Type 2 Life

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Hope everyone is having a great Bank Holiday weekend. :)
Despite the weather its not been to bad . Ron and me had a lay in . Yes that's right @ickihun Ron had a lay in.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm starting to get anxious about the endoscopy precedure on Wednesday. I've decided to take the whole family for distraction for before and afterwards. They are going for a late breakfast in the hospital restaurant. Lucky them.
I'm going to re read their instructions for me. I stopped lansoprozol as instructed nearly 2wks ago. Eating gaviscon liquid like water to keep acid from burning my gullit. I've woke twice on various nights with reflux in my mouth. I fear I will choke in my sleep. :(

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
I'm starting to get anxious about the endoscopy precedure on Wednesday. I've decided to take the whole family for distraction for before and afterwards. They are going for a late breakfast in the hospital restaurant. Lucky them.
I'm going to re read their instructions for me. I stopped lansoprozol as instructed nearly 2wks ago. Eating gaviscon liquid like water to keep acid from burning my gullit. I've woke twice on various nights with reflux in my mouth. I fear I will choke in my sleep. :(
No you won't , try some breathing exercises . Relax your arms and legs, close your eyes . Now breath in through the nose and out through the mouth. Ron says he can't do this as his lungs hurt.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
No you won't , try some breathing exercises . Relax your arms and legs, close your eyes . Now breath in through the nose and out through the mouth. Ron says he can't do this as his lungs hurt.
I know how he feels some days. Without painkillers those spasms take my breath away too.
My next MSK appointment is on a Saturday morning. He'll see me without all the painkillers. I'm far less jerky once I'm painkillered all up. Ha ha

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Ickihun - Whilst I appreciated your children will serve as a distraction for you, do you maybe not feel your anxiety abou the process might lead them to be unsettled and anxious too?

Children can be amazing at picking up vibes.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
My blood glucose reading this morning was 9.6. That was after medication. I've been eating chicken and vegetable soup that I cooked from scratch yesterday evening, which included diced potatoes in their skins, and I regrettably ate the whole massive pot.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
My blood glucose reading this morning was 9.6. That was after medication. I've been eating chicken and vegetable soup that I cooked from scratch yesterday evening, which included diced potatoes in their skins, and I regrettably ate the whole massive pot.
Johnny!

It must be tough for you.
Next time keep the freezer containers and bags a bit nearer your kitchen bench. It may flow easier in those than your tummy. Ha ha.
It must have tasted heavenly?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Ickihun - Whilst I appreciated your children will serve as a distraction for you, do you maybe not feel your anxiety abou the process might lead them to be unsettled and anxious too?

Children can be amazing at picking up vibes.
Not mine.
They are very happy at the moment. Older one is apprehensive about joining big school but we've watched a few ops together now and talked it all through. He's asked questions and I've told him what I know but in a mature fashion he has said he will be involved as much as I want him to be. He's very intelligent and knows when his mam knows if she feels threatened by ill health and when she doesn't. He trusts my judgement. He will react to me. He sees me in pain all day, everyday. He's looking forward to his mam feeling much better and fitter.
Autistic 5yr old is more interested in aeroplanes with spinney things on them. I explain if I'm ever upset in baby language.

The kids are looking forward to a less pain-filled mum. :) oh and less medication!

All supporting me today, as a family. 1 for all, all for 1. Ha ha

We all have separate support needs in our house. We support each other.
Like it should be.

Even my none interested mum gave her support yesterday so she is starting to get the concept too. She has been disillusioned by my 2 sisters and is just realising I'm not like them.
(That's what living away does; gives false impressions.) If you're not careful.

We are all ready for mammy's new digestive system. Ha ha
Even thou it's just my endoscopy today.

Ps. Family aren't allowed in for procedure. I'm dropped off by taxi only and await to be picked up by them later. No childminders for free, these days.

Last edited:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
No insulin before this endoscopy. Another day of inconsistent bgs, I bet.
Picking up a fat sandwich early this morning, of which I can drop the bread from, if I can manage to swollow after precedure.

Anyone had one of these procedures? I'm hoping no sedative so we can go off out afterwards. Since I'm asthmatic I've heard they may not sedate? Also I'm on betablockers already to keep fast heart rate down. So more may interfer?

I'm sure I'm in safe hands. These surgeons are the best. They have to be when touching our innerds. Ha ha

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My only further comment on the watching/being there aspect is, watching a film, documentary or even a live op is one thing. It's quite different when it's someone near and dear.

In my way, way back, professional life I saw countless invasive procedures, and carried out countless myself, so blood, guts and all that goes with it were very much my stock in trade. When I had an "iffy" mole removed from my lower calf, the surgeon questioned the wisdom of my watching over the scrubs. I was fine until the scalpel drew my blood, from my leg, and it started to trickle towards the operating table.

The surgeon laughed quite loudly when I asked if he could pause whilst I lay down.

As I say, it's not quite the same when a process comes to one's own planet, but I'm sure you'll do what you feel is best.

I wish you well for today, @ickihun .

