Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Th

that popcorn sounds nice I must try some ... Thanks ...
It's Tesco's and 5.6g carbs per bag. They do it in multi packs of 6 and there are 3 types - salted (mine), sweet (hubbies) and sweet and salted (both of us)!

Reactions: 6 people

Stemar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Daphne,

I hope you enjoy your popcorn, as I think the "sweet and salty" sounds the better one of the 3 choices, as it could be okay as it offers a bit of both the others! Plus it's pretty low in Carbs which is a positive plus.

Stemar, (Downunder)

Reactions: 4 people

Stemar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
at the moment for my lunch:
50 g celery
30 g Feta
30 g olives
50 g sauerkraut
50 g raw cauliflower
20 g olive oil
90 g sardines

Cal 540 satFat 21 UnSat 25 Carb 6 Protein 29... I hope.....

Hi Hank,,

First let me congratulate you on your weight loss, as I know how hard this can be, especialy if you do a heap of excersise and instead of lossing a few Kilos, you put 1 or 2 on instead.But in just 12 months you've managed to loose around 23 kilos which is a great mile stone, you should be wrapped with your acheivement, I hope your BGL's also ame down with the weight loss, as they usually do. I can see you eventually winning this fight, so "Good Luck In The Future," Okay!!!

Stemar, (Downunder)

S

Sable_Jan

Yesterday
Breakfast:
Apricot and almond cake with custard
Dinner:
Celery sticks, cheddar and chives, red grapes & feta cheese
Tea: chicken, leek and mushroom pie (homemade).
Snacks: almond cake

Today
Breakfast: ditto
Dinner: similar... Just diff cheeses
Tea: nit christened yet
Snacks: minimal hopefully....put couple of lbs on....

Reactions: 2 people
K

Kat100

It's Tesco's and 5.6g carbs per bag. They do it in multi packs of 6 and there are 3 types - salted (mine), sweet (hubbies) and sweet and salted (both of us)!
Thank you .. I must try some ....
Did make some ages ago .. It was rather nice , used sweet freedom to make it .. Well sweet .. But you can use anything you like ...

K

Kat100

Hi Hank,,

First let me congratulate you on your weight loss, as I know how hard this can be, especialy if you do a heap of excersise and instead of lossing a few Kilos, you put 1 or 2 on instead.But in just 12 months you've managed to loose around 23 kilos which is a great mile stone, you should be wrapped with your acheivement, I hope your BGL's also ame down with the weight loss, as they usually do. I can see you eventually winning this fight, so "Good Luck In The Future," Okay!!!

Stemar, (Downunder)
Yes well said .. Congratulations ..

K

Kat100

Breakfast my usual mix ....

Lunch .. Tomato soup., soup always homemade ....And a bread roll ... Salad returns agsin tomorrow ..

Tonight .. Chilli veggie style with avacardo and a little basmatti rice ..

Strawberries later ... And a bit of chocolate ..

S

Sable_Jan

Thank you .. I must try some ....
Did make some ages ago .. It was rather nice , used sweet freedom to make it .. Well sweet .. But you can use anything you like ...
I didn't think I would like salted popcorn but I was surprised, it was really nice....

S

Sable_Jan

Tea was divine. We ate out.... Shared fish platter.......battered smoked cod pieces, deep fried bait (very thinly battered) tuna mayo, prawn cocktail pitta bread (but more like a wrap texture) lemon & mayo..... Heavenly.....f/b poached salmon salad.....bigger salad than usual....was stuffed .... Added bonus bg post 4.8...... And no bedtime snack cos am STILL stuffed....

S

Sable_Jan

Guys.... Can you recommend a good sweetener for baking? Tried Sucron...underlying bitterness from saccharine, sucralose ones I haven't tried cos I can taste it in jellies/drinks.....
PS I do have palm sugar low GI/GL but tho it's nice it does add its own flavour....

Last edited:

badwolfreturns

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today's meals
Breakfast graze rocky road granola with semi skimmed milk
Lunch quorn lamb grill,bisto gravy and peas
Tea cheese scone and flora
Snacks light goodies yoghurt,25g popcorn sweet coconut and vanilla,graze peanut butter with pretzel sticks

Stemar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tea was divine. We ate out.... Shared fish platter.......battered smoked cod pieces, deep fried bait (very thinly battered) tuna mayo, prawn cocktail pitta bread (but more like a wrap texture) lemon & mayo..... Heavenly.....f/b poached salmon salad.....bigger salad than usual....was stuffed .... Added bonus bg post 4.8...... And no bedtime snack cos am STILL stuffed....

