Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, still feel rubbish with this cold refusing to move along!
6.2 today
Hope everyone has a good day.
Hope the cold soon clears @jayney27. I have never known how long a cold should last according to the know it alls and I also suspect the combo of diabetes and LC complicates matters. Not leaving the house would please me immensely but I feel for you as you obviously have more love for the outside world.

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 @ 7.30am which is good considering we had a family celebration last night involving many beers and an end of night kebab! Really don't understand how these readings can produce such unexpected results. In my defence I did run 4 miles yesterday so maybe that helped to keep the figures down? Strange.....
sound similar to my day i didnt think that my figures would be so low

James13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all.

Not posted for a few days. Embarassed that my readings were in the 8s. I'd forgotten to take my metformin while on leave and got too complacent with the food.

Back to work tomorrow and this mornings reading was a more respectable 6.9.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
O sir, to wilful (wo)men,
The injuries that they themselves procure
Must be their schoolmasters :angelic:

Yes, entirely self inflicted. I’ll stick to tandoori something mext time rather than second guessing low carb options.
Shame though.

brassyblonde900

Type of diabetes
Type 2
4.8@ 07:15
Mindless munching gets me every time.
I was doing some work downstairs, and went roaming in the kitchen at midnight.
As soon as I spied some roast sprouts, in the fridge, I took one...it tasted nice. I took another, it was even nicer
Soon the whole bowl was at my desk, with a generous squirt of sriracha hot sauce.
I scoffed the whole 250g of brussel sprouts there and then, at almost 01:00AM.
Luckily it did not knock me out of Ketosis. I went from 2 to 1.6 on my meter.
:arghh::arghh:I never learn.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8@ 07:15
Mindless munching gets me every time.
I was doing some work downstairs, and went roaming in the kitchen at midnight.
As soon as I spied some roast sprouts, in the fridge, I took one...it tasted nice. I took another, it was even nicer
Soon the whole bowl was at my desk, with a generous squirt of sriracha hot sauce.
I scoffed the whole 250g of brussel sprouts there and then, at almost 01:00AM.
Luckily it did not knock me out of Ketosis. I went from 2 to 1.6 on my meter.
:arghh::arghh:I never learn.
If that is a problem many of us would love such tribulations - but it is all a question of personal targets and what works for us best. Roast sprouts @ 01.00 how very bohemian:angelic: Absolutely love this forum:):)

brassyblonde900

Type of diabetes
Type 2
If that is a problem many of us would love such tribulations - but it is all a question of personal targets and what works for us best. Roast sprouts @ 01.00 how very bohemian:angelic: Absolutely love this forum:):)
Not too long ago my excursion into that cavernous entity known as 'the fridge' would have entailed some kind of dalliance with any number of baked goods, Ice cream and a microwave. Thank God for small mercies. T2DM sure saved my life. As my girth expanded, I despaired at ever being able to get a grip on my runaway appetite. Little did I know IR was hard at work, unknown to me.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not too long ago my excursion into that cavernous entity known as 'the fridge' would have entailed some kind of dalliance with any number of baked goods, Ice cream and a microwave. Thank God for small mercies. T2DM sure saved my life. As my girth expanded, I despaired at ever being able to get a grip on my runaway appetite. Little did I know IR was hard at work, unknown to me.
Good post and probably resonates with soo many members. Absolutely love your username and turn of phrase:):)

Reactions: brassyblonde900