Type 2 Life

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Ron's had a sick day. He got up this morning feeling sick , hot and cold plus the runs . He's slept most of the day. He's still feels achy and hot and cold .

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ron's had a sick day. He got up this morning feeling sick , hot and cold plus the runs . He's slept most of the day. He's still feels achy and hot and cold .
Hope he feels better today.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Hi @JohnnyBaker12021970. Just seeing off 11yr old to a hot tub party. We've been busy wrapping birthday boy's gift and making a card and filling one too. I had a lie-in which is always appreciated.
Now home with Mr ickihun and 5yr old with no children squabbling. Lovely!! !!!
I love hot tubs, although I've never been in one, but I've seen them on the Disney Channel, lovely, and bubbly and warm, the bubbles generated by the moving water, not by liquid. I hope and pray your little one enjoys his hot tub party and that the birthday boy really enjoys his prezzy with the pretty, shiny paper and the suspense of opening it. I love Birthdays!

Reactions: heh

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
I had 2 chip butties earlier on today made out of some oven chips that I heated in my 700-watt-capacity microwave oven and 4 slices of Hovis white bread and some butter. Max is cooking some roasted lamb shoulder, roasted potatoes and cabbage, carrots and gravy tonight. Earlier on he was pressurising me over my inability to interact due to my Asperger Syndrome and I had a meltdown and punched myself in the face so hard I broke the arm off my glasses. Now I can't see very clearly without my glasses and I have to keep holding them on to my face or else I can't see to read or use my computer.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I think my care coordinator and carers and dad are worried about me sharing all my week's food with max. My fridge and cupboards are almost bare.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I had 2 chip butties earlier on today made out of some oven chips that I heated in my 700-watt-capacity microwave oven and 4 slices of Hovis white bread and some butter. Max is cooking some roasted lamb shoulder, roasted potatoes and cabbage, carrots and gravy tonight. Earlier on he was pressurising me over my inability to interact due to my Asperger Syndrome and I had a meltdown and punched myself in the face so hard I broke the arm off my glasses. Now I can't see very clearly without my glasses and I have to keep holding them on to my face or else I can't see to read or use my computer.
Excuse me Mr Johnny. Don't ever do that again. No more punching yourself.
Buy yourself some stress balls and really squeeze the life out of them.
Don't hit your beautiful face nor body. Jesus definitely wouldn't like that.
No more. Do you hear me? Don't ever do that again.
Promise?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Autistic little one tried that and he knows it's not acceptable. He has his mam, dad and brother saying same thing so.... I think its worked. Hopefully.
His flapping hands is worse thou.
Less routine when he's not at school.

Hope all others are happy and not frustrated. With this heat. ;)

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Excuse me Mr Johnny. Don't ever do that again. No more punching yourself.
Buy yourself some stress balls and really squeeze the life out of them.
Don't hit your beautiful face nor body. Jesus definitely wouldn't like that.
No more. Do you hear me? Don't ever do that again.
Promise?
Okay, @ickihun, my lovely friend. I haven't eaten very much today, due to all my food being eaten by Max and I over the past week. I enjoy his company when he's alcohol-free but not when he's blind drunk. I hope I get a place in my 24-hour care supported community living.

With regards to my diabetes, my blood glucose reading now is 9.6.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I flap my hands when I'm feeling uncomfortable, and sometimes twitch my wrists when being criticised. I used to do it a lot when I was younger. It's a common autistic/Asperger's symptom.

Today, I washed all my dishes all by myself and administered my Lixisenatide injection and morning medication all by myself. I also ate, this morning, a delicious plate of Max's spaghetti with tomato, garlic and onion sauce.

My blood glucose, now at, 10:15 antemeridian British Summer Time, was a bit high standing at 14.8 probably from the excessive devil carbs in the spaghetti which wasn't wholegrain spelt spaghetti which is low carb which is what Debra Sue used to advise me to incorporate into my daily diotary repertoire.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi Everyone i have never been in here before so thought i would drop by and see what it's all about.
We just post whatever is going on in our lives and support others.
Never alone on here even thou it takes a few days to get a reply if some members are busy.
Everyone is welcome.
Forum rules apply here too.
A safe place to share our ins and outs of type2 life. Not much discussion or asking questions as there are threads/section already for that, health wise.
Here is.... all other parts of our type2 life. :)

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I took my tablets and Lixisenatide injection all by myself this morning and in the middle of the night I ate a finely sliced tomato sandwich with salt and black pepper. My blood glucose reading after my six o'clock medication at 6:19 Ante Meridian British Summer Time was 12.2.

@JohnnyBaker12021970, a sufferer of moderate to severe Asperger Syndrome, Adult ADHD, Insulin-Resistent Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Chronic Urinary Retention with Overflow Urge Incontinence, Musculoskeletal Disorder, Enlarged Prostate Gland and essential hypertension, pure hypercholestertolaemia and idiopathic megarectum.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I'm now 5 whole days quit from my tobacco misuse addiction and habituation and am still using nicotine replacement therapy mouth sprays. My blood glucose reading was 8.9.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
My blood glucose reading at 8:23 Ante Meridian British Summer Time on Wednesday 8th August 2018 Anno Domini is 6.8 Millimoles Per Litre.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I took my tablets and Lixisenatide injection all by myself this morning and in the middle of the night I ate a finely sliced tomato sandwich with salt and black pepper. My blood glucose reading after my six o'clock medication at 6:19 Ante Meridian British Summer Time was 12.2.

@JohnnyBaker12021970, a sufferer of moderate to severe Asperger Syndrome, Adult ADHD, Insulin-Resistent Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Chronic Urinary Retention with Overflow Urge Incontinence, Musculoskeletal Disorder, Enlarged Prostate Gland and essential hypertension, pure hypercholestertolaemia and idiopathic megarectum.
These high bgs are giving you carb cravings Johnny.
Munch on cheese or thin ham in the night if hungry hun. I eat almonds which are in a packet in the baking Isle in supermarkets. I love roast chicken thighs which I shred or pull to have as finger food.
To be honest 3 meals and no snacks normally win it for me. Then I drop almonds and cheese to lose weight.

Can you do any of your outdoors shopping Johnny? Or carers and on-line reliant only?

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I took my morning tablets and Lixisenatide injection all by myself this morning and enjoyed a smoked-glass mug of caffeinated instant coffee with milk, Coffeemate Light and 4 Sweetener tablets. My fasting blood glucose reading was 11.2. Yesterday, all I ate was some very salty, lightly smoked cooking bacon, 3 bowls of Cornflakes with semi-skimmed milk, and I don't think I ate much else.

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
I took my morning tablets and Lixisenatide injection all by myself this morning and enjoyed a smoked-glass mug of caffeinated instant coffee with milk, Coffeemate Light and 4 Sweetener tablets. My fasting blood glucose reading was 11.2. Yesterday, all I ate was some very salty, lightly smoked cooking bacon, 3 bowls of Cornflakes with semi-skimmed milk, and I don't think I ate much else.
3 bowls of corn flakes ?

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Morning all

@JohnnyBaker12021970 Have you heard about your assisted living accommodation yet?
No, @heh, my care coordinator is trying to find me a nice supported housing complex and one that doesn't have rough people in it, as some of the supported housing are like in the borough of Lambeth. My care coordinator doesn't want me to get taken advantage of in my new accommodation which I'm susceptible to with my moderate to severe Asperger Syndrome.