Type 2 Life

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hi @Liam1955 at 2 hours it was 6.1 my friend:)

Well Done @wiseowl_123 - this is still within range.
When I used to eat Porridge (seldom do, nowadays) I would make it with hot water from the kettle, blitz it in the microwave for a minute and then when it had slightly cooled I would stir in 2 - 3 tablespoons of Greek Yoghurt.:)

Reactions: debrasue
D

debrasue

@ickihun - Vicky, I wonder if they could mean the Menopause? :)
Could be... The drop in estrogen during menopause can cause palpitations, etc, breathlessness and bloating, and it would fit with the four-weekly reoccurrences. You're a bit young for that, though, aren't you Vicky?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@ickihun - Vicky, I wonder if they could mean the Menopause? :)
I've had a previous discussion with female gp but bloodtest can only show im not in menopause.
Although could my hormones make me more sensitive to a panic attack?
Most people would panick when they carnt breath and having chest pains, surely?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Could be... The drop in estrogen during menopause can cause palpitations, etc, breathlessness and bloating, and it would fit with the four-weekly reoccurrences. You're a bit young for that, though, aren't you Vicky?
I haven't clue @debrasue . Its very scary!
I now need to read up on the menopause. lol
I'm going to be very well read by the time I'm finished. E-books love me! lol

D

debrasue

I've had a previous discussion with female gp but bloodtest can only show im not in menopause.
Although could my hormones make me more sensitive to a panic attack?
Most people would panick when they carnt breath and having chest pains, surely?
Yes, of course, the chest pains would make you anxious, which could lead to shortness of breath, which could lead to more chest pains, leading to even more breathlessness, and so on...
And yes, the drop in hormones during menopause can make women more prone to anxiety, which can lead to panic attacks if not treated.

Reactions: Liam1955
D

debrasue

Yes, of course, the chest pains would make you anxious, which could lead to shortness of breath, which could lead to more chest pains, leading to even more breathlessness, and so on...
And yes, the drop in hormones during menopause can make women more prone to anxiety, which can lead to panic attacks if not treated.
Your medical team will be investigating all this, though, Vicky, and I'm sure they'll come up with a proper diagnosis soon. Although I know it's hard to live with in the meantime, I think the best thing you can focus on is putting your trust in them and trying to stay as calm as you possibly can when you get one of these attacks.
And yes - I know that's a whole lot easier said than done!
Big hugs honey xxxxxx

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Could be... The drop inin estrogen during menopause can cause palpitations, etc, breathlessness and bloating, and it would fit with the four-weekly reoccurrences. You're a bit young for that, though, aren't you Vicky?
My hormones having been backward or advanced for my age. Bo*bs early on puberty and child bearing hips at 13.
Mum was late 40s with depression then in 50s for period changes.
@Diamum5972 may keep me right.
I'm open to any help. I just don't know where to start. I'll read up first and plug cardiologist friend on menopause interference.
Any help from my friends would be hugely appreciated. Suggesting website etc. I can read from home. I'm resting mostly now as scared to do much. I'll keep walking with 2min interval rests. That's all I can manage! I've sort out a mobility buggy rental for shopping, just on a temporary basis..
When junior doctor touched my pelvis/back. I hit the roof and it made me cry with pain. I wasn't expecting it.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@ickihun - Vicky, You could have been Hyperventilating? Not getting enough Oxygen into your Lungs and into your Heart/Circulation, and then you got into a panic attack, which makes the situation worse, so a vicious circle begins?

D

debrasue

My hormones having been backward or advanced for my age. Bo*bs early on puberty and child bearing hips at 13.
I'm open to any help. I just don't know where to start. I'll read up first and plug cardiologist friend on menopause interference.
Any help from my friends would be hugely appreciated. Suggesting website etc. I can read from home. I'm resting mostly now as scared to do much. I'll keep walking with 2min interval rests. That's all I can manage! I've sort out a mobility buggy rental for shopping, just on a temporary basis..
When junior doctor touched my pelvis/back. I hit the roof and it made me cry with pain. I wasn't expecting it.
Blimey! For YOU to cry with pain, it must have been bad! You are usually bombproof...
I'm no doctor, but that's a very unusual set of symptoms you have there, Vicky, and I really hope your medical team can get this sorted out for you soon. Sending big hugs in the meantime xxxxx

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Ron has the same with his back. When the doctor at the pain clinic touched his he screamed in pain. His back problems are caused by arthritis in the spine .

