Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Norfolkmell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tattoos, carers calling me lovey or duckie when I've only just met them
Hi everyone,
6.3 this morning after a rubbish night. Only a week into testing and two weeks since diagnosis type 2 and finding it very hard. Trying to stick to low carb diet but have lost appetite ( and 3 lbs so far). My mobility is already rubbish, crutches on a good day wheelchair more often. Giving up sweet things no problem but need ideas for something quick and easy when I do get hungry. Blood results up and down all the while but as still new I'm hoping it will settle down at some stage.

Reactions: 10 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Just woke up, feel g slightly better but went to bed at 4.9 and FBG is 6.5 - flippin liver and its commitment to tackle inflammation. Not had This since first few weeks of LCHF:)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum

Reactions: 12 people

songbiredsan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
The Gym!!
Mine was 5.8 this morning - for the past couple of weeks it's been very hot here in Greece and I've noticed my levels are all slightly elevated. I was relieved to read in the Forum somewhere that this is quite common when temperatures go up. Good luck to everyone here, fighting the good fight.

Reactions: 11 people
D

debrasue

Rubbish 7.4 was at a friends for dinner last night - great cooking but I snacked on 'low carb' crisps - and too many biscuits with the cheese. Guess it's good to relax once in a while though

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum
Of course it's good to relax - especially when someone's doing as well as you are! Life's for living and enjoying along the way. Hugs x

songbiredsan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
The Gym!!
Hi everyone,
6.3 this morning after a rubbish night. Only a week into testing and two weeks since diagnosis type 2 and finding it very hard. Trying to stick to low carb diet but have lost appetite ( and 3 lbs so far). My mobility is already rubbish, crutches on a good day wheelchair more often. Giving up sweet things no problem but need ideas for something quick and easy when I do get hungry. Blood results up and down all the while but as still new I'm hoping it will settle down at some stage.
I was diagnosed exactly a year ago and am still finding it a challenge every day to eat well and not push the numbers up. I'm also having to lose weight and that's a second challenge;) Snacks are something else again! Try crunchy celery with a teaspoonful of peanut butter or an ounce of cheese and a few olives. I love pickled vegetables so I sometimes make a plate up with a few yummy pickles (in vinegar or brine) some cottage cheese and a piece of Melba toast ... and there's always fruit. To tell the truth I'm trying to wean myself off snacks, but it's always useful to have something handy for when the snack attacks leap out at you, as leap they will! Good luck. You'll be great!

Reactions: 5 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Just woke up, feel g slightly better but went to bed at 4.9 and FBG is 6.5 - flippin liver and its commitment to tackle inflammation. Not had This since first few weeks of LCHF:)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum
Are you definitely not well Kevin? Have you checked for a temperature?
I hope not. Fbg 6.5 is still ok!

Reactions: 2 people

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
9.3 this morning

7.6 bedtime

Of course if I was still using the old meter this would read 7.3 and 5.6 approx. So I would be happier with that!
This still shows a rise of 2 points overnight so DP, I guess.

Reactions: 15 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Fbg 7.2 because of a half baton of garlic bread. It should come with a health warning. lol

Reactions: 10 people