ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
A very busy day so now in a lot of pain but managing not to sleep off yet.
I'm very optimistic about 2017. 3 good things recently made me a lot less disgruntled. By I was getting very moany. Sorry.
Spring will be along soon. Better temperatures and drier weather opportunites, fingers crossed.
I still aim to start my walking clubs this year. Somehow!
I've been naughty and had a stotty ham sandwich, without peasepudding. Why do you savour it more when you shouldnt have it? I'll work it into my daily carb allowance but spiking now. :(

Reactions: debrasue

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Had my ESA meeting today at local job centre it's only half mile from my house so decided to walk it big mistake took me 45 minutes to get there and nearly hour to get back my legs just don't want to work anymore should have realized this would happen after shopping trip other day
My O.T has measured me for wheelchair but going to take about week before gets here so no more long walks for me this cold weather doesn't help
My fbg was the lowest it's been for a long while this morning finally got back in the 7's
Hugs for all the poorly peeps

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Had my ESA meeting today at local job centre it's only half mile from my house so decided to walk it big mistake took me 45 minutes to get there and nearly hour to get back my legs just don't want to work anymore should have realized this would happen after shopping trip other day
My O.T has measured me for wheelchair but going to take about week before gets here so no more long walks for me this cold weather doesn't help
My fbg was the lowest it's been for a long while this morning finally got back in the 7's
Hugs for all the poorly peeps
Its lovely to see you posting @eldergarth . My regards to @tina_marie . I'm off to bed now so we'll see what tomorrow's fbg will be. I hope worth the wait. Asking for my calcium score from my recent scan from gp tomorrow late afternoon. I don't suppose it will be zero but I wonder how high it is? Fingers crossed its not detrimental.
Hope everyone is enjoying 2017. Regards v

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
A fbg of 3.5 this morning. At last I've found my new working insulin level. It has increased but lu kily my weight hasnt, for now. I can slowly work on reducing insulin again. R-ala at the ready :) low carb foods in place......Go! :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Recieved the result of my calcium score done at my last ct scan. 19.
I'm trying to read what that means.
An angiogram scan is to be booked as a result.
I think it means I have mild heart disease. On reading, this score can be improved by techniques so if I can get below 10 thereafter I'm of a lower risk of heart disease and heart attacks. I guess I will have to see a cardiologist afterall. :(
Mind u. 19 I think is a good result for me. I've had type 2 a long time and heavily overweight with 3 medical conditions. Not being able to swim or walk is against me but I've had good cholesterol most of my life and fight to stay active lately. My physio has a big job on her hands, bless her. I'll make sure she knows I appreciate it. If she gets me out of pain I'd be forever grateful. Fingers crossed.
Struggling to walk, pain and its stress is taking its toll on my heart. I'm just thankful I'm getting help. :) :) :)

Reactions: Liam1955

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good Morning, my good friends on the www.diabetes.co.uk "Type 2 Life" Forum,

I am posting to impart to you all that I am back at Tate South Lambeth Library using the Internet on Personal Computer Number 2. I am on a public computer.

Yesterday, my blood glucose level fell to just 2.7 Millimoles Per Litre, but I stabilized it with a Sainsbury's Basics Sausage and Mash ready meal. My Care Coordinator is concerned that I'm not eating regularly, that is, per se, breakfast, lunch and dinner. When I saw her last I was trembling in her room of the community health team. That's probably because I'm not prioritizing my personal allowance of £70.00 from my Corporate Appointee and am still giving some money away to people in my social network. I am concerned about this. It may be due to immense psychological pathology in my Asperger Syndrome that disillusions me that I have to "buy" friends with money and expensive presents. My Care Coordinator said also that I don't have schizophrenia or any psychotic condition, it's purely an autism spectrum condition and this explains a lot of my vulnerabilities and safeguarding issues. It seems inevitable, also, that I will need ongoing intervention by a financial guardian from adult community services because of these tendencies that I have. I am a very friendly person, it's one thing presenting as kind and friendly online but when it comes to befriending disadvantaged people locally and inviting them to my home for teas and coffees and big meals it can present as a rather serious safeguarding issue that needs SOVA (safeguarding of vulnerable adults affiliation) monitoring and assistance.

This morning my fasting blood glucose was 4.9 Millimoles Per Litre, decreasing to 4.4 Millimoles Per Litre afterwards. I have now had a Sainsbury's Basics Sausage and Mash ready meal, several cups of coffee with Marvel milk powder and granulated sweetener and several glasses of cold tap water.

