Type 2 /no meds /LC woe

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
Was sick last week with a head cold (first one in 3 years), cleared up for 2 days, but this a.m. I have stomach flu. I've slept most of the day today and could only hold down water but starting to feel better. I've taken out some homemade turkey broth for supper but since I haven't eaten for 24 hrs now, was wondering if I had to be careful reintroducing solid food after a 24 hr fast. (BGs good when I tested today) Advice would be appreciated.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have no medical evidence for this, but my own rule of thumb when I’m ill is that if I feel like eating a particular food, my body is probably ready for it. Just go for a small quantity at first and see how it settles.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Was sick last week with a head cold (first one in 3 years), cleared up for 2 days, but this a.m. I have stomach flu. I've slept most of the day today and could only hold down water but starting to feel better. I've taken out some homemade turkey broth for supper but since I haven't eaten for 24 hrs now, was wondering if I had to be careful reintroducing solid food after a 24 hr fast. (BGs good when I tested today) Advice would be appreciated.
Would think that hydration was most important along with those essential salts so soup or broth sounds like a good first step. Agree with @Goonergal try little bits of what you fancy and stay hydrated.

Reactions: Goonergal