Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning. Hope that means my exercising is making a difference and its not just a fluke
No fluke. Remember Prof Redknapp's book - just eat yer ****** greens and move abart a bit:angelic: (Got him houses on Sandbanks so must be good advice)

Last edited:

Grant1969

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and my personal inabilities.
6.0 for myself, yesterday's waddle was educational as I still have a walking stick after an accident years ago, I ventured without the stick because I don't need it, as most men will understand, and lets just say I made it back but only just, hehe, sooo my new conundrum is with or without and which waddle I take, WOOP, WOOP luvin' life and its intricacies.

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
5.9 at 0600hrs . I’ve only now gained access to Forum -
kept getting a ‘not available’ error message.

Yeah it seemed to be down last night I couldn’t get on either

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I pay £5.98 per tub of 50, by buying 5 or 10 tubs at a time with discount codes for Code Free strips from Home Health. That works out at $20.36 Canadian dollars for 100 strips, so compared to you we get off lightly by the looks of it!

Rachox, thanks for the information. It is really interesting to note and compare prices and countries. I agree, it is expensive in Canada compared to Britain and other countries. How are diabetics going to monitor their blood sugars if the strips are so expensive and the lower income people are unable to afford them? They don't care, do they?

Ally Pally

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
The colour pink!
Rachox, thanks for the information. It is really interesting to note and compare prices and countries. I agree, it is expensive in Canada compared to Britain and other countries. How are diabetics going to monitor their blood sugars if the strips are so expensive and the lower income people are unable to afford them? They don't care, do they?

In Switzerland the test strips are also expensive - a tub of 50 strips (Contour Next) costs equivalent of £45. This is why I’m glad my sickness insurance pays mine. Most foreign suppliers will not ship to Switzerland.

Reactions: Down-Jai 001