great day all

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@Providence 62 - Well Done N on your results. Never miss/skip meals! If you don't feel like a meal, try having snacks:- A Greek Yoghurt, - Lumps of Cheese,- Handful of nuts like Raw Almonds, Pecans, Walnuts, Cashews are great for lowering and controlling Blood Sugars.
Enjoy your weekend and sensible to take your meter too.:) Wm

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Morning everyone, hope your well, I've got bad chesty cough, cold & sore throat, whole body hurts, if you don't mind me asking if like to try out different breakfasts, lunches ect, I'd appreciate it if any of you would tell me what you eat for breakfast. Lunch ect. Give me some ideas like to try our new ideas. Thanks have a great day all
Hi Maureen sorry to hear your feeling under the weather . As for food I've been out and got the new Hemsley cook book . Its filled with brealfast , lunch, tea , snack and drinks recipes, so I'm trying them out on OH. Last night we had home made chicken Kiev with spinach salad . Tonight were having slow-cooked smoky apple pulled pork with cauli mash. Tomorrow were having quick sausage Ragu with celeriac spaghetti. The book also tells you about fats , sweeteners,gives you a complete shopping lists,even gives you a complete menu.

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Maureen sorry to hear your feeling under the weather . As for food I've been out and got the new Hemsley cook book . Its filled with brealfast , lunch, tea , snack and drinks recipes, so I'm trying them out on OH. Last night we had home made chicken Kiev with spinach salad . Tonight were having slow-cooked smoky apple pulled pork with cauli mash. Tomorrow were having quick sausage Ragu with celeriac spaghetti. The book also tells you about fats , sweeteners,gives you a complete shopping lists,even gives you a complete menu.
Thanks! I gave all my cook books to my daughter 2 weeks ago! Silly me, she's bought a hous & gone all domestic, I noticed this morning I had some gluten free porridge with water, 35g & I he later my augers were 10.3 2 hrs later 6.6. To high, what's the name of the Hensley book you bought pls. Thanks for your help. Have good day yourself

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Thanks! I gave all my cook books to my daughter 2 weeks ago! Silly me, she's bought a hous & gone all domestic, I noticed this morning I had some gluten free porridge with water, 35g & I he later my augers were 10.3 2 hrs later 6.6. To high, what's the name of the Hensley book you bought pls. Thanks for your help. Have good day yourself
Good and simple , got it in Tesco.

KimG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Got on the scales this morning and I have put on a stone :(:nailbiting::woot:. I'm very deflated :(. I know I've had a bad time lately, but I'm upset that I've let my regime go. I'm struggling to stick to LCHF. I have my yearly check up next month, the results won't be good :(. A loss of 5 stone is now a loss of 4. I guess mentally I'm not ready to go back on it until my mum's estate has been sorted out once and for all. I have a couple of operations coming up too. I wish for some motivation :(

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Tesco is 2 buses. 1 Hour away but I will go & get it, sounds interesting. Thanks have great weekend, I've just made chicken/veg soup cos of this cold.
Before you go out and make your cold worse , ring them and make sure its in stock . Look after yourself love. Enjoy the weekend . Xxx

D

debrasue

I'm really sorry to hear you're not well, Maureen - hugs x
Breakfast for me can be along the lines of eggs - boiled, poached, fried or scrambled, good sausages, low-carb toast with peanut butter and sliced kiwis, bacon, Brunneria's Cinnamon Crunch with whole milk, Coyo yoghurt, chia pudding, berries and cream or frittata. Lunch can be hummus and vegetables, homemade soup, an omelette, a sandwich with cold meat or cheese on low-carb bread, or salad, especially with prawns or tinned or baked fish.
Hope this helps and that you feel better soon.
Big hugs xxx

Reactions: 2 people

PNJB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In monitoring my intake and weight loss, I have noticed what appears to be a 13 day cycle in me losing each of the last 5 kg. If this is a truism, then it tells me it would take 365 days to lose 28Kg. This is 3 Kg more than I need to lose, and is so pleasing after four years of increasing weight. Has anybody else noticed a periodic cycle of weight loss, or am I fooling myself? Whatever, I have programmed my diary for the next 39 days with an anticpated weight loss to see if I am on to something here!

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Before you go out and make your cold worse , ring them and make sure its in stock . Look after yourself love. Enjoy the weekend . Xxx
Thanks never thought of that, seems like I'm losing my marbles now I'm 64!!!! Ha ha. Received pensioners travel pass 2 days ago!!!!