Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

rogerl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My HbA1c reading is 5.6. However my fasting sugar is always in the range of 7.5 to 8.0. I am taking Glucopghage 750XR every evening. I try different dosage but still cannot get my fasting super below 7.0. Why?

Reactions: 16 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning, out to a party last night, so feeding patterns were different but managed on the wine red.

Reactions: 17 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Morning 5.2 for me today. It's cold and sunny here perfect walking weather

Reactions: 15 people

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 this morning. Inappropriate buffet of sandwiches and crisps last night, along with a few beers and it shows up straight away this morning! It's not like I don't know how this works now, so why do I do it?

Maxwell

Reactions: 17 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Morning from a cold, snowy Newcastle. Footy this afternoon is gonna be a tad chilly. Time to get the thermals on me thinks. FBG on the low side today with a 3.9. Stotty-ball headache because of it too. Tea n toast coming up, which always helps. Have a great day folks.

image.jpeg

Reactions: 18 people

bigjohn9916

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
people who use abbreviations without explanation.
text speak.
4.8 :) or 4.2 when taken from a very cold finger.o_O

Reactions: 15 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
A common 7.3 after a lie in and snow flurries off and on. The kids waiting so they can make a snowman. My backache and neck/shoulder pains have to recover quickly. Painkillers today unfortunately.

Reactions: 18 people