Have a lovely day, my good friends, and thank you in abundance for always being there for me even if I am unable to communicate with you all from the comfort of my own home.

Much love, in fond friendship.

From

Johnny Baker (@autisticwonder1970)

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good Morning, my lovely friends on the www.diabetes.co.uk "Type 2 Life" Forum,

I am posting to impart to you all that I am logging on to this website from a public personal computer in my local library due to the fact that I haven't received my Argos Acer Chromebook Lap Top Computer yet that my Care Coordinator and Corporate Appointee are arranging for me.

My blood glucose reading was 5.6 Millimoles Per Litre this morning after a light breakfast of 2 slices of Sainsbury's Reduced Salt Yeast Extract on lightly grilled toast with Sainsbury's Basics Soft Spread.

Yesterday I ate a few portions of the same thing but nothing much else.

My walking stick that a very good friend gave to me for my musculoskeletal disorder is a real Godsend to me as I can take all the weight off of my ailing muscles as they rub against my skeleton and put it all on the stick. Some of it is due to balance/coordinational problems in my Asperger Syndrome, too, and I feel a lot safer and haven't had nowhere near as many falls as before with it.

I used my walking stick to walk slowly to my local Sainsbury's where I wrote everything down that I wanted my Carer to buy with exact prices and with a clear indication as to where everything appears in the supermarket as I've memorized by rote where everything is.

Have a lovely day, my lovely friends.

From,

Johnny Baker (@autisticwonder1970), sufferer of Asperger Syndrome, type 2 diabetes mellitus and musculoskeletal disorder.

Reactions: tina_marie

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@ickihun - Vicky, Still swollen, stiff and painful - but no bruising or discoloration yet?
I'm wondering if I should have my left leg removed:D?
Got bad ankle, got bad knee and Sciatica from buttock right the way down to my big toe! I am just a walking nightmare at the moment!!:)
Eh, and in this morning's post received a brochure about CO-OP Funeral Plan = do you think R is telling me something!!!!!!

D

debrasue

Good Morning, my good friends on the www.diabetes.co.uk "Type 2 Life" Forum,

I am posting to impart to you all that I am back at Tate South Lambeth Library using the Internet on Personal Computer Number 2. I am on a public computer.

Yesterday, my blood glucose level fell to just 2.7 Millimoles Per Litre, but I stabilized it with a Sainsbury's Basics Sausage and Mash ready meal. My Care Coordinator is concerned that I'm not eating regularly, that is, per se, breakfast, lunch and dinner. When I saw her last I was trembling in her room of the community health team. That's probably because I'm not prioritizing my personal allowance of £70.00 from my Corporate Appointee and am still giving some money away to people in my social network. I am concerned about this. It may be due to immense psychological pathology in my Asperger Syndrome that disillusions me that I have to "buy" friends with money and expensive presents. My Care Coordinator said also that I don't have schizophrenia or any psychotic condition, it's purely an autism spectrum condition and this explains a lot of my vulnerabilities and safeguarding issues. It seems inevitable, also, that I will need ongoing intervention by a financial guardian from adult community services because of these tendencies that I have. I am a very friendly person, it's one thing presenting as kind and friendly online but when it comes to befriending disadvantaged people locally and inviting them to my home for teas and coffees and big meals it can present as a rather serious safeguarding issue that needs SOVA (safeguarding of vulnerable adults affiliation) monitoring and assistance.

This morning my fasting blood glucose was 4.9 Millimoles Per Litre, decreasing to 4.4 Millimoles Per Litre afterwards. I have now had a Sainsbury's Basics Sausage and Mash ready meal, several cups of coffee with Marvel milk powder and granulated sweetener and several glasses of cold tap water.

Have a lovely day, my good friends, and thank you in abundance for always being there for me even if I am unable to communicate with you all from the comfort of my own home.

Much love, in fond friendship.

From

Johnny Baker (@autisticwonder1970)
It's good to hear from you, Johnny, as always. It's also good to hear that you have a wide circle of friends, but it's important to remember that if you don't take care of yourself first, you're not going to be in a position to help your friends. So it's important to always make sure that you have regular, healthy meals and good food available in your home. Big hugs x

Reactions: tina_marie

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Hello, my good friends, and a very good afternoon to all,

I have been very fortunuate to have been invited by my friends Ioanna and Lee for a lightly fried lamb chop, lightly fried mushrooms, oven chips and baked beans at Ioanna's council flat just round the corner from where I live. I ran out of bread so apart from that delicious meal I have been nibbling on red Leicester cheese and raw onion as well as tomato. I've gone back to sugar in my coffee but that won't last long, it was just a one off. One of the things that the Carer bought for me in Sainsbury's last Thursday out of my pocket money was artificial sweetener tablets.

