Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
A 6.4 this morning. Raised to 7.4 as needed to help kids before sorting myself out. Had my walk so just need to call bariatric unit nurse about the theory of my suspicious stomach only bloating not obesity related being confirmed yesterday by an old bariatric nurse at perfect 15th annual review.

Last edited:

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
5.6 this morning down from 6.7 yesterday morning. A very happy day for me as today is the first time of recording blood glucose below 6.

Nice. What ever you are doing keep doing it.

Reactions: davidopong

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
@Bluebell68 Hello and welcome to the Forum :) Here, in my signature, is the Basic Information we give to new members and I hope you will find it useful. Ask questions when you need to and someone will help. See also the link to the Low Carb Program.

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
A 6.4 this morning. Raised to 7.4 as needed to help kids before sorting myself out. Had my walk so just need to call bariatric unit nurse about the theory of my suspicious stomach only bloating not obesity related being confirmed yesterday by an old bariatric nurse at perfect 15th annual review.

Ickihun, you seem to have a lot going on and I hope it gets sorted out eventually. Take good care of yourself.

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
9.2 today, ate very small yesterday, like most days I skipped breakfast, lunch was a sausage, egg, and slice of bacon, dinner was 2 slices of Edam cheese with a slice of ham in between, my non bread sandwich, but..... I had half a cup of black Forrest fruits with some double cream, I was hungry mid evening and had half a cup of cashew nuts, otherwise, that was it. I bought the fruit frozen from Aldi, could the fruit cause the spike ?

Mostly like the fruit is the culprit, as from my experience.

Reactions: OrsonKartt

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
11.3 this morning. The gliclazide doesn't seem to have an effect on my morning readings but my pre dinner reading was 5.4.
The 11.3 in my experience is more in keeping with what to expect your hba1c to be than any pre meal reading so try and concentrate on getting that 11.3 down. Mine was that over Xmas as I'd reduced my basal insulin too early, as well.
Keep trying to stick to lower carb and when you get 6s, you've arrived at the magic low carb eating for you.
I wish I had this forum before insulin.

Reactions: bigjim19

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I do almonds walnuts and Brazil's with no problems. As you say they are a great fill in but also contain some really good nutrients and great fibre!

brazil nuts are so rich in selenium that they can easily become poisonous... a small person cant eat more than 3 a day and max 4 for the bigger bodies.. selenium is healthy in a smaller amount and also help to lower the cancer risk, but become poisonous in a not much higher dose..

Reactions: Keesha

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
brazil nuts are so rich in selenium that they can easily become poisonous... a small person cant eat more than 3 a day and max 4 for the bigger bodies.. selenium is healthy in a smaller amount and also help to lower the cancer risk, but become poisonous in a not much higher dose..

Please would you give references or a link to this rather alarming comment. Thank you

Reactions: Freema