Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 at 5:10 am.

Getting ready today for the trick and treaters tonight, all healthy stuff for the treats, and a dousing with hose for the trickers.

I watched a Bob Marley docco the day and he liked his ganja as well...
To be honest I have never used anything other than prescription drugs

D

Deleted member 308541

To be honest I have never used anything other than prescription drugs
Same here...
el8jq.gif

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I need to look into recipes for low carb bread that I can make in my bread maker, I’m too attached to the memories of coming home or waking up to fresh bread to get rid of it.
hi janey ive found an easy low carb bread recipe ... its on palaowithmrsp,com its based on linseed which i didnt have but i ground up some almonds ,pumpkin seeds .sunflower seeds and chia seeds that came to 225 grams teaspoon of baking powder four eggs make into a batter put into a greased loaf tin @ 180 degrees for 40 minutes...... bit like a cake i suppose went well with butter when i do it again would put caraway seeds in as well... its a winner!

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm with you @ianpspurs on the new pot of strips thing( unless my body hasn't caught up with the clocks yet!)! 6.4 @ 07.43 today :bag::arghh::(
Well I won't be reading for the next couple of weeks: it's our Wedding Anniversary at the end of the week & we're off to Cyprus to celebrate our 44 years the day after tomorrow!:):snaphappy::happy::D

Congratulations and have a great trip.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
hi janey ive found an easy low carb bread recipe ... its on palaowithmrsp,com its based on linseed which i didnt have but i ground up some almonds ,pumpkin seeds .sunflower seeds and chia seeds that came to 225 grams teaspoon of baking powder four eggs make into a batter put into a greased loaf tin @ 180 degrees for 40 minutes...... bit like a cake i suppose went well with butter when i do it again would put caraway seeds in as well... its a winner!
Thank you so much I will give this a go, it sounds good. I’ve made a couple of low carb bread recipes but you are right they are more like a cake, I think the trick is to spread thickly with butter. I love pumpkin seeds in bread though so this is worth trying.
On my recent holiday I relaxed my eating a little bit and indulged in bread, there was an amazing one served in the dinning room as part of the bread basket, very dark in colour with some seeds and little bits of raisins, OMG it was delicious, thankfully there was only ever 1 slice in the basket hehe

Reactions: ianpspurs

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you so much I will give this a go, it sounds good. I’ve made a couple of low carb bread recipes but you are right they are more like a cake, I think the trick is to spread thickly with butter. I love pumpkin seeds in bread though so this is worth trying.
On my recent holiday I relaxed my eating a little bit and indulged in bread, there was an amazing one served in the dinning room as part of the bread basket, very dark in colour with some seeds and little bits of raisins, OMG it was delicious, thankfully there was only ever 1 slice in the basket hehe
the bread you describe sounds similar to one i had in a hotel buffet in riga but def had either caraway seeds or dill ? in it

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
the bread you describe sounds similar to one i had in a hotel buffet in riga but def had either caraway seeds or dill ? in it
Bread is my biggest temptation, I always enjoyed lovely fresh bread but now that it’s really off limits I realise how much I loved it. I can quite easily say no to cake or chips but bread is a massive temptation still.

Reactions: Geoffno6 and Freema

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bread is my biggest temptation, I always enjoyed lovely fresh bread but now that it’s really off limits I realise how much I loved it. I can quite easily say no to cake or chips but bread is a massive temptation still.
i am resisting wheat bread quite well.. i agree i really used to love it .. this bread ive just done is most moreish..just butter..daughter just dropped by and had a slice and gave it the thumbs up!