Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Gully78

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi all,
Just had a call from the doctor following blood tests and they've told me I have diabetes. 8.5 on the fasting blood test. I've put it off for a while fearing the worst and have managed to lose some weight in the hope the results would be better. Evidently not. Not sure what I'm feeling or what's next really. I drink a lot and eat a lot of carbs, so that will be the target first I expect. In peoples experience does drinking less help the diabetes?

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Hello everyone. 5.6 this morning but shot up to 7.6 4hrs later after 2hrs strenuous housework and only water to drink. Exercise is the worst thing for raising my BG levels. Does anyone else have the same problem?
In the early days when I was diagnosed my levels would shoot up. It might just be early days for you x

Ali Baba

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all,
Just had a call from the doctor following blood tests and they've told me I have diabetes. 8.5 on the fasting blood test. I've put it off for a while fearing the worst and have managed to lose some weight in the hope the results would be better. Evidently not. Not sure what I'm feeling or what's next really. I drink a lot and eat a lot of carbs, so that will be the target first I expect. In peoples experience does drinking less help the diabetes?
Define "drink" ie water or ......other.

Ali Baba

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I like beer and wine.. or did. I wanted to know if that's a big driver in bringing the levels down or is it more exercise and other carbs etc that help more.
Carbohydrates are the major player.Many of use need to reduce them to around 20-30 grams a day. Some can tolerate up to 100 -150 grams/day. In the beginning its a bit tough getting used to going without bread,pasta, potatoes etc, but you will soon get used to it, especially as you see your BG falling.

D

Deleted member 489048

Carbohydrates are the major player.Many of use need to reduce them to around 20-30 grams a day. Some can tolerate up to 100 -150 grams/day. In the beginning its a bit tough getting used to going without bread,pasta, potatoes etc, but you will soon get used to it, especially as you see your BG falling.
:mad: bread, pasta, potatoes all the yummy stuff! Don't drink don't smoke now it's don't eat! But trying, seeing slow progress. I know my goal is 117mmol.

Reactions: Prem51