Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
6.2 @ 7am
Not bad after wedding breakfast and wedding cake yesterday. All went well until the trio of deserts came along!
Sciatica really bad yesterday, so could only do the slower ceilidh dances, Strip The Willow (Orkney style) was a total no no :( so sat and watched instead.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
This is not an easy thing for me to admit/confess/share but my blood readings this morning are the highest I've seen for a year / since I was aware that I am carbohydrate intolerant / diabetic. I did have a very long drive yesterday ( left at 4;30 AM , returned at 6pm having clocked up 500 miles +), however my sugars have been creeping up over the last week. This morning they are 6.9. My plan is to try to take it a bit easier over the next few days, do a bit of calorie restriction, swop from the morning cycle ride to walking and hope for the best while keeping my fingers crossed and eyes open.....Have a great day if you can....