Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Really enjoying this new insulin. Fbg 5.0 this morning. Hypo before bed due to novarapid too high. Less insulin today. I'm very very happy with Toujeo300 results so far. Now stabilty needed for here on in. On low fat diet. No snacks, supper or meals bigger than child portions. Not hungry and have skipped occasional meals, less insulin and less calories. Still unable to exercise just walk out most days. Heart working fast on an evening again. Hoping just need to reduce levothyroxine again. Seeing endocrologist 10 weeks time. I guess another blood test pre-appointment should show more. Too high levothyroxine level increases my blood pressure and palpatations so maybe I'm going back to pre-baby/pregnancy thyroid levels. Just goes to show nothing stays the same. :) :) :)
Water tummy less painful on an evening too. (Less insulin serum).

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope you treated your hypo hun. Your meter's 4.5 could be another meter's 3.9. Did you have breakfast straight away?
It wasn't hypo wobbly, but nervous wobbly ickihun. Still feel that way now even though I was up to 7 after breakfast.

But you have made me think that I do need to carry something fast acting with me when I do my morning walk - would be stupid to get into trouble that way. I'm assuming that I can't really hypo as I'm just on 1000mg met and my liver would kick in. But having dealt with hubby's hypos over the years I know that they are not as predictable as you'd hope.

So thank you for your concern - I'll dig out a packet of glucotabs just for me :)

Last edited:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
It wasn't hypo wobbly, but nervous wobbly ickihun. Still feel that way now even though I was up to 7 after breakfast.

But you have made me think that I do need to carry something fast acting with me when I do my morning walk - would be stupid to get into trouble that way. I'm assuming that I can't really hypo as I'm just on 1000mg met and my liver would kick in. But having dealt with hubby's hypos over the years I know that they are not as predictable as you'd hope.

So thank you for your concern - I'll dig out a packet of glucotabs just for me :)
Metformin takers can get hypos hun. Very sensible to carry something. Maybe time to reduce metformin via gp? Get good hba1c twice then push for lowering meds? Very well done. :) :) :)

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Metformin takers can get hypos hun. Very sensible to carry something. Maybe time to reduce metformin via gp? Get good hba1c twice then push for lowering meds? Very well done. :) :) :)

HbA1c is due at the start of July. I had originally thought that if I got a really good figure then, I would come off the met. I've never been one for taking tablets - and didn't really want to start them. But my first HbA1c was pretty dreadful, so I thought that even with big diet changes taking them would help things along. But then I realised that actually it does seem to be helping a lot with weight loss - before I was on met I was losing about 1.5kg a week, and currently it's more like 2.5kg. So I don't know now. Wait and see how I feel in 6 weeks I suppose.

Been a good girls and taken 2 packs of glucotabs from the meds cupboard - one for my going for a walk bag and one for my swimming bag :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
HbA1c is due at the start of July. I had originally thought that if I got a really good figure then, I would come off the met. I've never been one for taking tablets - and didn't really want to start them. But my first HbA1c was pretty dreadful, so I thought that even with big diet changes taking them would help things along. But then I realised that actually it does seem to be helping a lot with weight loss - before I was on met I was losing about 1.5kg a week, and currently it's more like 2.5kg. So I don't know now. Wait and see how I feel in 6 weeks I suppose.

Been a good girls and taken 2 packs of glucotabs from the meds cupboard - one for my going for a walk bag and one for my swimming bag :)
See what July hba1c says? Definitely looking like a cusp of no meds! ;)