Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 today after 3 days no Metformin. Not long enough to judge how its going and such a meh level not conclusive either way.
@ally1 another fine and dandy 8 going on. @JanetMcDowell just seeing your posts gives me the Take it Easy earworm all day:angelic::angelic:

I missed the coming off metformin post - is it your decision or did your doc advise?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I missed the coming off metformin post - is it your decision or did your doc advise?
@DJC3 It was my decision to see what happened for a week or 2. I only have Hba1c every 6 months so I can experiment just now with no impact there. My review meeting was today and nursey was saying numbers were good enough and level of metformin was low enough to allow me to give it a go with their blessing - now I am very worried:angelic:

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 It was my decision to see what happened for a week or 2. I only have Hba1c every 6 months so I can experiment just now with no impact there. My review meeting was today and nursey was saying numbers were good enough and level of metformin was low enough to allow me to give it a go with their blessing - now I am very worried:angelic:

Hmm it’s an idea Ive been toying with too but from reading a few of the posts on here over the last couple of months it does seem that metformin has some sort of buffering effect, levels dont seem very consistent after coming off it but maybe that’s just a short term thing.
I’ll watch your progress with interest ( I’m obviously too much of a wuss to try myself yet).
The other thing that’s stopped me coming off it isthe possibility of beneficial side effects: decreased risk of bowel cancer and heart disease apparently so it’s hard to know what to do for the best.
Good luck with it, I’ll look out for your posts with extra eagerness now.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
yes diet and all you have said, my mum who is 92 and I look after daily is ill with chest infection and had to stay at hers so diet went out the window any change in routine seems to send me off course, am waiting for a house change which is very stressfull as the solicitors do not seem to want to move rush so all in all stress and many factors need looking at ...mega hugz forgot to add reading argghhh 8.1 this am

Reactions: bigjim19 and DJC3