Type 2's R Us

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
concluded that I have been sabotaging myself for not reaching my goal of 90 pound loss by my birthday - missed it by 3 measly pounds,

3lbs?? That is nothing in the grand scheme of things! I call losing 87lbs worthy of a gold medal.

Reactions: lindijanice

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Another dry day cant remember when we last had rain in West Sussex. More watering duty soon on meter now 3 of the 4 water butts are empty. Might check forecast first though. Had a positive appointment with my consultant and finally signed off after my distal pancretectomy 6 years ago. Had an interesting discussion re my diabetes and have posted question on a new thread which nobody has replied to maybe its in the wrong place.
Son has started work for summer so 2 packed lunches and 2 shirts a day now. He’s more adventurous with his lunch than his Dad who’s grateful for a cheese sandwich. Often catering for his girlfriend too who is vegetarian. Need to get a routine sorted out I have been in Sainsburys every day. Fiery Beef Chilli tonight with tenderstem brocolli only for me tonight. Didnt test first thing but jumping around the 5s since.

james11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All
Another dry day cant remember when we last had rain in West Sussex. More watering duty soon on meter now 3 of the 4 water butts are empty. Might check forecast first though. Had a positive appointment with my consultant and finally signed off after my distal pancretectomy 6 years ago. Had an interesting discussion re my diabetes and have posted question on a new thread which nobody has replied to maybe its in the wrong place.
Son has started work for summer so 2 packed lunches and 2 shirts a day now. He’s more adventurous with his lunch than his Dad who’s grateful for a cheese sandwich. Often catering for his girlfriend too who is vegetarian. Need to get a routine sorted out I have been in Sainsburys every day. Fiery Beef Chilli tonight with tenderstem brocolli only for me tonight. Didnt test first thing but jumping around the 5s since.
Miss the beutiful sussex coast so much...good news you have been signed off by the consultant

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Miss the beutiful sussex coast so much...good news you have been signed off by the consultant
We are not on the coast but only 20 mins from Chichester. We do have lovely views of the South Downs from upstairs. We would love final move to be the coast if we the piggy bank allows and the children EVER leave home! Did you live here or holiday?

james11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
We are not on the coast but only 20 mins from Chichester. We do have lovely views of the South Downs from upstairs. We would love final move to be the coast if we the piggy bank allows and the children EVER leave home! Did you live here or holiday?
Yes chichester is nice, we were born and grew up in Eastbourne, moved away 11 years ago for work, but still get down to see relatives etc when we can...miss the beach and the rocks around beachy head

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Bump

My BG after lunch today was 10.0 not as bad as yesterday's 12.1 but still for me much too high had hoped things where settling down.

james11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Had a surprise hypo this afternoon ...pesky thing crept up on me while i was busy gardening. ..marmalade sandwich to the rescue..lol

NikkieDuranie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
We are cheapskate plebs in our house. We drink it (wine) from boxes. Well, we pour it into a glass first. Bottles reserved for when we have guests. It went down well tonight. I like my glass before I eat my tea rather than with the meal, except at weekends....... Had a lovely fry up this evening. 3 rashers of bacon, 1 Hecks sausage, 1 fried egg, a tomato, half a slice of toasted Burgen bread, loads of mushrooms and ...... naughty naughty, a spoon of baked beans. 5.3 at 90 minutes. 5.3 at 2 hours. Pretty pleased with that.

I was a bit confused to arrive back on line and find yet another R Us thread. Still getting my head round that, and where my allegiance may lie. Might have to repeat posts in each thread, a bit like the contributors to the FBG threads seem to do. It's all a bit of a mess really.

Are baked beans not good? I had these today thinking it was a good choice

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Are baked beans not good? I had these today thinking it was a good choice

Did you look on the nutrition label for the total carbs? Baked beans (even the reduced sugar ones) are stuffed full of sugar. No, not a good choice at all. You will notice from my post I only had a spoonful.

Scroll down to the nutrition label. There is just as much sugar in them as fibre, and the fibre is the only reason they are supposed to be good for us.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/252261477?sc_cmp=ppc*GHS+-+Grocery+-+New*PX+|+Shopping+GSC+|+All+Products+++Tesco+Brand*PRODUCT+GROUP252261477*&gclid=CjwKCAjwpIjZBRBsEiwA0TN1r5TdY1xTM7cdnqRtwT-yHpDvKT5qyY7SaFQxqGngfWK7y3HpN4UOThoCNvAQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CKrCzvaK1NsCFVci0wodqU8E_g

Reactions: NikkieDuranie

NikkieDuranie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a surprise hypo this afternoon ...pesky thing crept up on me while i was busy gardening. ..marmalade sandwich to the rescue..lol

Were you OK? Do you know what caused it? But a marmalade sandwich sounds divine ;)

james11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Were you OK? Do you know what caused it? But a marmalade sandwich sounds divine ;)
Yes i was fine thanks....i think maybe too much insulin at lunch time combined with the hot weather and strenuous digging in the garden....

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@james11 I gave a hug for the hypo but wanted to give you a star getting to eat a marmalade sandwich. :)

Reactions: james11

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
My BG still acting up 11.2 after lunch then an hour or so later 6.5 still on a bit of a roller coaster ride.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I had my 6 monthly bloods this morning. The HCA weighed me. I had weighed myself earlier. I appeared to have lost 5lbs in 2 hours, possibly more as I wasn't wearing clothes the first time. I asked if her scales were correct. She weighed herself and said they seem right. I hope my scales are the inaccurate ones, but somehow doubt it because I have 2 sets, and both sets agreed. I wasn't arguing about it. :)