Type 2 Life

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Hi to all my friends on the www.diabetes.co.uk type 2 life forum and a very good morning to you all,

I am posting to let you know that I had a good night's sleep and am back at the library now, 9:19 ante meridian on Saturday 11th February 2017 Anno Domini and I'm logging on on PC No 2 near to the main entrance. The library opens at 9:00 ante meridian on Saturdays and closes at 5:00 post meridian on the same day.

My before breakfast fasting blood glucose today was very good at 5.4 millimoles per litre and then I ate 1 bowl of porridge with 1 small cup of porridge oats, 1/2 small cup of lacto-free semi-skimmed milk and 1/2 small cup of water. My after breakfast blood glucose reading, a little while after eating, was, surprisingly enough a very adequate 6.4 millimoles per litre. I ate rather a lot yesterday so I'm trying to adhere to my elderly Dad's advice to eat at set meal times and little, but often.

I'm going to visit my 2 friends, my friend Gary who has depression and anxiety and his elderly Mother called Lily to collect my birthday gift and birthday cards from them as I shall be turning 47 years of age tomorrow, Sunday 12th February 2017 Anno Domini after coming into the world on that date in the wonderful year of 1970.

I am also, at 2:25 post meridian, this afternoon, being mindful of my 4th day abstinent from cigarettes and have taken my pledge not to smoke on the www.quitnet.com website.

It's so nice to hear that you're on the mend, my dear friend, @debrasue. It's good to allow yourself plenty of rest and chill-out time and I shall continue to pray for zero stress in your life as I consistently do for a lot of people on www.diabetes.co.uk including the moderators.

Have a lovely day, my friends. The library's closed tomorrow so I'll next check in here on Monday at 1:00 post meridian when it is open again.

Love from,

Johnny Baker.

D

debrasue

Hi to all my friends on the www.diabetes.co.uk type 2 life forum and a very good morning to you all,

I am posting to let you know that I had a good night's sleep and am back at the library now, 9:19 ante meridian on Saturday 11th February 2017 Anno Domini and I'm logging on on PC No 2 near to the main entrance. The library opens at 9:00 ante meridian on Saturdays and closes at 5:00 post meridian on the same day.

My before breakfast fasting blood glucose today was very good at 5.4 millimoles per litre and then I ate 1 bowl of porridge with 1 small cup of porridge oats, 1/2 small cup of lacto-free semi-skimmed milk and 1/2 small cup of water. My after breakfast blood glucose reading, a little while after eating, was, surprisingly enough a very adequate 6.4 millimoles per litre. I ate rather a lot yesterday so I'm trying to adhere to my elderly Dad's advice to eat at set meal times and little, but often.

I'm going to visit my 2 friends, my friend Gary who has depression and anxiety and his elderly Mother called Lily to collect my birthday gift and birthday cards from them as I shall be turning 47 years of age tomorrow, Sunday 12th February 2017 Anno Domini after coming into the world on that date in the wonderful year of 1970.

I am also, at 2:25 post meridian, this afternoon, being mindful of my 4th day abstinent from cigarettes and have taken my pledge not to smoke on the www.quitnet.com website.

It's so nice to hear that you're on the mend, my dear friend, @debrasue. It's good to allow yourself plenty of rest and chill-out time and I shall continue to pray for zero stress in your life as I consistently do for a lot of people on www.diabetes.co.uk including the moderators.

Have a lovely day, my friends. The library's closed tomorrow so I'll next check in here on Monday at 1:00 post meridian when it is open again.

Love from,

Johnny Baker.
Thanks for your good wishes, Johnny and well done on your 4th day of abstinence from cigarettes! I hope you have a wonderful birthday tomorrow.
happy-birthday-for-boys-afdjz7eg.jpg

Rose88

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi @Rose88 :) - I am using Humulin i. I have reduced it so far by 10 units in a period of 12 days. GP put me back on the Dapagliflozin after it got stopped for 10 months and he said to reduce the Insulin by 2 units every few days. I attempted to send you private message - but no luck.
Just to say that I brought our chatter over to this thread, because from time to time the Moderators remind us that the Fasting Threads are to be kept to posting our fasting results and chat related to fastings.
Oops sorry I didn't realise we could send private messages too, perhaps I need to do something to enable it ... I'll have a look :)

Reactions: Liam1955

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Back from an exhilarating walk along the beach at Leven, jet skiers were battling the huge breakers between the snow flurries. I'm slightly breathless and pink cheeked but the exercise keeps the BG levels down. Collecting no 3 son and bringing him home for dinner then off to play Badminton doubles with hubby, son and one of son's carers afterwards. I'll sleep well tonight. What has everyone else been up to in their type two life today?

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Hello @Rose88 That's good you found it of interest :). @Granny_grump_ Well Done on getting the icon sorted :).
You will have found that everybody is willing to help and support each other on here. Just ask no matter how daft you might think a question is.
In reply to your post on your family history of diabetes much the same here grandson and sister type1 me and hubby type2 I also think I had diabetes well before they diagnosed it, up 3/4 times in night toilet,extreme fatigue,forgetfulness numerous chest infections etc. Then no help what so ever from NHS then a few years later advised to eat carbs,is it any wonder we are has uncontrolled has we are and for so many years,and nothing has changed same info.today for new diabetics.
And whilst I'm on this band wagon do they realise or are they not bothered that they deny us a BG meter to try and keep us at correct readings my husband just been diagnosed cannot have a meter he was told yesterday because he's diet controlle,new NHS rules.its like shutting the stable door when horse has bolted.And who's to blame not them us for being diabetic
.What a Joke.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Walked to local shop with 9yr old. Very very stiff and uncomfortable but have far less pain. Breathlessness still obvious. Mores the pity.
I was hoping breathlessness was related to pain.
Having spirometry and reversability test on monday afternoon. Seeing dn on wednesday and physio on thursday. A busy week with calls expected for 2 appointments which could change my life.
I wonder if I am asthmatic? COPD off what? Its a mystery. I wonder if nurse can tell me what's what on monday.

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Back from an exhilarating walk along the beach at Leven, jet skiers were battling the huge breakers between the snow flurries. I'm slightly breathless and pink cheeked but the exercise keeps the BG levels down. Collecting no 3 son and bringing him home for dinner then off to play Badminton doubles with hubby, son and one of son's carers afterwards. I'll sleep well tonight. What has everyone else been up to in their type two life today?
Not a lot today Anne in to much pain since last night went to get up from sofa and there was an almighty crack came from my lower spine .
Pain relief not helping much may have trapped a nerve or something .
Remember Anne this is a family forum so less talk about pink cheeks please

D

debrasue

Wow! Anna you put us to shame!

I've just been working today, but I was delighted to see catkins in the hedge as well as primroses and snowdrops blooming in the garden this week, and the daffodils close behind, giving a promise of Spring not being far away. I'm looking forward to seeing the TTs next week, too - I've really missed them this week.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Not a lot today Anne in to much pain since last night went to get up from sofa and there was an almighty crack came from my lower spine .
Pain relief not helping much may have trapped a nerve or something .
Remember Anne this is a family forum so less talk about pink cheeks please

:D:D:D:D:D = like it Ron.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!

Love from,

Johnny Baker.
Happy Birthday to you hope you have a lovely day

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Well no pain in rest this morning. So no tramadol yet. I took it a 1am instead of 10pm. Very wary of going close to 8 tablets in 24hrs. I'd prefer 6 in 24hrs then if an attack I have2 to play with. Is that ok @Liam1955 ?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Have lergies today. It threatened yesterday but head cold and congestion in full. :(