Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, 8.6 today. Not surprised by this as yesterday I could not face eating meat so had a jacket potato. Before eating it my reading was 5.7, 2 hours afterwards it was 12. Back to eating LCHF but avoiding chicken for a while ;) So difficult finding a WOE that suits both my blood sugars and my digestive system, but it’s early days.

How about cheese? A cheese omlette or fried halloumi with avocado and salad. Fish is also great, salmon in particular, is versatile and filling and packed with good stuff.

Good luck with it. I had the same sort of shock when I ate just one small slice of dark rye bread on holiday - a massive spike, quite depressing.

Reactions: peony50

peony50

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How about cheese? A cheese omlette or fried halloumi with avocado and salad. Fish is also great, salmon in particular, is versatile and filling and packed with good stuff.

Good luck with it. I had the same sort of shock when I ate just one small slice of dark rye bread on holiday - a massive spike, quite depressing.

Ooh, these sound good. I hadn’t thought of halloumi, and I have just discovered how nice an avocado can be. I was surprised how high a not particularly large potato affected me. Oh, and rye bread, I used to love this too.

Many thanks for the suggestions. I bought some mackerel today, but will have when OH is out, as he is not a fish lover.

Reactions: DJC3 and ianpspurs

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
6.1 from 4.8 goin to bed last night . But had strawberries and raspberries and double cream only 10 raspberries and 2 strawberries but that must have done it

Possible, but unlikely .... as has been said, it's a natural body response. Don't draw conclusions just yet

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@peony50 try shredded lettuce topped with some sliced tomato and cucumber, topped with sliced avocado and prawn cocktail. Delicious

Reactions: peony50

Lynnzhealth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.4, fasting. It's usually been in the 5s. Could having a couple of Keto Choc Chip Cookies/tea at 7:00 pm the night before cause this? Or, usual restless sleep, head cold do it? I must admit these little spikes make me nervous although both my physician and Diabetic Educator told me not to sweat the small stuff. The A1C is what matters in the end.

Lynnzhealth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.3 this Friday morning at 7.10 AM.

I have a cold coming on but I think the veggies I'm eating are delaying it haha. It's still cold here in Canada take care

I've had a cold for the past month and yes, it's cold/snowy/raining here on PEI, Canada as I type. Come on SPRING!!

Reactions: bigjim19