Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Good morning. 7.2 this morning. It was 6.2 before bedtime. Looks like hunger has a negative effect on blood glucose. I had been hungry before bedtime and didn't want to drink anything so I could get my blood glucose below 6 this morning. Woke up with severe hunger and elevated blood sugar too
The lovely liver knew you were starving yourself. Next time eat a fatty protein??

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
If I didnt have insulin mine would be nearing 20s or 30s hun! You do brilliantly. This weather effects us all with extra stress and lack of walking.
Painkillers have started to give me some relief. Yipee! :)

Reactions: DJC3

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Seems that if I just eat with no walking (snowed in) I hover in the high 4's. Forgot to add that I also had a bowl of berries (what a hog). I know I have some slack as I am enjoying the nuts still and could cut down by half (3-400 calories). Ultimately I will have a similar main meal and one further plate with a sensible mix, something like a single low carb pancake, a dollop of yogurt, 300 calories of nuts and a smattering of berries.
I remember when I was super fit and able like you. I wish I'd known about low carb eating then thou.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Old_screw

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Smug self-absorbed celebrities, politicians of every stripe, rudeness and lager.
6.5 this morning. Very disappointing as I have lost 5 pounds in the last two weeks with no difference to my morning reading. I was hoping to drop into the 5's where I have'nt been for some time. I'll have to keep trying.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
6.5 this morning. Very disappointing as I have lost 5 pounds in the last two weeks with no difference to my morning reading. I was hoping to drop into the 5's where I have'nt been for some time. I'll have to keep trying.
Have you tested before eating and 2 hours after eating to see if it could be something you've eaten like carbs, the 6.5 BG reading if it was the first test of the day could be what is known on here has a Dawn phenomenon lots have this reaction but it lowers generally later in morning depends on what you eat. I'll tag @daisy1 for you while it's been awhile since you where last on here she will send you type2 information sheet will be very helpful to you! K

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning fella. There is a lag between changes such as weight loss and differences in blood glucose levels. You are doing the right thing in making changes and testing to see the effect. Best I can compare is to following a route which doesn't seem to be taking you where you want to go or not fast enough. You need to trust, keep going unless and until the signposts (fbgs etc) show totally the wrong direction.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
If I didnt have insulin mine would be nearing 20s or 30s hun! You do brilliantly. This weather effects us all with extra stress and lack of walking.
Painkillers have started to give me some relief. Yipee! :)
Cornwall 20,s and 30,s is very high.
Am so glad the painkillers are now giving you relief x