Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
6.3 @ 5.15 am
Happy with that, considering the restless night I had, thought it might be more.
Sun shining, ready for me to go back to work after 16 days holiday, all mostly cloudy and wet!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Fbg 5.4 this morning and...... more weight loss. It's falling off on the right amount of insulin. :) :) :) Appetite is appeased too. :)
So happy to lose carb and protein cravings. Fingers crossed I can keep it that way!

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ours is on thursday. God knows what the rain clouds will do. Parents aren't allowed at ours due to fighting parents in the past. :eek: :(

Humph - rained in the morning, so had to postpone that one. We were going ahead with the afternoon, then there was a shower and soaked the grass again. So that was postponed too. Having a final try on Friday - then need to focus on Nursery Graduation day children sing songs in their mortar board hats (we make them from card) and then we have a garden party with parents, grandparents etc.

I know all about fighting parents - not at sports day fortunately :O

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I would not know, but I feel like **** this morning mate.

I washed my hands just before testing, as I had just been to the toilet.

I never ate anything different last night, just ram chops and veges with yoghurt for afters.

Lot's of I's in this post. :meh:
I have lergies. Very bad dizziness too. A sickness and cough bug going around here.
Are you around lergies at mo?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
4.5 at wake up, after switching from Metformin to Glilcazide yesterday. Bad taste in mouth has gone, and actually enjoyed a breakfast of porridge and chopped banana.
Oh god! Did the gliclazide cover the spike from them for you? Gliclazide forces your own pancreas to work harder to cover higher bgs. Many of us don't eat porriage for that reason. I don't eat banana either. Multivitamins+ mineral supplements support my potassium I lose from no bananas. Of course it is a personal choice. We are all different so you may not spike from that high carb breakfast. I hope not.