Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good morning everyone. Had a very high carb meal yesterday as well as too much of it, and this morning my fbs is 6.3! It just shows me that eating a high carb meal and too much of it is a no no for all diabetics. Eat in moderation and choose carbs wisely is key to good control of our dreaded disease.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So will you be going back to taking Metformin?

No for 2 reasons , the first because I need to be higher in HbA1c before my GP may pescribe them to me , the second reason is my own ; the metformin tampers with my TSH levels ( thyrodea stimulating hormones ) so that it seems my metabolism is much higher than it in fact is ; which Leeds to my GP prescribing a too low dose of levothyroxine for me and me gaining around a 1 kg a week , my GP is so fixed on my TSH levels that she won’t listen to my arguments and also don’t see what a personal disaster it is to me gaining 1 kg a week she just closes her ears ... so no I need my metabolism to have the true levels of TSH, and the cost here is I get a higher HbA1c , but my last was 36 and I expect my next one to be around 38