Type 2 Life

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Rons outside being closely watched by me and the dog. He's alright till it gets to lunch time then he gets tired. X

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Hi, Johnny! I'm sorry to hear your back is painful again, but I'm glad you're having such a lovely, sociable time with all your friends. Good BG reading, too. The weather has been lovely again here in the West Country.
Have a great day!
Hugs
Thank you, debrasue, and a very good morning to you on this splendid South London sunny morning on Wednesday 10th August 2016. My blood glucose was 6.3 this morning and I should be getting my wifi back in my flat any day now thanks to the input of my Care Coordinator. Have a lovely day and best wishes to you.

Reactions: 3 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Thank you, debrasue, and a very good morning to you on this splendid South London sunny morning on Wednesday 10th August 2016. My blood glucose was 6.3 this morning and I should be getting my wifi back in my flat any day now thanks to the input of my Care Coordinator. Have a lovely day and best wishes to you.
That's excellent news Johnny, I'm really pleased for you

Reactions: 4 people
D

debrasue

That's great news, Johnny - we'll look forward to hearing more from you and how you're getting on with fighting the Devil Carbs and keeping those BGs low!
Hugs

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Glad to hear you've got the dog on duty too!
Big hugs to all three of you.
:)
Where ever Ron is so is the dog. Outside , bathroom , bedroom, kitchen . If Ron has a nap on sofa so does the dog. Good hypo awareness dog he is . They say mans best friend is his dog. X When Ron goes to work Max sulks till he gets home . Then its all smiles (yes we have a dog that smiles ) and cuddles.

Reactions: 7 people
D

debrasue

Where ever Ron is so is the dog. Outside , bathroom , bedroom, kitchen . If Ron has a nap on sofa so does the dog. Good hypo awareness dog he is . They say mans best friend is his dog. X When Ron goes to work Max sulks till he gets home . Then its all smiles (yes we have a dog that smiles ) and cuddles.
Max sounds like a top dog! :)

Reactions: 2 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@liam1955 , @ ickihun, sorry took so long to say thanks for your help, so much going on, really stressed, not in best of health, the 'rat' is a pain, friend from Iran really nosey, bossy & interfering, thinks she knows it all & everyone should jump at her every whim!!!! Liam I have steroids sometimes for asmah worked great for me but sugars went sky high, hope your problem gets sorted soon & you feel much better take care. Hope everyone's well, thanks sgain

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Max sounds like a top dog! :)
He is debs but he misses his big walks we used to have at weekends but at min as things are I can't manage them any more but hoping once scan results are back and get formal diagnosis can maybe get back to long walks again .
Have finely got my meds for the seizures so that's one-step closer to getting there

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Type 2 life for me ? Well mainly it's **** at the moment. Insulin that isn't doing me any good - 144 IU a day and still spikes and never less than 6 mmol/l FBG. Other conditions like sleep apnoea and kidney dysfunction just compound it all. Fed up, tired all the time and sleep like a brick lol.

I just love T2DM lol. Wonderful. :arghh:

D

debrasue

He is debs but he misses his big walks we used to have at weekends but at min as things are I can't manage them any more but hoping once scan results are back and get formal diagnosis can maybe get back to long walks again .
Have finely got my meds for the seizures so that's one-step closer to getting there
Baby steps, Ron, baby steps - but you're getting there, thank goodness.
I'm sure you'll be taking Max for those long walks again soon, too. You have the determination to succeed!

Reactions: 5 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Type 2 life for me ? Well mainly it's **** at the moment. Insulin that isn't doing me any good - 144 IU a day and still spikes and never less than 6 mmol/l FBG. Other conditions like sleep apnoea and kidney dysfunction just compound it all. Fed uif a bolus, tired all the time and sleep like a brick lol.

I just love T2DM lol. Wonderful. :arghh:
@eddie1968 that humulin M3 is rubbish for me too. It spikes me too. I often feel I'd be better off without it but bgs creep up. I would have to take double or triple to stop a spike. Lchf diet's protein accumulates and gives me a higher bg at evening than any other time. Do you?
I often wonder if I'd be better off with a basal insulin only and just run on low carb diet and metformin.
Humulin m3 is more affective 30-40mins before food and 2or 3 times at stable meal times.
I dont have regular meal times. I eat when i can. You?

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Well @ickihun 144 IU daily should flatten an elephant lmao. M3 isn't for me, it's not doing the job in hand and I have my DSN tomorrow who has proposed basal/bolus insulin and needs the docs approval. I will let you know how I get on tomorrow. :)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hi Folks :),
Good to see/read all the postings on here, just like old times :). We had a Sink Hole appeared yesterday in a major (busy) road in York. Just thought I would tell you all this 'useless bit of information'! :D

D

debrasue

Well @ickihun 144 IU daily should flatten an elephant lmao. M3 isn't for me, it's not doing the job in hand and I have my DSN tomorrow who has proposed basal/bolus insulin and needs the docs approval. I will let you know how I get on tomorrow. :)
Good luck, hun - I hope they can come up with something helpful for you. Big hugs x

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Good to see/read all the postings on here, just like old times :). We had a Sink Hole appeared yesterday in a major (busy) road in York. Just thought I would tell you all this 'useless bit of information'! :D
Maybe the making of new outside baths?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
That's true. Be careful tonight as if on new machine your body will react differently. Be cautious!

Reactions: 3 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
. Seems like this forums getting back to its old self, more posting on here again. Hope your well

Reactions: 5 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hi @maureen5752 - Did you decide to take those Cymbalta Tablets for the Peripheral Neuropathy.