Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 when I woke at 7.30am, and 6.1 when I finally decided to re-surface at just before 2pm on this cold miserable day...

One of the joys of retirement and a somewhat wonky biological clock is being able to sleep when I want! :D

Robbity

Reactions: 20 people

ickleowl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People asking my husband how I am, or what is wrong with me. It's my legs that don't work - the mouth & brain are still functioning normally
7.4 this morning, despite being on antibiotics - again!

Reactions: 16 people

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.9 this morning after a small chinese takeaway curry last night. Very stressful day yesterday. My mum was rushed to hospital with sepsis and dehydration, she's seriously ill :grumpy:.
KimG. Sorry to hear about your mum, hope she gets well soon (hugs)

Reactions: 5 people

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
16.5 help
@keebie, have you been testing every morning and is this out-of-the-ordinary-for-you high? Can you identify anything you might have eaten last night which might have pushed it up?

I am relatively new to this, and was diagnosed when a random blood test came back with a reading of 18, and the follow-up HBA1C was 97. I have swapped to the lchf diet which you'll read about on here, and my readings are coming down. I've also found everyone on here to be so helpful and supportive. I've asked lots of questions and have had nothing but helpful answers. Good luck.

Reactions: 4 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Good Morning 4.6

Reactions: 18 people

v4victory

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A scary 10.3 at 7am . I had a piece of my daughter's birthday cake last night. But metformin and a good brisk walk have brought it down to 6.9 two hours later. Hope you all have a great day today.

Reactions: 22 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
16.5 help
@keebie the lchf diet has saved me and hundreds of others.
My fbg was horrendous. I'm now reaching 5s with lchf and medication. I am severely insulin resistant. Please see if lchf diet would work for you and you'll soon see a difference. Enjoy!
Welcome to this thread.
Limit your carbs and we'll see you daily if you like.
I look forward to seeing you tomorrow and thereafter. :)

Reactions: 4 people