Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Annieok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.2, same as it was when I went to bed last night. Off to Ireland today for a long weekend at my mum's. Can't wait to tell her that spuds are forever off the menu!

Reactions: 20 people

bigjohn9916

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
people who use abbreviations without explanation.
text speak.
5.2 :greedy: chips, building up stores for the cold and snow.:rolleyes:

Reactions: 17 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Having my lunch. At 7am my fbg was 5.8 mmol/l. Another good reading for me.

Reactions: 23 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Hi folks. Hope everyone is doing ok. Been soooo busy & just haven't had time to post recently. Such is life!! FBG 4.8 this morning. And another toffee apple for elevenses. Very yum! :D

image.jpeg

Reactions: 24 people

Di Adams

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Did not take my readings this morning, went back to sleep, was so very tired, finally done 1st test at 2.40pm, approx 4 hrs after eaten porridge, (when finally got up and did some housework, remembered i hadn't eaten Brekkie) levels were 5.5mmol/L

Reactions: 17 people

Kojo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My fbg was 7.3 this morning from 6.8 at bedtime. I experience a higher fbg in the morning if it was lower the night before and vice- versa. Am on Glucovance 500/5 twice a day.

Reactions: 13 people

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
5.7 this morning fasting,had pasta last night and expected it to be higher.

Reactions: 16 people

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
5.8 this morning...getting reasonably consistent now with the under 6.5 morning starts. This helped my the 11.30 level measured by my renal doctor (6.9) at my 6 week clinic to support my long held belief that I am not an idiot who randomly chucked his meds in favour of a diet only approach; the last reading being 16.9. Happy with that! Love to see smug faces change to one with raised eyebrows..never get tired of that. Interestingly, my new kidney function has also improved. Hmm...

Reactions: 19 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning. The atrocious weather woke me so early but at least it meant I remembered my early morning blood . 6.6

I hope everyone has a good day:)

Reactions: 16 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
7.3 this AM. That's high for me but expected because I decided "what the hell" last night and joined in with beer & pizza.

Reactions: 19 people