Hi Sable_Jan,

Fist let me say thank you, as I noticed you liked some of the entries I placed on the Forum!!! Your Sea Food Platter sounds really scrumptious, as I'm partial to the odd Seafood Platter myself, Have you ever tried Baked Flathead, if it's cooked right it's just immaculate and just melts in your mouth, the only negative is that it's full of bones that would choke a horse, so one needs to be careful not to swallow a bone. I hope you had a great night out and it ended on a high.

Stemar, (Downunder)

Stemar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Everyone,

Hope your all doing well and taking each day, as it comes and goes!!!

22:00 hrs, Well I finally worked up the courage to test my BGL's again and they were 13.7, which was far better than this mornings, which were 20:5.
22.10 hrs, I had 2 Wholemeal Rolls with Jarlsberg cheese, tomato with salt and pepper, then placed under the griller just long enough to make the cheese go brown, plus a cup of coffee with 1 white sugar. I'm waiting to take another BGL reading as I still have about 40 minutes, before the 2 hrs is up, so here's hopping.

Stemar, (Downunder)

K

Kat100

Guys.... Can you recommend a good sweetener for baking? Tried Sucron...underlying bitterness from saccharine, sucralose ones I haven't tried cos I can taste it in jellies/drinks.....
PS I do have palm sugar low GI/GL but tho it's nice it does add its own flavour....
Have you tried the half and half ones ... That's if you will do low sugar for baking .. Sometimes I do ...
Total,sweet is another one I use , great on homemade popcorn ...
And of course xylitiol ....
I don't know of any others that I like ... But for the odd times or bit of baking I have used these ...

S

Sable_Jan

Have you tried the half and half ones ... That's if you will do low sugar for baking .. Sometimes I do ...
Total,sweet is another one I use , great on homemade popcorn ...
And of course xylitiol ....
I don't know of any others that I like ... But for the odd times or bit of baking I have used these ...
Thanks Kat, the Suction is quarter sugar I think. And now you mention it you told me of Totalsweet once before AND xylitol. Will make my tea then look them up..... It struck me I might have overdone the almond essence too cos that can be a bit bitter if overdone.....

K

Kat100

Thanks Kat, the Suction is quarter sugar I think. And now you mention it you told me of Totalsweet once before AND xylitol. Will make my tea then look them up..... It struck me I might have overdone the almond essence too cos that can be a bit bitter if overdone.....
Yes sweet freedom have their own site , for total,sweet ... Can be used in cakes etc .. Or instead of honey....
They do a chocoshot as well ... Can be put in a drink ...
Worth a look
To many cals for some people , but the info for diabetic diet is on the product ...
All supermarkets and on line .., Kat

S

Sable_Jan

Yes sweet freedom have their own site , for total,sweet ... Can be used in cakes etc .. Or instead of honey....
They do a chocoshot as well ... Can be put in a drink ...
Worth a look
To many cals for some people , but the info for diabetic diet is on the product ...
All supermarkets and on line .., Kat
Thanks Kat, bet MY Sainsburys won't have it ;). Decided tea will be celery, grapes and two cheeses....can't be bothered to cook and it will be good for my bg too ;). I see my predictive turned Sucron to Suction in my post :rolleyes::rolleyes:

badwolfreturns

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast graze rocky road granola with semi skimmed milk

Lunch bacon sandwich on low carb bread

Tea cheese scone with flora

Snacks light goodies lemon
Graze salted fudge and peanut

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Everyone,

Hope your all doing well and taking each day, as it comes and goes!!!

22:00 hrs, Well I finally worked up the courage to test my BGL's again and they were 13.7, which was far better than this mornings, which were 20:5.
22.10 hrs, I had 2 Wholemeal Rolls with Jarlsberg cheese, tomato with salt and pepper, then placed under the griller just long enough to make the cheese go brown, plus a cup of coffee with 1 white sugar. I'm waiting to take another BGL reading as I still have about 40 minutes, before the 2 hrs is up, so here's hopping.

Stemar, (Downunder)

Hi Stemar, I may have missed whether you are T1 or T2, I know nothing of T1, being a T2... but if you are T2 and relatively recently diagnosed and trying to get your BG under control I would recommend giving bread a break and sugar in your coffee and see how your testing goes.
If I'm teaching you how to suck eggs, please forgive me.
Hj

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: standard Chia seed coffee/cocoa/peanut butter and nuts to go.
L: standard celery, avocado, olives, feta, toms and sauerkraut.
D: chicken, with spices, coconut milk and double cream, aubergine and spinach. homemade chocolate to finish.