Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
11.5. Guess that chocolate bar was not a good idea!

Don’t know what sort of chocolate you like best but I’ve ‘trained’ myself to prefer the very dark type - usually fewer carbs so less of an impact on bg.

Aldi do a good 85% cocoa one called Moser Roth. It comes in a pack of 5 small (25g) bars, less than 5g carbs per bar so perfectly portion controlled.
Good luck.

Scotsdude

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Don’t know what sort of chocolate you like best but I’ve ‘trained’ myself to prefer the very dark type - usually fewer carbs so less of an impact on bg.
Aldi do a good 85% cocoa one called Moser Roth. It comes in a pack of 5 small (25g) bars, less than 5g carbs per bar so perfectly portion controlled.
Good luck.

Sounds good to me and I have an Aldi a mile away approx

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 this morning, got back from Hols in Iceland yesterday so time to take control again!

@Freema I hope your gout is better today, my dad had it and said it was the most painful thing he’d ever experienced so I completely sympathise.

@peony50 well done and continuing good luck to you to improve with diet and exercise.

it is a bit better now with the gout, but it does take away some of my spirit for going out for a walk... but I will anyways tomorrow.. hope for sunshine tomorrow and lots of joy from that..

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
3.8 at 06.32 (still tinkering - 2 meals 16 / 6 IF. Was at 5.2 a few hours after meal. 20 minutes static bike circa 75 rpm, then 30 seconds all out (HiiT) 4 times with minute rests. 2 small sets of heavy weights for less than 3 mins.)