Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.3 don't know if this is good or not?

Diagnosed
Nov 2016 HbA1c 63
Feb 2017 HbA1c 52
&.3 not horrendous, I'm told we should aim to get between 5 and 7 As a blood glucose fasting reading (first thing in the morning before food and activity). Well done in lowering you HbA1c, you're obviously doing something right:joyful:. Welcome, keep reading and asking questions. There are some very clever friendly peeps around:)

D

debrasue

good morning everyone :)
4.5 for me today
that's a bit of a relief after eating such a lot yesterday, Mr. G and I were invited to a Sunday lunchtime 'do' because I'd put in 20 years at the company I retired from last year, so I gussied myself up a bit ;) and away we went.

Yesterday's fbg was 5.0 so perhaps stressing about going to the meal was worse than the meal! Diabetes is a weird disease sometimes :(
Congratulations on your 20 years!

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Bet I can up you on age!
Same here I'm a stubborn old so and so has well,NHS are not killing me off anytime soon with there oh so wrong diet.
I'm 71 this October quite active and fairly health problem free I intend staying that way,I want to be around to enjoy some time with my lovely hubby who is still working so I need to show the doctors this diet is a life saver for diabetics, not a death sentence one like there's. End of Rant! Have a nice day everyone! K

Reactions: Keesha and Prem51

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Same here I'm a stubborn old so and so has well,NHS are not killing me off anytime soon with there oh so wrong diet.
I'm 71 this October quite active and fairly health problem free I intend staying that way,I want to be around to enjoy some time with my lovely hubby who is still working so I need to show the doctors this diet is a life saver for diabetics, not a death sentence one like there's. End of Rant! Have a nice day everyone! K
Love your style young lady. You rock!!:D:D:D

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.9 for me this morning which is the lowest morning reading I've had since I was diagnosed a week ago. Feeling cruddy though adapting to the metformin.

Welcome to the forum. 6.9 is within range so you are doing well! There is lots of experience on taking metformin on the forum if needed. Many folks find the slow release version better. Hope you don't feel cruddy for too long.