Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

helga_t75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
8.7 fasting... aarrrrgh! Didn't appear to go above 9 though yesterday.

Had one slice of irish wholemeal bread with lashings of butter in the morning, an apple, and then made a keto cabbage and mince stir fry at about 3pm, and then had seconds at 8pm. Had a piece of cheese before bed, but didn't actually sleep til about 5.30am as I'm in the West of Ireland living in a caravan (while I renovate a cottage) and Doris was banging on the window!

Bought a Freestyle Libre yesterday, and going to eat totally keto today. Thinking about stopping taking the Lyxumia til my next appointment in 2 weeks where I'm being prescribed Bydureon... Just to see what happens. :-/

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

I saw a 5.5 this morning, and that's the reading I am going to believe....

Reactions: annie-p and Prem51

LAR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
8.7 fasting... aarrrrgh! Didn't appear to go above 9 though yesterday.

Had one slice of irish wholemeal bread with lashings of butter in the morning, an apple, and then made a keto cabbage and mince stir fry at about 3pm, and then had seconds at 8pm. Had a piece of cheese before bed, but didn't actually sleep til about 5.30am as I'm in the West of Ireland living in a caravan (while I renovate a cottage) and Doris was banging on the window!

Bought a Freestyle Libre yesterday, and going to eat totally keto today. Thinking about stopping taking the Lyxumia til my next appointment in 2 weeks where I'm being prescribed Bydureon... Just to see what happens. :-/
Well done for fasting, I'm on the same journey. On fourth fast day, and for me it works. Gone from a month of 10+ readings to 5.5 this morning. I've just got to keep it there! All the very best with the fasting and building work!! :)

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
3.8 this morning - did an experiment last night and took a Gliclizade with my evening meal. The result was this morning's 3.8 (as opposed to the 5's I have been having), so I definitely don't need it under normal circumstances (I say normal - i.e. low carb days!)

Johnjoe13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.9 this morning, had a very restless night with RLS, lots of weeing and pins and needles, tempted to go out and get P****d tonight if only to get my sleep back.

Reactions: mo53