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
prayers to god the father and his only begotten son jesus christ on high for you, @ickihun, my lovely friend, for a straightforward, safe and successful medical procedure. may jesus be with you the whole time, holding your little hand and upholding you in his loving arms. my prayer candle will be burning for you all day long. much love to you, mr.ickihun and your two lovely children.

lots of love, dear @ickihun,

from @JohnnyBaker12021970, a sufferer of moderate to severe asperger syndrome, adult adhd and dyscalculia xXx.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Looks like Ron may of had a M.E. relapse these past two days . He has been to bed both afternoons , only getting up for his tea and then going back to bed . Tonight he has snuck into bed whilst my back was turned . I know he's tired but his therapist has told him not to have afternoon naps . So what should I do , go in and drag him out of bed or should I just leave him? I have had to get him up both afternoons, and today he wanted to stay in bed but I told him he had to shift as I wasn't leaving the room until he was up.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
My only further comment on the watching/being there aspect is, watching a film, documentary or even a live op is one thing. It's quite different when it's someone near and dear.

In my way, way back, professional life I saw countless invasive procedures, and carried out countless myself, so blood, guts and all that goes with it were very much my stock in trade. When I had an "iffy" mole removed from my lower calf, the surgeon questioned the wisdom of my watching over the scrubs. I was fine until the scalpel drew my blood, from my leg, and it started to trickle towards the operating table.

The surgeon laughed quite loudly when I asked if he could pause whilst I lay down.

As I say, it's not quite the same when a process comes to one's own planet, but I'm sure you'll do what you feel is best.

I wish you well for today, @ickihun .
All went exceptionally well. Had sedation due to anxiety.
Nurses and prep team were fantastic. An exceptional team there.
Surgeon wants 3kgs off before I get an op date. I lost 2kgs but had a naughty period and fluid has regained me them back again. Luckily all logged with gp as I've been going to weigh-ins.
So back to needing 3kg+ off again.
All my weight loss has been swollowed up by novarapid units needed in replacement of metformin. 2st benefit loss from metformin has vanished too..
Just me and insulin now. I wish i could get my metformin and me status back. Its playing havoc with fluid retention, insulin resistance and hormone imbalances.
I must try it again if only for weight loss sake. Less insulin = fat loss.
Less carbs (for me) = less muscle building with less testosterone and reduced brown fat cells.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
prayers to god the father and his only begotten son jesus christ on high for you, @ickihun, my lovely friend, for a straightforward, safe and successful medical procedure. may jesus be with you the whole time, holding your little hand and upholding you in his loving arms. my prayer candle will be burning for you all day long. much love to you, mr.ickihun and your two lovely children.

lots of love, dear @ickihun,

from @JohnnyBaker12021970, a sufferer of moderate to severe asperger syndrome, adult adhd and dyscalculia xXx.
Thank you @JohnnyBaker12021970 :)
Your prayers worked.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Looks like Ron may of had a M.E. relapse these past two days . He has been to bed both afternoons , only getting up for his tea and then going back to bed . Tonight he has snuck into bed whilst my back was turned . I know he's tired but his therapist has told him not to have afternoon naps . So what should I do , go in and drag him out of bed or should I just leave him? I have had to get him up both afternoons, and today he wanted to stay in bed but I told him he had to shift as I wasn't leaving the room until he was up.
I know when it's me I get very bad tempered when I'm tired.
He must try and not make it a habit.

High bgs leave me exhausted, especially on not being able to walk. Our walking attempts are painful and exhausting but depression can very much call on your bed.

Looks like more nice weather on the way. He needs an excuse for an afternoon out.
Tell him he can come and visit as soon as I have op date. He must do some practice runs first, maybe.
Little by little. He needs a goal hun.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Awake at 3 am tasking my brain into how I can lose the 3kg needed for an op date.
I might have to try metformin again. It has helped so much in my life. Maybe it will help me here again.
Ive had very very little IBS pain since stopping it thou. So I've been able to stop mebeverine tablets.
Iron has been good since stopping lansoprozol for this precedure so no need for asthma inhalers recently either.
So no metformin, no lansoprozol, no asthma 3x inhalers and no mebeverine tablets lately. :) :) :)

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
I know when it's me I get very bad tempered when I'm tired.
He must try and not make it a habit.

High bgs leave me exhausted, especially on not being able to walk. Our walking attempts are painful and exhausting but depression can very much call on your bed.

Looks like more nice weather on the way. He needs an excuse for an afternoon out.
Tell him he can come and visit as soon as I have op date. He must do some practice runs first, maybe.
Little by little. He needs a goal hun.
According to Ron he said last night he just went to put on his Pjs and he felt so tired he just layed down on the bed . This morning he got up at 5 sat in his recliner and fell asleep waking up at around 8 am. We've been out today and he's also been doing jobs in the garden which has tired him out but he's still up . Lol.

Reactions: ickihun

david1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Awake at 3 am tasking my brain into how I can lose the 3kg needed for an op date.
I might have to try metformin again. It has helped so much in my life. Maybe it will help me here again.
Ive had very very little IBS pain since stopping it thou. So I've been able to stop mebeverine tablets.
Iron has been good since stopping lansoprozol for this precedure so no need for asthma inhalers recently either.
So no metformin, no lansoprozol, no asthma 3x inhalers and no mebeverine tablets lately. :) :) :)

Is fasting an option, Vicky? Really helped for me - usually only have one meal a day these days and both BG and weight are doing fine.

Reactions: ickihun