Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
You won't know what to do with yourself!! (Sleep?)
I do have to sleep on an afternoon. We have to paint all woodwork and walls. It will take us months. Then I want new doors put on. Poor mr ickihun. He cannot finish a job so I'll be finishing off behind him. As usual. ;) only trouble is my pace is a snails pace.
Wish me luck for having it done in a year?
Hallway is desperate.
It's taken over a yr for mr ickihun to paint bathroom. Loft hatch needs sanding down, primed and painted before I can put up new shower curtain rail and kids fav shower curtain up, replacing shower screen.
I'll be mostly supervising. ;)

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
5.6 this morning.
Life's been a bit hectic. We've adopted a rescue dog and I've spent the last week settling him in. This includes 6am walks so I haven't been fitting in my FBG tests. We're starting to get into a routine now.

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Still 8.2, wonder if my meter is stuck! I have a nasty water infection, am taking antibiotics and my doc has taken me off canagliflozin so that it can clear up. Medication to be reviewed at diabetic clinic next week. Expect some interesting numbers until then. Doc pretty convinced he has found the culprit for the recurrent UTIs, pleased about that. 5.9.17

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all 5.1 @ 06.00 off to Spain tonight for 2 weeks lets hope the weather is better over there? Have a great day all:)
Enjoy your holiday perry1960, whatever the weather.:happy:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.1 on this rather damp morning.

"Not diabetes but try hoovering the smoke alarm. Little bugs moving on the sensors may be tripping it. Thunderflies were a big problem in one house I had"

Did try that but to no avail contractor replaced them all yesterday so had a more peaceful night last night. :)

Last edited:

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Dawn effect... question !

Why am I lead to believe I need my bloods under 5.5 mmol/l in the morning. Surly I need a sugar boost to get me out of bed and up and running. It's like trying to start a car with a flat battery. ( sorry if in the wrong thread)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app
You only need a teaspoon of sugar in your system at any given time which is circa 5 grams. You can run on fat if you low carb. I will not eat until around 4 or 5 and will do 2 workouts fasted. http://www.bloodsugarbattles.com/normal-blood-sugar-levels.html.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi Im a newbie to all of this first test ever !
7.8 fasting - is this good or bad ??

Hi @Bernie44 and welcome to the forum. Are you Type 2 diabetic? T2s should aim for a fasting blood glucose (fbg) of 4-7 mmol/L. So you are a little high, but not too high. You should be able to get it into target range fairly easily.