Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
4.7 this morning - was expecting it to be higher than that - considering dinner last night was at mums (pork, potatoes, Yorkshire pud, followed by apple pudding - which she doesn't make very often - and I am not prepared to give it up - even for diabetes!).

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
5.9 @ 5.17am

I even managed to get 6hrs 37 mins of sleep, only awake for 53 mins in total during the night.
Another walking day to work, too windy and wet still to cycle. So glad I have great waterproof clothing![/QUOTE

Wind dropped and no rain by 6.30 so cycled the long way.

Bernie44

Hi @Bernie44 and welcome to the forum. Are you Type 2 diabetic? T2s should aim for a fasting blood glucose (fbg) of 4-7 mmol/L. So you are a little high, but not too high. You should be able to get it into target range fairly easily.
Thanks for the reply yes that was my overnight fasting blood test, I suffer from severe fatigue about an hour after I eat anything and I am trying to find the cause.... :(

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the reply yes that was my overnight fasting blood test, I suffer from severe fatigue about an hour after I eat anything and I am trying to find the cause.... :(

I had that too when my blood glucose was still very high, then I was overwhelmed by fatigue in my brain like 30 minutes to 1 hour after eating , as soon as I got my numbers back down under 6mmol area in general and stopped eating very high carb foods it went away.
my best advice is count the number of grams of carbs you eat in a day , and try not to be over 150 grams in total
most will get their numbers very much down in that way rather fast, if that is not enough then go under 100 grams in total.

if you eat a breakfast totally without any carbs or almost without carbs then it will become much easier to gain control.

like cheese and ham (no bread ) or omelet with mushrooms and tomato, half an avocado with taco-sauce, bacon and eggs .. and so on..

Bernie44

I had that too when my blood glucose was still very high, then I was overwhelmed by fatigue in my brain like 30 minutes to 1 hour after eating , as soon as I got my numbers back down under 6mmol area in general and stopped eating very high carb foods it went away.
my best advice is count the number of grams of carbs you eat in a day , and try not to be over 150 grams in total
most will get their numbers very much down in that way rather fast, if that is not enough then go under 100 grams in total.

if you eat a breakfast totally without any carbs or almost without carbs then it will become much easier to gain control.

like cheese and ham (no bread ) or omelet with mushrooms and tomato, half an avocado with taco-sauce, bacon and eggs .. and so on..

Thanks for the info sorry the site keeps logging me out then doesn't recognise me when I log back in unless I come in on the confirm your account email.
I have taken my bloods three times today to see if it shows anything and I am trying to be wary of my carbs but I eat on the run as I travel with work so not regular meal times and I have allergies so just having to make the diet fit, its not an easy start but sure it will come in time

Fasting overnight bloods 7.8
2hrs after eating bfast 8.6
2hrs after lunch very drowsy 8.0

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I do have to sleep on an afternoon. We have to paint all woodwork and walls. It will take us months. Then I want new doors put on. Poor mr ickihun. He cannot finish a job so I'll be finishing off behind him. As usual. ;) only trouble is my pace is a snails pace.
Wish me luck for having it done in a year?
Hallway is desperate.
It's taken over a yr for mr ickihun to paint bathroom. Loft hatch needs sanding down, primed and painted before I can put up new shower curtain rail and kids fav shower curtain up, replacing shower screen.
I'll be mostly supervising. ;)
I know off topic, so sorry to all, but I wish you luck Vicky, Time is relative...:rolleyes: