Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

Mines fallen to 8.2 today, and my 16 day average of all results has hit 6.85, which is the highest its been for over 2 years.

I'm blaming the lack of exercise and the painkillers I'm taking to try and deal with a couple of other problems, but off to the Docs tomorrow to see if I need to make any changes.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
This is not an easy thing for me to admit/confess/share but my blood readings this morning are the highest I've seen for a year / since I was aware that I am carbohydrate intolerant / diabetic. I did have a very long drive yesterday ( left at 4;30 AM , returned at 6pm having clocked up 500 miles +), however my sugars have been creeping up over the last week. This morning they are 6.9. My plan is to try to take it a bit easier over the next few days, do a bit of calorie restriction, swop from the morning cycle ride to walking and hope for the best while keeping my fingers crossed and eyes open.....Have a great day if you can....
I'll pm you if possible. Sounds like liver dumping from exercise causing higher bgs. Cycling too stressful, maybe walking will be more relaxing but a positive reduction of average bgs?

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
2 weeks after returning from France .... drum roll please, 5.8 :):):)

Worth been a naught boy as it didn't take long to recover.

And thanks @ickihun for prompting me to post again - felt a bit bad as I was a little high, now realise I can't be a poster boy diabetic all the time ;)

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
I'll pm you if possible. Sounds like liver dumping from exercise causing higher bgs. Cycling too stressful, maybe walking will be more relaxing but a positive reduction of average bgs?
Hi , thanks for your thoughts. From what I read walking is classified as a weight bearing exercise unlike cycling so this may have an impact as well.

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is not an easy thing for me to admit/confess/share but my blood readings this morning are the highest I've seen for a year / since I was aware that I am carbohydrate intolerant / diabetic. I did have a very long drive yesterday ( left at 4;30 AM , returned at 6pm having clocked up 500 miles +), however my sugars have been creeping up over the last week. This morning they are 6.9. My plan is to try to take it a bit easier over the next few days, do a bit of calorie restriction, swop from the morning cycle ride to walking and hope for the best while keeping my fingers crossed and eyes open.....Have a great day if you can....
Take it easy honey. Please don't beat yourself up. 6.9 is not dreadful.

Reactions: OrsonKartt

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All

Mines fallen to 8.2 today, and my 16 day average of all results has hit 6.85, which is the highest its been for over 2 years.

I'm blaming the lack of exercise and the painkillers I'm taking to try and deal with a couple of other problems, but off to the Docs tomorrow to see if I need to make any changes.
Hope you get some good news tomorrow.

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
2 weeks after returning from France .... drum roll please, 5.8 :):):)

Worth been a naught boy as it didn't take long to recover.

And thanks @ickihun for prompting me to post again - felt a bit bad as I was a little high, now realise I can't be a poster boy diabetic all the time ;)
Welcome back. Missed ya. Ta @ickihun for nudging him:)

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
After a run in the low 5s, this mornings reading around 7am was 6.9 for no reason I can think of other than bad karma for swearing at my cat. I had no idea the wee spoiled a-hole's treatment had such control over my blood sugars. I am not giving in though... she is not allowed to swipe at me after being all purry and sweet to lead me into thinking she is not a psycho. Let's see what not talking to her all day will do to my level tomorrow.