ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
6.1 this morning. Stress I'm sure so need to work out ways of coping.
@Hiitsme I think I need to do the same.
Up all night with a red hot 2yr old. I have an appointment today and supervising the shopping. Was hoping a few hours with just me and o/h tonight for a change. My mum sitting. Calpol in reserves. lol I always feel guilty but for my sanity it has to be done.
Why too much pressure this time of year!
I need a relaxation room or house off Santa. lol

Reactions: 4 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 am, again!
Late of parade today, was hustling the family up and out to get to Forfar market, which we did, nice walk in the afternoon, might give my post dinner walk a miss tonight... haddock in ground almonds.... num num num num...
coffee d cream sq 85% choc and a shot of brandy.... DUFC lost again.
Letter in post asking me to go for a DB review, which is only 3 months since last one.... want to check in lipids I suspect.... boo....
The Bridge tonight :)

Reactions: 3 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@Hiitsme I think I need to do the same.
Up all night with a red hot 2yr old. I have an appointment today and supervising the shopping. Was hoping a few hours with just me and o/h tonight for a change. My mum sitting. Calpol in reserves. lol I always feel guilty but for my sanity it has to be done.
Why too much pressure this time of year!
I need a relaxation room or house off Santa. lol
Nope! My evening out was cancelled. Toddler was too ill. Mam ill too.
It's the season to be jolly. Apparently.
I'll try next week. Fingers crossed. ;-)
Higher fbgs. I wonder why! Roll on next week. :) :) :)

Reactions: 2 people

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nope! My evening out was cancelled. Toddler was too ill. Mam ill too.
It's the season to be jolly. Apparently.
I'll try next week. Fingers crossed. ;-)
Higher fbgs. I wonder why! Roll on next week. :) :) :)

So hard when you don't get the break that you had anticipated. Hope you do manage to get out next week. As you say stress does affect levels but in your situation you don't have much choice but to react to situations. I can remember when mine were small but a long time ago. For me it's silly little things that stress me such as cooking with some things taking me much longer to prepare. I now am trying to do all the preparation first so everything is ready when I start cooking. You can't do that with children and their needs. I'm also aware for me everything takes a lot longer now so need to accept that and plan accordingly.

Reactions: 2 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ickihun hopefully you can manage a quiet night with your OH before xmas. Did you manage to get to your appointment ok and get your shopping done.

Reactions: 5 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ickihun hopefully you can manage a quiet night with your OH before xmas. Did you manage to get to your appointment ok and get your shopping done.

Reactions: 3 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 am, not too sure, later this morning.... numbers been okay, though tonight I made a chocolate mouse and I suspect they might be high in 30 mins.... but the last mouse was awful and never saw the light of day, so I had to have another go... and this one was a lot better... though it was winged.,..
HomeLand now....

Annieok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good luck with your test tomorrow @Annieok
Thanks! I'm beginning to realise that I'm only at the start of the journey and there's many a twist and turn ahead. I'm not sure what the c peptide test will show but hopefully it will help figure out the best course of treatment.

Reactions: 6 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
seemed to have missed Monday..... 5.3 am and then the day woz busy...
5.0 am this morning.
Normal work today 8 to 4, which is very irregular for me....
Hope you're all good.

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks! I'm beginning to realise that I'm only at the start of the journey and there's many a twist and turn ahead. I'm not sure what the c peptide test will show but hopefully it will help figure out the best course of treatment.
cpeptide test shows how much insulin your body is making and using. It is used to tell what type of diabetes you have, there is a page on it on the main site and I think diabetes UK have some info about c peptide test.

My fbg this morning is 4.9 increased insulin and steroids because I have got a chest infection and sinusitis :(.

Reactions: 10 people

bigjohn9916

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
people who use abbreviations without explanation.
text speak.
4.4 :) run out of digestives last night. :bigtears:

Reactions: 8 people