Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thanks Janet - so would I if I either knew the reason or hadn't mainly been in the 4s recently. High for me again 2nd reading. I can't figure out the message my body is giving me - feed or starve more exercise or rest? Very confusing :banghead:
If feed or starve it don't effect fbg til weeks later. Exercise or rest depends on if that exercise is stressful. Has to be none stressful exercise... to you.
At one stage me getting dressed into swimming costume in tiny cubicle with 2 small kids was stressful. I've changed swimming pool.

Reactions: Freema

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Fbg 7.4 this morning.
Have severe swellings all over body now but stomach area less so. Its off increasing walking on dihydrocodeine. I'm enjoying getting out and new chairs in garden. Kids are nearly over the novelty of them.
Cannot go swimming this weekend either as logistics won't work out with none swimming 5yr old. :(
Might have to go mid-week without them. :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If feed or starve it don't effect fbg til weeks later. Exercise or rest depends on if that exercise is stressful. Has to be none stressful exercise... to you.
Thanks ickihun. For me today will be a whatever it takes day - if I need to exercise all day, eat a good meal or fast and stay up into the small hours after fasting all day I will keep testing every 2 hours until I get a level I am happy with for at least 2 consecutive readings - seems I'm just wired that way:banghead: Had to settle for 5.3 and admit defeat/ off colour and move on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Debandez and Freema

Absxx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
22.6 despite being on gliclazide my Diabetes in nov 17 was well controlled with hba1c being 49 then in feb I started feeling really tired and it had gone up to 83. Nothing has changed eating wise. Lost 2 stone in weight. Worried may be stupidly that this maybe the result of a tumour as any meds I have tried aren’t touching the sugars