JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Whiskey and diet Ginger one glass so far and a keto bacon cheese burger casserole quite nice enjoyed by household diabetic and non diabetic alike the whiskey however was for diabetics only thats me.

Though both arms are bleeding now not so great. just have to knock a bruise and thats it. Whiskey helps keep BG down and don't feel the sting so much either.

Wife has had most of the Merlot

Reactions: hankjam

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For everyday red wine at less than £5 I can recommend the Sainsbury's own "House" range. The Merlot, Rioja, Malbec and Montepulciano are all good, I am not sure which I like best, I will have to buy a lot more and keep testing.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Getting away from drinks for a moment I was bitten by a field mouse on Sat while I was trying to reecue it from the cat. Bled a bit washed it with soap and water and other than a swollen finger its fine and my tetanus is up to date. I guess this happens morecthan we would think. Ungrateful mouse.

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was bitten by a field mouse on Sat while I was trying to reecue it from the cat.
My cat is a real horror at bringing in mice, frogs and toads! The real problem is when the fly eggs hatch into maggots which change into flies!!! Then we realise that they have crawled under the furniture to die!

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Hi Everyone.

This thread (and two others) were all set up with the intention of people finding comfortable, chatty groups for daily interaction. Places where they can feel at home without worrying about treading on toes.

This won't work if people are just using these threads to vent their resentments and make veiled (or less than veiled) criticisms about other members.

So, if people want these threads to flourish and provide community and friendly chat, then the moderation team is asking everyone to respect the spirit in which they threads were created.

The Forum Rules and Ethos are clear - this is not the place to air disagreements.

Regards,
The whole moderation team

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Everyone.

This thread (and two others) were all set up with the intention of people finding comfortable, chatty groups for daily interaction. Places where they can feel at home without worrying about treading on toes.

This won't work if people are just using these threads to vent their resentments and make veiled (or less than veiled) criticisms about other members.

So, if people want these threads to flourish and provide community and friendly chat, then the moderation team is asking everyone to respect the spirit in which they threads were created.

The Forum Rules and Ethos are clear - this is not the place to air disagreements.

Regards,
I have seen nothing on this thread to offend anyone. Just a chatty thread for T2s. Have I missed something?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I think it was more of a sign post like don't walk on the grass rather than a direct observation of any wrong doing.

Or Don't Eat the Daisies

Reactions: hankjam

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
We are cheapskate plebs in our house. We drink it (wine) from boxes. Well, we pour it into a glass first. Bottles reserved for when we have guests. It went down well tonight. I like my glass before I eat my tea rather than with the meal, except at weekends....... Had a lovely fry up this evening. 3 rashers of bacon, 1 Hecks sausage, 1 fried egg, a tomato, half a slice of toasted Burgen bread, loads of mushrooms and ...... naughty naughty, a spoon of baked beans. 5.3 at 90 minutes. 5.3 at 2 hours. Pretty pleased with that.

I was a bit confused to arrive back on line and find yet another R Us thread. Still getting my head round that, and where my allegiance may lie. Might have to repeat posts in each thread, a bit like the contributors to the FBG threads seem to do. It's all a bit of a mess really.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Look at it this way the more threads I have to post in the more messages posted and the greater likely hood of me making Guru within the next 100 years, :)

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We are cheapskate plebs in our house. We drink it (wine) from boxes. Well, we pour it into a glass first. Bottles reserved for when we have guests. It went down well tonight. I like my glass before I eat my tea rather than with the meal, except at weekends....... Had a lovely fry up this evening. 3 rashers of bacon, 1 Hecks sausage, 1 fried egg, a tomato, half a slice of toasted Burgen bread, loads of mushrooms and ...... naughty naughty, a spoon of baked beans. 5.3 at 90 minutes. 5.3 at 2 hours. Pretty pleased with that.

I was a bit confused to arrive back on line and find yet another R Us thread. Still getting my head round that, and where my allegiance may lie. Might have to repeat posts in each thread, a bit like the contributors to the FBG threads seem to do. It's all a bit of a mess really.

Tempted to start a thread called Toyz R Us with the theory that Buzz Lightyear was actually a T2 in remission.

Don’t worry I won’t.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn

Personally, I think it's rather ludicrous and divisive ... for some glaringly obvious reasons

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I see the T1 thread has had a name change.

It is now Type 1 stars R Us

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tempted to start a thread called Toyz R Us with the theory that Buzz Lightyear was actually a T2 in remission.

Peeing out loud. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease, make it so!

I was tempted to start a thread called 'Non-diabetics R us' for anyone that accidentally stumbled across the forum while searching for the best lead to connect their TV to speakers or some such, but who wasn't very good at doing Google searches.

But then I figured the poor mods probably have enough to deal with right now :)

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
The advice should be transitional. Other than new members, most aren't that stupid they can't discern between the two

james11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
  • Hi Everyone.

read (and two others) were all set up with the intention of people finding comfortable, chatty groups for daily interaction. Places where they can feel at home without worrying about treading on toes.

Regards,
    Thank you for your comments...and we are not here to vent or criticise any one...we wish them all the best in the management of thier diabetes whatever type

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning one and all.
Another lovely sunny day here in rural Lancashire.
Hoping everyone is well.

james11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Very well thank you .....dull here in suffolk at the moment..

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I wish I could come up with suggestions @lindijanice . There are so many different approaches, and I'm glad they weren't all around when I first started or I would have been just as undecided! I've been lucky right from the start as lchf normal protein suited me and my metabolism.

I did begin a sort of IF of 18/6 every day 18 months ago and have stuck with it. I tried it because I wanted to improve my throughout the morning readings, not that they were horrendous, but higher than I liked., and didn't want to lose any weight. I do have a coffee with cream as soon as I get up, and a cup of tea mid morning, but no food other than in the 6 hour window (2 meals). It worked for me, and suited our meal time arrangements.

I wish you luck with whatever way you go. :)

Thanks @Bluetit1802 for your comments. Glad you have had success in your strategy......I have been re-evaluating things as to why I am bouncing up and down with my numbers and concluded that I have been sabotaging myself for not reaching my goal of 90 pound loss by my birthday - missed it by 3 measly pounds, but it sure set off the old behaviour patterns:( Gave myself a good talking to last night and again this morning, so think I will commence on the Paleo program also to see if IBSD is better without the dairy. I may switch it up a bit and not have breakfast and just my coffee as usually not hungry for food.....still thinking:) Cheers/L

Edit to add that I need to get back to good numbers as having both cataracts removed in August - ugh - am so nearsighted that doc has to do them two weeks apart!! He said my mind will go bonkers after the first one as there will be such a drastic change in my vision:):) L

Last edited: