Type 2 Life

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good Morning, my lovely friends on Type 2 Life of the http://www.diabetes.co.uk Forum,

I'm so sorry I haven't logged on of late. My Computer is still in the Computer Repair Shop in Wandsworth Road, Stockwell, but my Carer should be picking it up today. I'm now using my friend with a Mental Health Disability/Learning Disability Gary Allen's LapTop.

I celebrated my 48th Birthday yesterday, and received a wide array of Birthday Gifts and Birthday Cards, as well as an abundance of greetings and well wishes on http://www.facebook.com.

I'm now 82 Days Quit from smoking hand-rolled cigarettes (Roll-Ups) and am still using Nicorette QuickMist 1 Mg Mouth Sprays.

My Diabetes has been a bit up and down recently due to poor dietary control in my sensory sensitivity in my Asperger Syndrome. One of my blood glucose readings last week was a staggeringly alarming 19.6 mmol/L but my Lixisenatide and Metformin Hydrochloride plus hydration with tap water brought it down.

Much love to you, and prayers for @ickihun, @debrasue, @13lizanne, @eldergarth, @tina_marie and @walnut_face with hugs and love from Stockwell, South West London.

From

@JohnnyBaker12021970, a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome and Adult ADHD xXx.

Reactions: heh
D

debrasue

Good Morning, my lovely friends on Type 2 Life of the http://www.diabetes.co.uk Forum,

I'm so sorry I haven't logged on of late. My Computer is still in the Computer Repair Shop in Wandsworth Road, Stockwell, but my Carer should be picking it up today. I'm now using my friend with a Mental Health Disability/Learning Disability Gary Allen's LapTop.

I celebrated my 48th Birthday yesterday, and received a wide array of Birthday Gifts and Birthday Cards, as well as an abundance of greetings and well wishes on http://www.facebook.com.

I'm now 82 Days Quit from smoking hand-rolled cigarettes (Roll-Ups) and am still using Nicorette QuickMist 1 Mg Mouth Sprays.

My Diabetes has been a bit up and down recently due to poor dietary control in my sensory sensitivity in my Asperger Syndrome. One of my blood glucose readings last week was a staggeringly alarming 19.6 mmol/L but my Lixisenatide and Metformin Hydrochloride plus hydration with tap water brought it down.

Much love to you, and prayers for @ickihun, @debrasue, @13lizanne, @eldergarth, @tina_marie and @walnut_face with hugs and love from Stockwell, South West London.

From

@JohnnyBaker12021970, a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome and Adult ADHD xXx.
Hi, Johnny - thank you for the prayers!
Well done on giving up smoking - you are doing brilliantly and I am very proud of you (as I am sure are all your friends).
I hope you had a wonderful birthday yesterday. Many happy returns x

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Hope you had a wonderful birthday Johnny, thank you for keeping us in your prayers . X

Reactions: debrasue

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Hello everyone how are you all? Thinking of you all with much love x

Reactions: debrasue

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I celebrated my 48th Birthday yesterday
download.png

Well done with the non-smoking - keep it up

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
We had our pancakes. Heard one of my ex-employers was giving them away with chocolate sauce, for free this morning. Southeastern trains. Mind my other employers used to be very generous too.
I occasionally miss working for a company but not sure i will again. Most likely be self-employed or might see if I can help the nhs somehow. I appreciate them so much. Had blip at my gp practice but looking resolved. I just cannot feel I dont want to go when i need too.
Have 30min appointment with nurse next week. Asthma, diabetes and blood pressure review. Im bound to be weighed. Again.
Im not losing at the moment so god help me i will be nagged again. At dieticians tomorrow too. I've I just restarted back on full Metformin for about the 4th time in recent months. So they won't really understand why no loss. I'll try but the young dieticians just look at me.
Humf! I'm glad they don't really know how difficult it is.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good Morning, my lovely, kind friends on the Type 2 Life thread of the http://www.diabetes.co.uk Forum on Friday 16th February 2018 Anno Domini at 7:27 Ante Meridian Greenwich Mean Time, with my best wishes and sincere kind regards,

I'm posting to inform you all with love that I'm an awesome 85 days quit from smoking tobacco, today that will be at 12:45 Post Meridian Greenwich Mean Time.

I haven't eaten anything yet and my fasting type 2 diabetes mellitus blood glucose reading is 7.9 millimoles per litre bearing in mind I have ingested a smoked glass mug of decaffeinated instant coffee with full cream milk and 3 teaspoonfuls of Canderel artificial granulated sweetener.

It's really good news about your dietitian, @ickihun, and I was happy to see your new avatar! Is that you in the picture with your son who is being assessed for autism? I pray you have a wonderfully happy, peaceful and stress-free day, @ickihun, and that you can be healed from all your ailments.

Much love to all my special friends from @JohnnyBaker12021970, a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome and insulin-resistant type 2 diabetes mellitus xXx.

Reactions: 13lizanne and heh

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning Johnny

You're doing really well with the non-smoking :).
Have a good day.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Maybe I should retrain as a counsellor after all. I'll think about it.. I think food is where I have more experience but bit put off any new job thinking about food all day.

Bariatric team could do with their own life coaches thou instead of needing to use new NHS mental health ones.
;)

Reactions: heh

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe I should retrain as a counsellor after all. I'll think about it.. I think food is where I have more experience but bit put off any new job thinking about food all day.

Bariatric team could do with their own life coaches thou instead of needing to use new NHS mental health ones.
;)

There are people who do it.

If you read twosleevers.com , she and her husband had gastric sleeve surgery and lost a lot of weight. Her business is as a cook, food blogger, and author. The food is fabulous, and generally low carb.

She isn't diabetic, so not all of her recipes are T2 friendly, but the majority are good.

Reactions: 13lizanne

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Hi, Anna - how are you keeping? I miss you....! xx
Hello lovely Debra, been poorly with two bouts of pleurisy firstly in Dec last year and second bout is current though I'm on the mend. Life has been very busy and I've been enjoying life .Needed to slow down a bit. How is your recuperation coming along Debra, Ive missed our chats. Must fix that .xx

Reactions: ickihun