Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi I started with accuchek but the strips are quite costly so switched to Tee2 which you can get free and the test strips are £7.95 for a pit of 50
Visit www.spirit-healthcare.co.uk
Good customer service and very quick delivery, I’ve been using them since January, no problems with meter, strips or delivery
Hope this helps you?

Grant1969

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and my personal inabilities.
Thanks again, I need to educate myself more and open my mouth at the hospital, sorry for the spraffing derail but y'all may have saved some limbs and for that I thank thee with all my heart.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Are strips expensive in the UK? In Canada, it is $89.70 for 100 strips.
I pay £5.98 per tub of 50, by buying 5 or 10 tubs at a time with discount codes for Code Free strips from Home Health. That works out at $20.36 Canadian dollars for 100 strips, so compared to you we get off lightly by the looks of it!

James13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Purely out of interest, those of you who live in the U.K.,do you have to buy your own meters, testing strips etc, or is this all supplied by the nhs? I left Scotland to live in Switzerland 40+ years ago and am somewhat out of touch, but it still interests me. Appreciate if anyone could take the time to bring me up to date. Sleep well
I buy my own. My GP reluctant to fund testing. I use an AccuChek Mobile and get the 50 use cassettes on Ebay for about £14.

Down-Jai 001

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I buy my own. My GP reluctant to fund testing. I use an AccuChek Mobile and get the 50 use cassettes on Ebay for about £14.
This is a good machine, my DN gave me 4 weeks ago
(I am on insulin ) although I always get them both on the NHS funding, every year : I do swim 22for Diabetic UK Charity .