Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

Rudyard

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The OH has been out today to collect the Christmas veg... I'm SO looking forward to cooking the turkey and a stack of trimmings.

Though I will admit that our eldest LOVES Brussels Sprouts. Don't ask me why. He just does. It's weird opening up the fridge drawer and be faced with the little balls of evil...

Reactions: 2 people

Sweet-Blood

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The rain.
Nothing eaten... Yet. Just had a large cappuccino made in our new coffee machine. Very posh! :D

Reactions: 4 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffee.n cream, 2 eggs n cream, scrambled

L: 2 LC toast with butter n marmite, 3 slices ham with mustard

D: creamy broccoli and cauliflour, 2 eggs, steak, coke zero

S: sausage and sauce, chicken and lamb

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
B nowt

D Roast Turkey Roast Potatoes Mash Potatoes Carrotts Green Beans Yorkies Stuffing Pigs in Blamkets & Cranberry Sauce

Stuffed with that so ate nowt else yet

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
I've had a naughty couple of days but trying to get back on track now.

B Greek yoghurt with blueberries
L open sandwich with masses of salad, onion and chive cheese and a big splodge of mayo :) a handful of Brazil nuts and half an avocado
D will be chicken and mushroom stir fry with extra bean sprouts and a very green granny smith apple for afters

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm back in the zone (at least for today!) so I had overnight oats (which did seem to raise my blood sugar a bit more this time sadly) with almond milk, pumpkin seeds and poppy seeds and half an apple for breakfast. I went for a walk which reduced my blood sugar a bit, then had a late lunch of a mountain of salad, handful of bulgar wheat, tuna and mayonnaise.

Dinner will be leeks in coconut flour/almond milk white sauce with a pork loin, broccoli and cauliflower. Haven't made white sauce with coconut flour before so will be interesting to see if it works out.

jojo broadie

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I'm back in the zone (at least for today!) so I had overnight oats (which did seem to raise my blood sugar a bit more this time sadly) with almond milk, pumpkin seeds and poppy seeds and half an apple for breakfast. I went for a walk which reduced my blood sugar a bit, then had a late lunch of a mountain of salad, handful of bulgar wheat, tuna and mayonnaise.

Dinner will be leeks in coconut flour/almond milk white sauce with a pork loin, broccoli and cauliflower. Haven't made white sauce with coconut flour before so will be interesting to see if it works out.
Hi where did you get coconut flour ....been looking for almond flour too if anyone can help

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I can't use them because of allergies but I know Holland and Barrett's do coconut flour they might do almond flour too

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi where did you get coconut flour ....been looking for almond flour too if anyone can help

Yes Holland and Barrett do both, but I got mine in the big Tesco's (they don't stock it in the smaller ones unfortunately). I think the price is about the same in H&B anyway.

I would probably just use a small amount of ordinary flour for future sauces, as I don't do them much anyway, but it was okay. Coconut flour does have a distinctive coconut taste, but I hear almond flour has a more neutral taste. I am going to try almond flour when the coconut flour is used up... but although it's quite a small packet, it will take ages to use as it's so dense.

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been off-plan eating today, very naughty. Will do better tomorrow.

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes Holland and Barrett do both, but I got mine in the big Tesco's (they don't stock it in the smaller ones unfortunately). I think the price is about the same in H&B anyway.

I would probably just use a small amount of ordinary flour for future sauces, as I don't do them much anyway, but it was okay. Coconut flour does have a distinctive coconut taste, but I hear almond flour has a more neutral taste. I am going to try almond flour when the coconut flour is used up... but although it's quite a small packet, it will take ages to use as it's so dense.
I love this recipe for coconut flour flat bread if you are wanting something to make with it! http://divaliciousrecipes.com/2013/08/27/flatbread-coconut-flour-and-psyllium/
I use them like fajitas for dinner, put fried eggs on them for breakfast or have used them like a pizza base.

Reactions: 5 people

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope everyone had a good Christmas and managed not to stray too far!
B: fried eggs on Ugg bread toast, sautéed mushrooms
L: baked avocado with prawn mayo; rocket & pine nut salad
D: sausages, cheesy cauliflower mash with leeks

Trying to decide what to have for NYE dinner, other than several glasses of red wine!

jojo broadie

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

thank you I heard about the almond flour in South Africa when I was there in Oct will look for some in Tesco I tried Holland abd Barrett for it but they don't stock it where I live might give it a try online

Johnroy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many
B: porridge, sprinkle blueberries dollop alpro soy yog and half a easy pealer

L: Liddell high prot roll with Tuna

D: awaiting tonight, Thai friend coming so expect a noodle dish, I have done pea and ham soup.
My morning reading was 7.8 and before lunch was 5.2. Will await the new year for my next reading
Happy New Year to you all before all. The lines go crazy later

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Overnight oats in almond milk with pumpkin seeds and poppy seeds for breakfast, then a large egg salad for late lunch. Dinner is pork loin chop and vegetables with some parsnip cubes done in the actifry.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffee n cream, 2 eggs n cream, scrambled

L: coffee n cream, chicken leg, ham

D: mince, sour cream, broccoli, cauliflour, cheese sauce

S: coffee n cream, ham, coke zero

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OK dinner went horribly wrong... loin chops went in the freezer and crumpets found their way out... followed by chocolate and ice cream. Tomorrow needs to be a good exercise day.

Reactions: 3 people

Rudyard

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy New Year Everyone... Hope you're doing well....

Not been on here whilst I've been off for Christmas - but I have tried to be mostly good... Turkey was stunning - I served with cauliflower cheese, roasted spuds for them lot and roasted celeriac for me, carrots and peas and oodles of gravy. Made another lunch of turkey and veg leavings and finally a turkey curry.

Generally felt as though I ate too much - with all the horrid weather, we didn't get out as much as I wanted, what walks we did do were often curtailed by more rain!

Life goal for 2016 is to aim to get below 14st before the end of the year - and to be more active.... Phew, not much on, eh?

Horror of horrors - the coffee machine had packed in - having to make do and mend with espresso from the shop up the road. New machine will land this week, I hope!

So, today....

Breakfast of rye toast (the eggs were pretty droll, too! Ooo, My aching sides)
Chicken curry leavings - fridged from Christmas Eve, can you believe. Served with some leeks. Still feeling peckish, though
Supper tonight will be chicken & chorizo casserole - made with loads of garlic, onions, stock & carrots. The Boys and the OH will have chips or rice and I'll stick to butternut squash... perhaps with a little savoy cabbage, too.

We're back to sensible meal plans and getting freezer stocks down. The OH wants to cut down on the meat intake and get more veggies which I wholeheartedly support.