Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

Lindy1706

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: Two cups of builders tea with a splash of whole milk

L: Home made burgers (mince, onion, garlic and parsley bound togther with egg and then griddled), salad, gerkin, cheddar chesse melted on top and mayo.

D: Griddled Pork Chop, salad of chopped, tomato, cucumber, onion and flat leaf parsley, feta and some mayo.

david1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast (05:35) 120g natural yogurt (98 calories, 8 carbs, 5 fat, 6 protein). BS 7.1 before, 7.8 after (including 3.5 mile walking)

Lunch (13:15) M&S smoked ham & mustard mayonnaise sandwich on oatmeal bread (282 calories, 35 carbs, 6 fat, 20 protein). BS 5.5 before, 7.7 after.

Evening meal (18:50) Chicken in red wine sauce with mash, carrots & peas plus a pear and a plum (422 calories, 44 carbs, 12 fat, 30 protein). BS before 5.7, 7.3 after.

Daily totals, including yet to be consumed snack of a greek yogurt: 965 calories, 93 carbs, 31 fat, 71 protein.

Having switched to a breakfast that seems to be working (morning dose of novorapid is down to 2) the next change is lunch - start ditching the sandwiches and maybe lose a piece of fruit of an evening.

plantagenet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast today: 40g Blackberries, 40g Blueberries, 40g Cranberries, 90ml Alpro Almond Unsweetened,67g Benecol Peach & Apricot Yoghurt drink, 30g Flaxseed, 10g pine nut kernels, 10g Almonds, 10g Pecans, 10g walnuts, 10g sunflower seeds 10g Pumpkin Seeds. Black Coffee.

johnnybaker45

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Aggression, violence, bad language, class-riddenness.
What I have eaten today:-

10:33 am:- 2 slices of lightly grilled toast made with Kingsmill medium-sliced white bread and cut into 8 triangles with Flora Sunflower Spread.

2:45 pm:- 4 pork sausages, crinkle-cut oven chips and baked beans.

I have also consumed approximately 15 glasses of tap water.

Blood glucose reading at 5:08 pm:- 8.1 Millimoles Per Litre.

Naomi425

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fasting bgs 10.5
Breakfast black coffee
Dinner red kale spirallised courgette ox heart stir fried konjac noodles with agave 1/4 tsp Vietnamese sauce.

Total carbs for day 25g bgs 2 hours after eating 8.1 about average for me

Reactions: 2 people

david1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a very pleasant surprise today ... got taken out for lunch but wasn't much diabetic friendly stuff on the menu so was a wee bit naughty and had gammon and chips. Was 5.7 beforehand and only 5.9 two hours after eating:)

Reactions: 4 people

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
432e7b785962583530d479f9bb52e6e7.jpg

a2af06099da1caf00a0eb95bff16700c.jpg
c7373fa8c00938ebf1fb3d117d38b32c.jpg

Homemade lasagna. Low carb, wheat free and delicious!

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So went out to dinner, was pretty good - apart from a piece of bread in starter (cheese melted on it so I HAD to have it ) and I'm just registering 5.0 around 2 hours later - super pleased

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
S Milk Coffee
B Sausage,bacon Egg and Tomato
S Milk Coffee
L 3 x Homemade Sausage Rolls (small)
S 1 x Strawberry Cheesecake slice
D Roast Lamb and Veges including potatoes
S Apple Crumble and custard

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffee n cream

L: chicken leg, slice cheese, coffee n cream

D: marinated pork, cheesy cauli and broccoli, pepsi max

S: pepsi max

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Gone mad this morning, a three egg omelet, with a lot of mushrooms and brie.
Now to go and walk it off.

LJRC

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
tea, miserable people, swallowing large pills :)
Breakfast - Simply Nutty muesli made by Dorset cereals with whole milk. Coffee, no sugar
Lunch snack - Plain yoghurt with a teaspoon of sprinkles from Graze snacks (experiment)
Two cream crackers with thin slices of cheese. Coffee, no sugar
Dinner/Tea - Think it's Fish pie with a topping of Sweet potatoes. Yum.
Daily main drink...fizzy water, about 1.5 ltr a day.

Reactions: 3 people

David_A_Hughes

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
A small amount of hog's pudding, 3 small mushrooms and an egg, fried in olive oil. A cup of green tea. BG reading of 11.7 first thing - so depressing!

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
Sat 9th:
Breakfast 2 boiled eggs

Lunch: 2 Portbello mushrooms drizzled with olive oil and grilled, then added goats cheese and pine nuts, grilled again

Tea: Chicken breast, asparagus and red pepper, drizzled with olive oil and backed in the oven. Eaten with salad leaves and pine nuts. Dressing: plain yogurt, sour cream white wine vinegar, 1/2 garlic clove, fresh dill.

At wedding dance 10.30pm supper: roll less bacon roll (slice of bacon!) the tiniest taste of the wedding cake (even rejected the icing, when I'd have normally picked the piece of cake with icing down the side, not just top!) NO fancies - what will power
Lots of dancing for exercise. Although Strip the Willow was a bit slow for my liking, didn't come off the floor thinking I was going to die!

Lots of water with lemon and lime slices added throughout the day.

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Saturdays meals
B 2 scrambled eggs added some cheddar cheese cooked in microwave on half a lidl roll
L 3 rivitas with cheddar cheese strong spread / 1 plum
D Brocoli and stilton soup [ from Asda ] 2 pieces of 5 seed gluten free bread [ experiment that paid off] / a few unsalted cashew nuts and 1 piece of 85% Green and blacks choc. BG reading 2hrs after dinner 5.4 happy with this. :happy:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Saturday.

B: A Leek & Wensleydale Stuffed Mushroom 105 cals 10g carbs.

L: Spinach Surrender one portion 133 cals 3.6g carbs.

D: Spinach and mushroom lasagne one portion 287 cals 40.8g carbs.

that was it apart from a couple of coffees and a small satsuma as a snack

johnnybaker45

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Aggression, violence, bad language, class-riddenness.
I am writing to inform you all that although I had a good start to today, and have continued to maintain full abstinence from sugar in my hot beverages, I overdid it with gluttony and greed this afternoon with 4 very substantial chip butties made with a full oven tray of oven chips, Flora Sunflower Spread and 8 slices of Kingsmill medium-sliced white bread. My blood glucose reading after all that muck was between 11 and 12 millimoles per litre. I don't think it's my Asperger Syndrome that precipitated this binge eating in its symptomotology, I'm aware it's the ADHD that runs concurrently with the ASD. I'm trying to hydrate myself, but not excessively, to allow my glycaemia to return to normal.

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
Well I've been naughty this afternoon.
Breakfast: Yogurt with a tablespoon raisins and a good sprinkling of linseeds
Lunch: 2 large grilled mushrooms, topped with 30g goats cheese, pine nuts and chives,

Post wedding party, my downfall..... 3 sausages (medium sized, no idea of meat content), a few slices of homemade 'farm cheese' and a very small oatcake biscuit. My BG reading is now 10.7

I did ignore the bowls of crisps, popcorn, sausage rolls, chicken drumsticks in what looked like a lovely sticky sweet sauce, bere bannock (locally made from a special bere flour, tastes wonderful), chocolates, cakes and the alcohol and fruit juices, sticking just to sparkling water with slices of lemon and lime. I know I will need something to eat later on as we ate the food at 4pm, so come later on I will be hungry. I suppose it could have been worse, I could have had the whole wedding supper last night too.