My blood glucose this afternoon was 6.6 Millimoles Per Litre.

Thank you for your message, my dear friend @debrasue. My Mum and Dad always used to tell me the same thing when I was a little boy in the 1970's and it was greatly incorporated into my upbringing, that is if one cannot help themselves first, they cannot help others. And I am fortunate to have such a wide circle of lovely, supportive friends, I am a very lucky little Aspie!

And blessings to you, too, @ikihun, I am thinking of you as well as @Tinamarie and @eldergarth whose posts and quotes I enjoy reading on this forum. I prayed for you all in my prayers last night and will keep those prayers ongoing. Bless you all in fervent abundance.

Lots of love to you.

From

Johnny Baker.

D

debrasue

Hello, my good friends, and a very good afternoon to all,

I have been very fortunuate to have been invited by my friends Ioanna and Lee for a lightly fried lamb chop, lightly fried mushrooms, oven chips and baked beans at Ioanna's council flat just round the corner from where I live. I ran out of bread so apart from that delicious meal I have been nibbling on red Leicester cheese and raw onion as well as tomato. I've gone back to sugar in my coffee but that won't last long, it was just a one off. One of the things that the Carer bought for me in Sainsbury's last Thursday out of my pocket money was artificial sweetener tablets.

My blood glucose this afternoon was 6.6 Millimoles Per Litre.

Thank you for your message, my dear friend @debrasue. My Mum and Dad always used to tell me the same thing when I was a little boy in the 1970's and it was greatly incorporated into my upbringing, that is if one cannot help themselves first, they cannot help others. And I am fortunate to have such a wide circle of lovely, supportive friends, I am a very lucky little Aspie!

And blessings to you, too, @ikihun, I am thinking of you as well as @Tinamarie and @eldergarth whose posts and quotes I enjoy reading on this forum. I prayed for you all in my prayers last night and will keep those prayers ongoing. Bless you all in fervent abundance.

Lots of love to you.

From

Johnny Baker.
Your Mum and Dad did a good job, Johnny, and I'm glad you enjoyed your lovely meal with Ioanna and Lee! :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Ended up in A&E yesterday. Heart problem regarding chest pains. Very very breathless. I think they think I had a panic attack on top of heart concerns on ecg but cardiologist told senior doctor that I should go home til scans completed. One on 26th then unsure date of angiogram one as yet! My poor partner and family watching me struggle and just having to wait incase I have a heart attack.
Advised to call ambulance if I get chest pains again. As they went in hospital. I think maybe a panic attack but I wasn't stressed yesterday nor have been for ages. Superb Christmas and stress-free.
Other than this waiting for me to have a heart attack carry-on.
Everyone I've seen so far in hospital are just waiting for me to have a severe heart attack. Until then I have to just wait for scans which are coming my way. Scans are useless without help! I'm having chest pains every 4weeks. Junior doctor suggested hormonal? She could be right but I haven't a clue what that means. Anyone?.?.??

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@ickihun - Vicky, I wonder if they could mean the Menopause? :)

Reactions: debrasue

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning @wiseowl_123 - How have you got on with the 2 hour testing, after eating your Porridge? What is the result then?

D

debrasue

Ended up in A&E yesterday. Heart problem regarding chest pains. Very very breathless. I think they think I had a panic attack on top of heart concerns on ecg but cardiologist told senior doctor that I should go home til scans completed. One on 26th then unsure date of angiogram one as yet! My poor partner and family watching me struggle and just having to wait incase I have a heart attack.
Advised to call ambulance if I get chest pains again. As they went in hospital. I think maybe a panic attack but I wasn't stressed yesterday nor have been for ages. Superb Christmas and stress-free.
Other than this waiting for me to have a heart attack carry-on.
Everyone I've seen so far in hospital are just waiting for me to have a severe heart attack. Until then I have to just wait for scans which are coming my way. Scans are useless without help! I'm having chest pains every 4weeks. Junior doctor suggested hormonal? She could be right but I haven't a clue what that means. Anyone?.?.??
I'm sorry to hear this Vicky - sending big hugs xxx