Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
4.9 this morning. This was following about 10 hours sleep. Chatted to a friend of mine today (who is insulin dependent) and mentioned this. She said the same thing - her sugars tend to be up following not enough sleep. I vaguely remember reading something somewhere about lack of sleep having a detrimental effect on the pancreas' ability to function properly. Interesting.

Reactions: Tim55
A

asparagusp

4.9 this morning. This was following about 10 hours sleep. Chatted to a friend of mine today (who is insulin dependent) and mentioned this. She said the same thing - her sugars tend to be up following not enough sleep. I vaguely remember reading something somewhere about lack of sleep having a detrimental effect on the pancreas' ability to function properly. Interesting.

Well that's what is said but I had a hypo of 3.5, the other day after only four hours of interrupted sleep!

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
15.9 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LincolnLizzie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
3.8 this morning after reducing insulin last night but also did a 9 mile bike ride yesterday. It will come up during the day. BUT no hypo symptoms, I wonder why.

A

asparagusp

3.8 this morning after reducing insulin last night but also did a 9 mile bike ride yesterday. It will come up during the day. BUT no hypo symptoms, I wonder why.

The meters have a margin of error and maybe the real reading was 4.0 However not everyone experiences symptoms. I hardly do. Additionally there is at least one drug that can mask the symptoms - Propranolol.

I have had five hypos in the last couple of weeks and found that by reducing the medication the numbers actually went rather than down.

Last edited by a moderator:

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Inching higher and it is 5.9 this morning. From my experience, it is stress that is the biggest culprit in blood glucose control. It does not matter if you are eating right but if you are stressed then your blood glucose spike. LOL, the things we have to deal with on a daily basis. The only thing we can try to do is to not stress over things we have no control over, but it is easier said than done. Good day everyone and keep smiling.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Interesting article here http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/health/conditions/diabetes/lack-of-sleep-can-lead-to-diabetes/

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
If you are running on low to good bgs then a 3.8 won't tell your body it's a hypo in comparison, hence if this scenario continues you risk losing your hypo awareness in a natural way. I take bisoprolol and this protects my heart from palpitations and irratic blood pressure on my heart (hypo symptoms).

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.6 today. Back in London after 2 days in the land of no mobile signal in Suffolk. As it was my bday yesterday 7.6 probably isn't too bad, generally behaved myself and ate well!

Did have around 3 slices of lemon cake - but the super homemade low carb one so little effect on FBG ...

Trescoe1975

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.6 today. Back in London after 2 days in the land of no mobile signal in Suffolk. As it was my bday yesterday 7.6 probably isn't too bad, generally behaved myself and ate well!

Did have around 3 slices of lemon cake - but the super homemade low carb one so little effect on FBG ...
I am jealous, I had just one mint imperial, Glad you had a good day

D

debrasue

Sorry I missed your birthday - I hope you had a good one! Hugs x

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry I missed your birthday - I hope you had a good one! Hugs x

Thank you @debrasue And don't worry about missing my date :) haven't been around as have been up in Suffolk staying in a cottage with no electricity and no wifi! Utterly delightful - but nice to be back to reality :)

maureen5752

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Happy birthday for yesterday, hope it was a good one x

Reactions: Liam1955