Type 2 Life

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
6.9 this morning - smug mode engaged (sorry I'm a Red Dwarf fan!)

Reactions: 9 people

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 this morning which is higher than I like but then I'm away so not in a routine for eating. I'm just trying to be sensible with food but eating far more "normally" than I would at home. As my husband pointed out I didn't see how much honey sauce my daughter had poured over the ham last night. I just thought it tasted good.

Reactions: 8 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning Folks

Morning reading today was 5.8, bit higher than i like, but I had to remind myself I am aiming to keep my levels between 6 and 7.8.

Never had a Hypo ( I don't think so anyway) but I do know I feel rough if it goes below about 4.5.

My main concern though is not to exceed that 7.8 level, and I feel the lower I am in the morning the more chance I have of maintaining that goal and hence give myself more chance of recovering from my neuropathy issues.

Still taking half my prescribed Metformin dose, along with LCHF approach and a few supplements, which does seem to be working so am I fretting a bit too much???

Reactions: 11 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 am
an hour earlier than recent and an hour later than normal work routine and value inbetween...
Bloods taken this morning and it hurts like hell.... which is unusual.... Nurse I think went digging...
It's wet and miserable round here... but that's the worst of it.... some other places are not having it so good... and DC is going to do something to, in his words "help"!!!
All the best to all here.

Reactions: 11 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning 5.1 this morning after a terrible 12.1:eek: last night a couple of extra units of insulin helped. Had the steriods munches all day was really naughty:rolleyes: . Must try harder today. Happy and healthy new year to everyone

Reactions: 5 people

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.6 first thing then 6.7 before breakfast. Haven't been above 7 for a long time not even after Christmas Lunch. Think shoulder pain during the night might be one reason. Still trying to understand.

Reactions: 3 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.6 first thing then 6.7 before breakfast. Haven't been above 7 for a long time not even after Christmas Lunch. Think shoulder pain during the night might be one reason. Still trying to understand.

hmmm... my numbers have been up a bit and there has been shoulder pain... now in left... having just got over frozen in right...
it's not good!
Hope yours improves.
Hj

Reactions: 6 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 am
more like it... and after meatballs and some twice cooked pasta and some red wine last night...
Off shopping in da rain.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Has everyone decided to post fbg values on this thread now?

Reactions: 3 people

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Has everyone decided to post fbg values on this thread now?

This thread we can reply to so I am much happier here. There are so many factors that affect blood sugar levels and when mine go up I often don't know why. Here we can help and support each other.
My fasting reading was 6.4 this morning but again I woke with pain and I think that is the most likely reason for a higher reading.

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks lizanne and hitsme so do I cause its getting annoying. Just getting ready then going to pick prescription up at least the chemist is only across the road

Reactions: 5 people