Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning FBG 6 which is great as I ate 3 pieces of pizza, a garlic roll and a.bit.of ice cream last nigjt.

Reactions: Tim55

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning FBG 6 which is great as I ate 3 pieces of pizza, a garlic roll and a.bit.of ice cream last nigjt.

Do you take Metformin, or any sort of medication? If I eat like that, my blood sugar will definitely spike and go through the roof. I envy you. I really do.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Keesha I am diet controlled. I eat LCHF and I usually stick to under 25gr carbs per day. It was a long day yesterday and I didnt have time to make a fathead pizza so I ate actual pizza. I truly believe that it is how you eat most of the time that matters. It can take time for levels to come down and sometimes when we behave our BS has a mind of its own.

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@Keesha I am diet controlled. I eat LCHF and I usually stick to under 25gr carbs per day. It was a long day yesterday and I didnt have time to make a fathead pizza so I ate actual pizza. I truly believe that it is how you eat most of the time that matters. It can take time for levels to come down and sometimes when we behave our BS has a mind of its own.

I seriously believe you are no longer a diabetic which is like a miracle.

JennieS

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine is high and by high i mean HIGH it's at 28.4 this morning but i've been taken off medication for a month and it's only rising

Reactions: Tim55

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Keesha noiracle and still diabetic Im afraid. Like many on here perseverance is the key and even then it doesnt work for some. I went off track for 3 months last year and my BS rose steadily so Im under no illusion that diabetes is for life.
@JenLou wow that must be scary waking up to those numbers. Why have they taken you off medication.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@JenLou what do you generally eat throughout the day as a reduction in carbs might hopefully help. Dont be afraid to ask questions, we are only too happy to give you advice :)

Reactions: Liam1955

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Mine is high and by high i mean HIGH it's at 28.4 this morning but i've been taken off medication for a month and it's only rising
Don't stay high for a month. Go back to your diabetes team. Please