Type 2 Life

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good morning, my good, lovely friends on www.diabetes.co.uk type two life forum,

I am posting to say I'm back at the library to use the internet based facilities and log on to all my favourite websites/social media pages because my wifi in my flat is still non operational. My Sky Broadband, Sky TV and Sky talk landline telephone service is due to be taken by direct debit on 22nd July 2016 thanks to my corporate appointee putting money into that frozen bank account. I'll have to ring the Sky Accessibility Team to reorder all my services because due to the bill being so high and one of my friends incurring huge costs by ringing overseas they have cancelled themselves out.

I had a good day yesterday (the library was closed so I wasn't able to log on to any internet-means resources) and ate occasional hash browns and had cups of coffee with sugar (God forbid!!) and this morning my fasting blood glucose was 4.8 going up to as high as 7.8 after sugary coffee and stabilizing after I took my morning medication. About an hour and a half ago I ate 8 hash browns and had tomato ketchup on them.

I am looking forward to getting my Sky Services back and intend to watch my usual Disney Channel and Nickelodeon as well as occasional Tom and Jerry cartoons on Boomerang. I'll be glad to get my wifi back as well.

Have a lovely day, my friends.

Yours faithfully,

@autisticwonder1970 (Johnny Baker)
Sufferer of Asperger Syndrome, ADHD, Psychotic Depression and idiopathic megarectum.

Reactions: 6 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. Can anyone help. When travelling to a hot country heat can affect your meter, do you need an insulated bag? Do you need a special container for your used testing needles? Any think else I'd need? Appreciate where these could be bought. Hope everyone's well. Take care

Reactions: 7 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Afternoon. FBG 5.9 mmol/l. Sunny here and been busy all day. Having lunch soon. :)

Reactions: 8 people
S

Sable_Jan

Morning all. Can anyone help. When travelling to a hot country heat can affect your meter, do you need an insulated bag? Do you need a special container for your used testing needles? Any think else I'd need? Appreciate where these could be bought. Hope everyone's well. Take care
I always use a sharps bin at home so guess you'd need to take one with you? You can get weeny ones too I get 500ml size, lasts me a long time. Vet sends it for disposal for me as neither doctors surgery nor Sainsbury's pharmacy takes them.
You could get a kiddies coolbag to keep kit cool.

Reactions: 2 people

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
@Stallen - Just wondered how you are? Hope your sutured areas have healed brilliantly and you are back in good health, but still taking things easy. :)
Hi Liam,
I wish......lol
I was busy over the weekend, I'd promised to help out at an arts and music festival at the local park, typically Monday woke up with a stinking cold, my morning BG have been well into the 9s, today it was 6.7 so thankfully it looks like I could be germ free soon, all my other aches and pains are ok, I'd also promised to do some voluntary gardening yesterday, so I dragged my snotty nose to the park gardens for an hour and half, weeding and sweeping up.

The stitches and everything associated with the op has been plain sailing I was very fortunate healing so well, and I'm responding to the humira again, I'm due my next injection Friday morning but I might take it tonight, I've more voluntary work tomorrow.

But I am taking it easy......ish, I just need to shift this cold.

How are you?

Reactions: 4 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I always use a sharps bin at home so guess you'd need to take one with you? You can get weeny ones too I get 500ml size, lasts me a long time. Vet sends it for disposal for me as neither doctors surgery nor Sainsbury's pharmacy takes them.
You could get a kiddies coolbag to keep kit cool.
Thanks for help. I had loads kiddies cool bags. But! My sister emptied my house few years ago while I was on holiday & I mean emptied! From toothbrush to carpets! Some sister. Yeh I'll look for a small bag as you suggested thanks. Hope your well

Reactions: 3 people
S

Sable_Jan

Thanks for help. I had loads kiddies cool bags. But! My sister emptied my house few years ago while I was on holiday & I mean emptied! From toothbrush to carpets! Some sister. Yeh I'll look for a small bag as you suggested thanks. Hope your well
Bet she hasn't got a key now!!

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bet she hasn't got a key now!!
Certainly not!!!! No joking everythink went, nearly had her/husband for it but like an idiot I didn't! Never sppke to her since, even personal stuff from my mom went, in to her house I'm certain, well they say what goes around comes around!! I'm still waiting for that to happen, I'm a forgiving person but not on this occasion, hell is to good for her, anyway shows your day been? Good I hope,

S

Sable_Jan

Certainly not!!!! No joking everythink went, nearly had her/husband for it but like an idiot I didn't! Never sppke to her since, even personal stuff from my mom went, in to her house I'm certain, well they say what goes around comes around!! I'm still waiting for that to happen, I'm a forgiving person but not on this occasion, hell is to good for her, anyway shows your day been? Good I hope,
Not bad thanks Maureen. Hope yours was OK too

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Morning, FBG 6.5 mmol/l. Blue skies and cooking breakfast and getting insulin ready. :)

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
A1c and Lipids today:)....

Gardening...

Investment to review:(

Booking Tenerife for later in the year with fellow mother and father of our daughter-in-law at a beautiful villa, replete with pool....looking forward to it already:)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum

Reactions: 9 people

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
A1c and Lipids today:)....

Gardening...

Investment to review:(

Booking Tenerife for later in the year with fellow mother and father of our daughter-in-law at a beautiful villa, replete with pool....looking forward to it already:)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum

Morning @KevinPotts
I've just paid the balance for my hols later and I'm starting to think of sunnier climes!
Have you been to Tenerife before? Depending on where you're based, and your tastes, I can give you the lowdown on some great restaurants. Mmm the memories!!

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app