Type 2 Life

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Well first day of the new year and Ron has had muscle spasms in his sleep . They were so bad they made the bed shake.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
happy new year, my friends. i liked new year's eve last night and the fireworks were beautiful on telly along the river thames. today, i cooked for myself 4 pork shoulder steaks, roast potatoes and boiled cauli and brockers. i love you all very much and think about you a lot.

D

debrasue

Much love to Debra too! Seasons Greetings, Hun!:):cat::cat::greedy::rolleyes: xxxxxxxx.
Hi, Johnny!
I hope you had a lovely Christmas and a very happy New Year to you, too.
I’m sorry I haven’t been around much lately; I’ve been in hospital having an operation a few weeks ago and it’s all been a bit challenging. I’m ok now but I will have to be in a wheel chair for a couple of months until I’m fully recovered.
I hope you’re well - and well done on your diabetes control and quitting smoking. You’re doing brilliantly!
Much love
Debra x

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi, Johnny!
I’m sorry I haven’t been around much lately; I’ve been in hospital having an operation a few weeks ago and it’s all been a bit challenging. I’m ok now but I will have to be in a wheel chair for a couple of months until I’m fully recovered.
I hope you’re well - and well done on your diabetes control and quitting smoking. You’re doing brilliantly!
Much love
Debra x
Get well soon @debrasue .
You're a star! ☺

Reactions: debrasue

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Well first day of the new year and Ron has had muscle spasms in his sleep . They were so bad they made the bed shake.
Oh no. Is he due back on tramadol yet? I find they relax my muscle tention as well as my pain. Poor fella.

Happy New Year to you both. Hoping to be back on-line fully today but still kiddies attention permitting. Humf!
The more gadgets the more they want me to help them download. Obviously I need to supervise them in their ventures. Silly me, why did I bother. Was hoping for more time to myself, not less. Ha ha

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Well a naughty but great Christmas here. Surely has made up for some terrible ones.

Soooo much to look forward to. Hopefully my op and fingers crossed bulging discs settle down themselves. You never know!
Whatever happens I won't be jumping into heavy exercise too soon again, that's for sure. Slow and steady is my new engine speed. Betablockers make sure of that.

2018 antics I'm ready for you. Haha

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Hi, Johnny!
Much love
Debra x
Oh no! I'm going to enhance my prayers for you, Debra, my lovely friend! I didn't know you were having an operation. I'm going to pray 4 times a day for you. I feel our good Lord is moving me to do that. Get well soon, Debra, my dear, sweet friend. :(:arghh::arghh::( love from johnny, your aspie friend and sufferer of type 2 diabetes xxxxxxxx.

Reactions: debrasue
D

debrasue

Oh no! I'm going to enhance my prayers for you, Debra, my lovely friend! I didn't know you were having an operation. I'm going to pray 4 times a day for you. I feel our good Lord is moving me to do that. Get well soon, Debra, my dear, sweet friend. :(:arghh::arghh::( love from johnny, your aspie friend and sufferer of type 2 diabetes xxxxxxxx.
Thanks, Johnny - I'm feeling better already!! :)

Reactions: 13lizanne

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Good morning all and a happy new year . Nice to hear from you @debrasue sending hugs for a speedy recovery. Ron is back at pain clinic next Monday , I do hope the nurse puts him back on tramadol @ickihun he seems to be better on it . He takes 50mgs of Amatryptyline at night to stop the spasms . The spasms are caused by the pain he's in and over the Christmas period he's been getting alot of pain in his hips . Still no follow up appointment from dermatology nor have we hear from Derby about his referral to them. So fingers crossed he won't be waiting much longer . The rash he has has spread and it becomes very itchy .

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Well a naughty but great Christmas here. Surely has made up for some terrible ones.

Soooo much to look forward to. Hopefully my op and fingers crossed bulging discs settle down themselves. You never know!
Whatever happens I won't be jumping into heavy exercise too soon again, that's for sure. Slow and steady is my new engine speed. Betablockers make sure of that.

2018 antics I'm ready for you. Haha
Good Morning, Vicky (@ickihun), Praying for you from this moment forwards for your bariatric surgery appointment at the hospital this month. I really hope it goes well for you. You deserve a very good quota of health as I think you're a lovely little lady. Happy New Year, my friend. xxxx :):):cat::cat::rolleyes::):):):):):)

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good morning all and a happy new year . Nice to hear from you @debrasue sending hugs for a speedy recovery. Ron is back at pain clinic next Monday , I do hope the nurse puts him back on tramadol @ickihun he seems to be better on it . He takes 50mgs of Amatryptyline at night to stop the spasms . The spasms are caused by the pain he's in and over the Christmas period he's been getting alot of pain in his hips . Still no follow up appointment from dermatology nor have we hear from Derby about his referral to them. So fingers crossed he won't be waiting much longer . The rash he has has spread and it becomes very itchy .
Lots of love and good, abundant prayer to @eldergarth and your lovely self @tina_marie. Happy new year to you both from my heart. xXx.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Thanks, Johnny - I'm feeling better already!! :)
God is so good at answering our prayers, Debra, it's up in Heaven and loves all of us people on Earth. Much love to you in Jesus, @debrasue. xXx. :):):):):cat::cat::cat::cat:

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I'm now 40 Days Quit from smoking roll-ups, thanks to the South Lambeth Road Practice healthcare assistant and the 1.5 hourly NRT mouth spray and the 2.5 hourly NRT lozenges. The healthcare assistant is in the process of slowly weaning me off the NRT, too as part of my smoking cessation treatment. http://www.quitnet.com is also an awesome support, too and drinking water and decaff coffee.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good evening, my friends,

So far i've eaten 2 braised steak and mash meals, 2 melted cheese sandwiches and drunk about 10 mugs of decaff coffee each with 3 sugars and coffee mate light. my blood glucose was, in spite of pigging out on all that food, was a very brill, awesome 5.7. my carer went shopping for me today. i've been overdoing the nicorette mouth spray today, too. my next mouth spray, not 3 sprays but one, is at seven fifteen bearing in mind it's five forty five now, so that's 1.5 hours later.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good Morning, my friends,

I woke up at around quarter to three and watched Hannah Montana on the Disney Channel and demolished a bangers and mash ready meal and had 5 cups of decaff coffee with coffee mate light and 3 sugars each and my blood glucose level was a staggering 11.5. I'm 41 days quit from smoking at quarter to one this afternoon today.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Good Morning, my friends,

I woke up at around quarter to three and watched Hannah Montana on the Disney Channel and demolished a bangers and mash ready meal and had 5 cups of decaff coffee with coffee mate light and 3 sugars each and my blood glucose level was a staggering 11.5. I'm 41 days quit from smoking at quarter to one this afternoon today.
I bet your shattered now?
Next time nibble on some cheese like a mouse til satisfied Johnny. I bet your tummy is heavy this morning. I hope you're not fighting high bgs all day now?

Reactions: 13lizanne

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Taking 4yr old to Morrison's later. He was awake 19hrs yesterday with no break. I don't know where his energy comes from.
I just cannot wear him out. The more he does the longer he's awake. No alarm for school and breakfast routine much later.
Roll on Monday (back to school).

I blame Fr Christmas for all the toys and gadgets. Older brother having later nighttime when off school isn't helping little one. He thinks he's the same age. When it suits him.
Older brother still carrying him around for fun. They are monkeys! Ha ha