Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: 4 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 am, late finish last night and early start this morning...
the moon last night at 22:15, was lovely over the Tay out to the east.
Home for regular dinner tonight!! :)

Reactions: 7 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Morning. FBG 6.6 :)

Reactions: 6 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
I'm a happy bunny this morning - 6.7! We had a lovely meal last night, I had the soup and I'm glad I did because of the size of the bowls! The others all had noodles or rice and hardly any of them actually finished. I made sure I had berries and cream at home so I wouldn't be tempted to have any dessert :)

Reactions: 8 people

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The reports of morning BG levels depresse me! My last HbA1c was 46, on a regime of no medication, diet and exercise. But from spells of 7-tests-a-day I know my first reading of the day is always the highest, and persistently stays there! I plug away at the diet and exercise changes, but readings above 7 are more normal for me than actually achieving 7, let alone below.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
The reports of morning BG levels depresse me! My last HbA1c was 46, on a regime of no medication, diet and exercise. But from spells of 7-tests-a-day I know my first reading of the day is always the highest, and persistently stays there! I plug away at the diet and exercise changes, but readings above 7 are more normal for me than actually achieving 7, let alone below.
Don't get too disheartened, I've only just achieved under 7s now. I was diagnosed T2 in October last year and it's taken a lot of hard work to get here. As you know the fasting reading is always the last to change so as long as you keep doing what you're doing you will see a result. Your HbA1c is excellent (my last one was 49) so you're definitely on the right track

Reactions: 11 people

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Hi @JenniferW With your shoulder problems the pain and discomfort must be affecting your readings. I'm sorry if it was my readings that depressed you. I've been told I need even tighter control if I want to see any improvement in my foot which had started to improve but as soon as my readings start to go up the foot gets worse again so that's why I'm trying so hard for a probable impossible control. Best wishes.

Reactions: 12 people

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't get too disheartened, I've only just achieved under 7s now. I was diagnosed T2 in October last year and it's taken a lot of hard work to get here. As you know the fasting reading is always the last to change so as long as you keep doing what you're doing you will see a result. Your HbA1c is excellent (my last one was 49) so you're definitely on the right track

Thanks for the encouragement! I was diagnosed T2 last May, but going on the X-PERT course in August really made me get to grips with the diet and exercise changes. So we're at similar sorts of stages and you encourage me.

Reactions: 10 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 am
early on parade this morning, wind blowin', woke up and no way going back to sleep...
so made a pot of tea and going to do some work...
Good Friday to all.

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Another hypo morning looks like I can reduce the evening insulin again. Fasting blood levels 3.9 this morning, time for breakie

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Morning, off work until Monday. Shoulder is still stiff and painful. FBG 6.0 mmol/l :)

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
6.4 this morning, hormones have put in an unwelcome reappearance (I'm also perimenopausal) so I'm feeling a bit yuk. Might go for a nice bracing walk later on to blow away the cobwebs :)

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Just back from an exhilarating walk in our woods. Strong winds and lots of trees down, branches everywhere but we managed our walk between heavy showers of hailstones. Hope that your walk was bracing @Diamum5972 ?

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
It was good thanks, I got an unexpected bonus. My friend texted me to say that a market stall selling yarn is closing down today so is selling off all her yarn at £1 each! I went along there and managed to get a sweater quantity of chunky merino for less than a tenner. Result!

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
You lucky thing! And you'll be superwarm and gorgeous when you've knited your sweater

Reactions: 11 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I feel such a fool. I got carried away reducing my insulin and thought the lchf diet had released me from the jabs.
Ok so I have to take 44units with supper to get an in range fasting bg level.
I've had more energy with the 7/8s but thrush on 8/9s. No energy 9+.
Numb foot has gone. Hurray! Leg is still unreliable though for walking. Have to see GP but sick of seeing him. Have to return for new tablet for high blood pressure update anyway. Sick of going to docs.
Hoping I feel more my lively self tomorrow. GP will see my jolly self if I can sort myself out.
Feel like someone is sitting my chest but no flu or cold.
Or could I be getting the lchf flu as back to eating properly (lchf diet).
I will take @loulou99782 advice and reduce my food but very rarely have a meal now. Just odd low carb items. My snack/supper same size as my dinner but snack single lchf item or 2. 3 for a meal if hungry (eaten not enough fat).
Christmas eve messed me up and I've struggled ever since. I was doing well. Losing weight and good steady bgs.
Carbs have alot to answer for. They should come with a health warning on them!
Ps. Have had water retention in my arms for days. None in legs.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I've just said the same thing to my husband about Christmas With lc it seems that you have to go through the carb flu again if you start eating more carbs - no fair!

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
7.0 this morning. I'm going back to my voluntary work today, I took a couple of weeks off because of that rotten cold but I'm feeling much better now. I'll also get plenty of exercise from walking up and down the stairs!

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
7.0 this morning. I'm going back to my voluntary work today, I took a couple of weeks off because of that rotten cold but I'm feeling much better now. I'll also get plenty of exercise from walking up and down the stairs!
I volunteer for cancer research UK in their Sidcup Shop. Where do you volunteer and what do you do?