Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
3.4 @ 07.12 (seems like the combination of walking and push-ups confuses the body - 3.5 miles with 200 push-ups (4 x 25, plus 5 x 20))
Is that a daily routine? You must be insanely fit if that is a morning work out. Just amazing the dedication people on here show. All day long I will feel totally shamed now!

Reactions: Happyhomelands

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. Yesterday's higher number seems to have been a blip probably brought on by too much carb at dinner - or this crazy condition just being random! Anyhow, as The Bard (tm) might have said "by the pricking of my thumbs I make sure nothing evil this way comes" Bit early for comfort eating goonergal, wait till Saturday night at least!

Who said anything about comfort eating? :)

Edited to say that at least with Montezuma's 100% Absolute Black, there are only 8g carbs in the bar, so eating three quarters of it doesn't do too much damage!

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Meant humorously and her fbgs are usually brilliant as is her hard work and discipline. Personally, I can see us losing I don't think Potch is completely the real deal.

Getting your defence in first! I'm not too optimistic, it has to be said.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad to see we remain virtual friends. Nearest Sainsbury's to me is Huntingdon and if the world had piles Huntingdon could very well be it.
Edit: Waitrose have the orange and geranium one which sounds very tempting. Can't find any nutritional analysis though. The trouble is what is on Waitrose website is not always in my local store. A 45/50 mile round trip to the very upmarket Cambridge branch just for a bar of chocolate seems excessive!

Last edited:

david1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Edit: Waitrose have the orange and geranium one which sounds very tempting. Can't find any nutritional analysis though. The trouble is what is on Waitrose website is not always in my local store. A 45/50 mile round trip to the very upmarket Cambridge branch just for a bar of chocolate seems excessive!

Per 100g

Energy 574kcal/2378kJ, Fat 44g of which saturates 27g, Carbohydrate 31g of which sugars 25g, Fibre 11g, Protein 8g, Salt 0.04g

Compared to Absolute Black:

Per 100g:

Energy 601kcal/2477kJ, Fat 54g of which saturates 33g, Carbohydrates 8g of which sugars <0.5g, Protein 12g, Fibre 17g, Salt 0.02g

and Lindt 90%:

Typical Values Per 100g: Energy, 2483 kJ / 592 kcal. Fat, 55 g. - of which saturates, 30 g. Carbohydrate, 14 g. - of which sugars, 7,0 g. Protein, 10 g. Salt, 0,03 g.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
today at 8:30 6.3 mmol a bit higher than usual, and the only reason is to much calories yesterday.. around 3000 and that is far too many calories for me. today have been off for fitness burning the obligatory 2000 calories which give me space for eating more of what I love... hope tomorrows number will be much lower

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 308541

5.1 at 4:50 am.

Echo cardiogram results were great, he has put me on a new medication Tambocor 50mg twice a day, and decreased my Digoxin to three a day. He gave me new Oximeter to test my spo2 and heart rate with for free as my old one is playing up.

The cardiologist is a great person to talk to, makes you feel welcome from the start, but I'm still no nearer finding out why I cannot lay on my back for any length of time without going into AFib though.

Hope all goes well
Thanks Janet, all good news. Yayyyyyyyyyyy!

Hope to hear good news. My cardiac angiogram was. Palpitations treated well by meds and still only in a hypo situation which I don't mind, better than no hypo awareness. My body is used to doubled betablockers now, I feel. Still get heavy chest due to breathing flare up, on occasion. I've never smoked but have asthma. :(
All good Icki.

Edit: Clarity.

Last edited by a moderator:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 at 4:50 am.

Echo cardiogram results were great, he has put me on a new medication Tambocor 50mg twice a day, and decreased my Digoxin to three a day. He gave me new Oximeter to test my spo2 and heart rate with for free as my old one is playing up.

Sounds like a good day, I bet you are pleased., I only know you from this forum but I am pleased for you,