Type 2's R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
A new place for us type 2's to have a chat,post glucose numbers, some banter and even a whinge amongst ourselves

how is everyone ?

Hi James. I started a thread last night called Type 1's R Us, so identical, apart from the number and it would be very confusing and postings go to the wrong one.

Regards RRB :)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi James. I started a thread last night called Type 1's R Us, so identical, apart from the number and it would be very confusing and postings go to the wrong one.

I assume everyone can read? I don't see the problem really.

Reactions: james11

james11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi, robin...i wouldnt have thought so..many different posts or threads cover different types ...im sure everyone will get it right

Reactions: Swanny57
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi, robin...i wouldnt have thought so..many different posts or threads cover different types ...im sure everyone will get it right
Indeed it is, but to make the same mistake more than once can be described as careless! ;)

Or having a hypo, or having a bad day, or having bad news, or a family problems, stress at work .........................
We don't live in a perfect world !

StephenJ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So did some research reason we go to the loo a lot is your body is trying to get rid of the glucose which our insulin cannot remove from our blood - would this be why we get tired very quickly too?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
So did some research reason we go to the loo a lot is your body is trying to get rid of the glucose which our insulin cannot remove from our blood - would this be why we get tired very quickly too?

I suppose having to trek to the bathroom every 15 minutes, night and day, may make us tired. Lol. Good exercise though if this involves a lot of climbing stairs!

Reactions: StephenJ

StephenJ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I suppose having to trek to the bathroom every 15 minutes, night and day, may make us tired. Lol. Good exercise though if this involves a lot of climbing stairs!

Getting lazy I told the wife I want to live upstairs

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would have thought this would have covered the T2s, it's a pretty long running thread.
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/type-2-life.81469/
Maybe it is too long, with established contributors. Maybe time to start a new one? Just a thought.

I agree with @Bluetit1802 , the Type 2 life thread is well established with regular contributors. I did feel a bit like the new kid in the playground on that one, not that anyone made me feel unwelcome, just that I didn’t know what they were talking about half the time! There were long running stories and experiences going on that I didn’t know about so couldn’t comment on. I’m all for a fresh one too

There is no Spoon

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So did some research reason we go to the loo a lot is your body is trying to get rid of the glucose which our insulin cannot remove from our blood
You could have saved yourself some time and looked up the word diabetes it means "to pee a lot" in Greek. :bookworm:

The mellitus was added on when some one discovered that our pee tastes sweet. I have always been willing to take there word on that one. ;)
:bag:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I think it is a lovely idea, so thank you @james11 for being brave enough to start it. :)

As for the peeing a lot, I escaped that issue, but probably wouldn't have noticed anyway. Ladies of a certain age frequently pee a lot. :arghh:

There is no Spoon

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A new place for us type 2's to have a chat,post glucose numbers, some banter and even a whinge amongst ourselves how is everyone ?
No.
Just No. :meh:

The T1 R Us was started as the T1 are a minority and wanted to have there voices heard which can sometimes be drowned out by the majority of T2 threads discussions. A little somewhere to rally together.

Posting an identical thread is bad form. :sorry:

Reactions: Robinredbreast

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
No.

The T1 R Us was started as the T1 are a minority and wanted to have there voices heard which can sometimes be drowned out by the majority of T2 threads discussions. A little somewhere to rally together.

But you joined in!

james11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I agree with @Bluetit1802 , the Type 2 life thread is well established with regular contributors. I did feel a bit like the new kid in the playground on that one, not that anyone made me feel unwelcome, just that I didn’t know what they were talking about half the time! There were long running stories and experiences going on that I didn’t know about so couldn’t comment on. I’m all for a fresh one too
Well you are welcome here rach !

Reactions: Bluetit1802

james11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
No.

The T1 R Us was started as the T1 are a minority and wantd to have there voices heard which can sometimes be drowned out by the majority of T2 threads discussions. A little somewhere to rally together.

Are they a minority? Theres about 250,000 members on here...all types...and all sorts of different t1/t2 threads..so i dont see a issue really....whats good forthe goose.....