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
[USER196960]@ickihun[/USER] - Vicky, You could have been Hyperventilating? Not getting enough Oxygen into your Lungs and into your Heart/Circulation, and then you got into a panic attack, which makes the situation worse, so a vicious circle begins?
No my oxygen was 98% even though I was panting. I bet if I wasn't on bisoprolol and perindopril I'd be in a worse state.
In a lot of pain in my pelvis/back today as I had a break in painkillers whilst in a&e. :(

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
No my oxygen was 98% even though I was panting. I bet if I wasn't on bisoprolol and perindopril I'd be in a worse state.
In a lot of pain in my pelvis/back today as I had a break in painkillers whilst in a&e. :(
Vicky have you looked up the side effects of these medications ?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Vicky have you looked up the side effects of these medications ?
I've been on perindopril since 2008. Maybe bisoprolol but cardiologist in november didn't change it and most likely won't. Its a heart tablet/high blood pressure tablet.
I think I have mild heart failure but I'm hoping I'm wrong!
I have mild heart disease if my calcium score 19 is to be read on a website. I might need stents but only done once scans complete. (Senior a&e dr said yesterday) I haven't a date for angiogram yet. Its torture waiting, knowing everytime I go to hospital I have inconclusive heart attack tests and ecgs which aren't without concerns. Ambulance crew said stating myocardial infraction on his ecg meter. Asprin on way to hospital. Maybe asprin taking pain away?

Last edited:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Maybe this bombproof lady is for turning @debrasue lol I'm human but I tough everything out and treat every challenge of my health with attack and none defeat. Always have. I won't change now. I'm my grandmother's granddaughter alright! She was a battleaxe! lol lol lol

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@ickihun - Vicky, have you not been offered/prescribed Aspirin and/or Statins from your GP?
I h ave been taking on Prescription for 15 years the low dose Aspirin 75mg and Statin 20mg daily. There's Heart Disease/Attacks in my Family on the Male side, Dad had a massive Myocardial whilst in a Golf Match and died instantly. And My Older and Younger Brothers both had minor Heart Attacks. (They were warnings I believe).

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@ickihun - Vicky, have you not been offered/prescribed Aspirin and/or Statins from your GP?
I h ave been taking on Prescription for 15 years the low dose Aspirin 75mg and Statin 20mg daily. There's Heart Disease/Attacks in my Family on the Male side, Dad had a massive Myocardial whilst in a Golf Match and died instantly. And My Older and Younger Brothers both had minor Heart Attacks. (They were warnings I believe).
They insisted I call ambulance again if chest pains.
No. No aspirin. Statins bring different problems which my pelvis/ bones could do without. My cholesterol is good. Levels in keeping with good range to prevent heart disease, but here I am. Maybe far higher than 19 if I had bad choloesterol levels?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Asprin has not been advised from hospital nor doctors. Maybe they're waiting for my cardiologist to make a decision but he needs more info first?

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
I haven't clue @debrasue . Its very scary!
I now need to read up on the menopause. lol
I'm going to be very well read by the time I'm finished. E-books love me! lol
You'll have a lot of reading to do Vicky, when I started having hot flushes at the age of 39 I started reading everything I could get my hands on. I'm still reading 5 years on! You can have premature menopause, I know someone who went through it in her 20s although it is relatively rare to go through it that young. It does cause the symptoms you mentioned, although I'm usually quite a calm person I have had palpitations when I've been hormonal. Stress is my biggest trigger, with the amount of stress you've been under recently it's no wonder you're feeling panicky!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
You'll have a lot of reading to do Vicky, when I started having hot flushes at the age of 39 I started reading everything I could get my hands on. I'm still reading 5 years on! You can have premature menopause, I know someone who went through it in her 20s although it is relatively rare to go through it that young. It does cause the symptoms you mentioned, although I'm usually quite a calm person I have had palpitations when I've been hormonal. Stress is my biggest trigger, with the amount of stress you've been under recently it's no wonder you're feeling panicky!
Thanks @Diamum5972 . I'll ride it and read. What other choice have I got?
Is there any herbal remedy for palpatations that you know of @Diamum5972 ?

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been on perindopril since 2008. Maybe bisoprolol but cardiologist in november didn't change it and most likely won't. Its a heart tablet/high blood pressure tablet.
I think I have mild heart failure but I'm hoping I'm wrong!
I have mild heart disease if my calcium score 19 is to be read on a website. I might need stents but only done once scans complete. (Senior a&e dr said yesterday) I haven't a date for angiogram yet. Its torture waiting, knowing everytime I go to hospital I have inconclusive heart attack tests and ecgs which aren't without concerns. Ambulance crew said stating myocardial infraction on his ecg meter. Asprin on way to hospital. Maybe asprin taking pain away?
Hi @ickihun sorry you're not doing too well - it must be a worry for you. My husband is on 7.5 mg of bisoprolol to help his arrhythmia but it has given him asthma which is a well known side effect - have they suggested this for you. On his last cardiologist visit he was prescribed a water pill which seems to be helping his breathlessness.