Type 2 Life

D

debrasue

Too early but I am tempted to call appointments to see if another scan booked. If I do I'll just worry over Christmas. I'm going to relax about it til after new year. Breathing in rest is much much better on pain relief. I think that's the clue. Breathlessness better on diuretic but more importantly on better pain relief. I'm just stiff on trying to move pelvis (walking). Back locked too. I can feel what's more affected now far less pain. Codeine is a huge help. Not pain-free but far far better. Its lifted my mood too. :D
Sounds like some improvement, Vicky - glad to hear it! xx

D

debrasue

I'm feeling chirpy this afternoon!
I phoned for the results of my HbA1C test last week and it's dropped again to 41mmol/l (5.9%). The comment from the surgery was "Excellent control". Cholesterol's increased slightly (from 5.1 to 5.4) but HDL/LDL ratio has improved (now 1.6/3.2), and I've lost another 2kg. Slow weight loss, but at least it's heading in the right direction...
Still managing to dodge the meds - long live LCHF !!
:):):)

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Yaaay! Very well done Debra, excellent results for all of your hard work. Go you!!!!

Reactions: debrasue

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
I phoned for the results of my HbA1C test last week and it's dropped again to 41mmol/l (5.9%). The comment from the surgery was "Excellent control". Cholesterol's increased slightly (from 5.1 to 5.4) but HDL/LDL ratio has improved (now 1.6/3.2), and I've lost another 2kg. Slow weight loss, but at least it's heading in the right direction...
Well done . X

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Sounds like some improvement, Vicky - glad to hear it! xx
I couldnt resist but call appointments. I'm due a echocardiogram but no booked appointment yet. I'm chilling out about it now. What will be will be. I can only do my bit.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I phoned for the results of my HbA1C test last weeit. lol and it's dropped again to 41mmol/l (5.9%). The comment from the surgery was "Excellent control". Cholesterol's increased slightly (from 5.1 to 5.4) but HDL/LDL ratio has improved (now 1.6/3.2), and I've lost another 2kg. Slow weight loss, but at least it's heading in the right direction...
Excellent. Well done you. I'd love to be med free. 2017 is my health year! so we'll see. I'm making my health my new job so god help it. lol With you and Anna @13lizanne as role models, i wont go far wrong. ♡♥♡

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Well done Debs that's great news

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Still fighting Vicky @ickihun waiting for the antibiotics to do there work
I wondered why I'm on codeine and you're not? But read up on co-dydramol and realised yours are codeine based. Much more effective too.
Maybe I only need codeine as I've never took painkillers before this affliction. Not even for period pain. No pain relief after babies births either. My sister pops paracetamol for a sniffle.
Maybe its done me some good?
My appendix burst and I cried with pain before hand then I had no pain when it burst. I thought I was cured. Ha ha
Always been a tough cookie til just recently. Now I cry like a baby. Ha ha

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
I wondered why I'm on codeine and you're not? But read up on co-dydramol and realised yours are codeine based. Much more effective too.
Maybe I only need codeine as I've never took painkillers before this affliction. Not even for period pain. No pain relief after babies births either. My sister pops paracetamol for a sniffle.
Maybe its done me some good?
My appendix burst and I cried with pain before hand then I had no pain when it burst. I thought I was cured. Ha ha
Always been a tough cookie til just recently. Now I cry like a baby. Ha ha
It's a man thing Vicky lol my restless leg syndrome is back now stopped other meds so will have to bring this up again next time at docs did half expect it but it's back with a vengeance used happen in my sleep but legs are kicking out as I type not easy not dropping my phone while my legs are going for it lol

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
It's a man thing Vicky lol my restless leg syndrome is back now stopped other meds so will have to bring this up again next time at docs did half expect it but it's back with a vengeance used happen in my sleep but legs are kicking out as I type not easy not dropping my phone while my legs are going for it lol
Definitely nerves then. I've used amitriptyline for a shoulder and neck pain early in the year and it was very very effective. I don't use it now as codeine seems more effective with less zombie hangover. Very effective for restless leg syndrome I understand thou. Ask gp if any good for you?

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Evening gang . Just a quick question but do any of you get small bruises on your stomach ?

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Definitely nerves then. I've used amitriptyline for a shoulder and neck pain early in the year and it was very very effective. I don't use it now as codeine seems more effective with less zombie hangover. Very effective for restless leg syndrome I understand thou. Ask gp if any good for you?
Thinking of bringing it up with my pain doc when see him in Feb to see what he thinks .
Have had letter from queens hospital today saying should get my next neurology appointment in next 4 weeks so hopefully get to see a proper neurologist and not a locum and finally get some answers

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thinking of bringing it up with my pain doc when see him in Feb to see what he thinks .
Have had letter from queens hospital today saying should get my next neurology appointment in next 4 weeks so hopefully get to see a proper neurologist and not a locum and finally get some answers
That's the least should happen. I wish you the very best, always have.
I'm seeing my endocrologist in feb to agree to bariatric surgery, need this weight off, any how. It will hopefully guarantee a longer life with my kids. Maybe less pain and insulin too.

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
That's the least should happen. I wish you the very best, always have.
I'm seeing my endocrologist in feb to agree to bariatric surgery, need this weight off, any how. It will hopefully guarantee a longer life with my kids. Maybe less pain and insulin too.
And me you Vicky and I know you will get there because your one of the strongest woman I have ever met

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good Morning, my friends, from PC.4 in Tate South Lambeth Library, Vauxhall, London,

I had 2 delicious slices of grilled cheese on toast for my breakfast this morning and just now before leaving my flat to come to the library I took my blood sugar and it was 6.1 Millimoles Per Litre.

Reactions: Liam1955

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning, my good friends,

I am posting to inform you all that I'm back at the library logging on.

I had 2 slices of cheese on toast this morning for an early breakfast and my blood glucose reading was 6.3 Millimoles Per Litre. I've been feeling really down recently with my Asperger Syndrome. I'm perfectionistically striving for perfect diabetes management but I always let the old "devil carbs" adopt a stronghold in my life. I seem to be total rubbish at managing my diabetes and I need to do something about it. The thing is, I really love bread and rice and spaghetti but in order to achieve blood glucose readings in the 4's and the 5's I have to eradicate the "devil carbs". Cauliflower rice would be lovely to eat, I simply adore cauliflower.

I'm still on the sweeteners, though, in tea and coffee.

Many special blessings to you all and so sorry for being so depressing.

Love you lots,

Johnny Baker, a person with Asperger Syndrome, type 2 diabetes mellitus and musculoskeletal disorder.
Cheer up Johnny, patience! You have a life time in front of you, I am sure you will deal with the carbs in your own time
Never give up!

Reactions: Liam1955